“Great Mediterranean Food” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dania Beach, FL
“Great Mediterranean Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

My friend KRE celebrated her birthday at Maroosh. We had a table for 11 people in the center of the room. The waiters and the manager/owner were very accommodating and the service was excellent.

Let’s talk about the food. Everything in the menu is delicious. A way of selecting the favorites is by personal taste. I cannot leave this restaurant without having the fried cheese, the falafel, and the hummus. I have also tried the tabouleh and the kibbeh. The ingredients are fresh, the combination tasty, and I believe, being no expert, each dish is authentic Mediterranean food.

Maroosh’s menu has a variety of small dishes and entrees. For the first time I tried the lamb kafta kabab. I thought it was really good – I am no fan of lamb. Usually, we would order various small dishes; this way we could try different ones in each visit.

On weekends there is a belly dancer. The ambiance is relaxed, great for a night out with friends or significant other. All the times I have been to Maroosh I enjoy the food, music, and dancer, and I leave feeling satisfied and a bit happier.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

90% Recommend
Miami
“Delicious Food, Good Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Three of us ate here and enjoyed two appetizers and two main courses which we split between us washed down with a delicious bottle of Whitehaven Sauvignon blanc which goes perfectly with the spices of this Mediterranean style meal! The meal starts with crudites which are good and a plentiful basket of flat pita-style bread which I personally am not so keen on but it was still good. The stuffed cabbage appetizer containing rice, meat and seasoning was tasty and delicious! We also ordered Mjaddarah (vegetarian delight) which was rice and lentils cooked together, topped with sauteed onions served with homemade yogurt which I personally found a little bit bland, but my two foodie friends loved it! The Greek-style salad that came with the meal was excellent with a zesty lemon-style house dressing and lots of great cheese on top. For the main course, we tried a Lamb Curry here for the first time. It was very good. It came with the most delicious rice with toasted almonds on top - Slurp!! The other main course we shared is one we have had before which is Hunter Fish which is covered in a mixture of tomatoes. onions, garlic and Mediterranean seasoning and it was very good. We never have room for dessert! The owner is delightful and only to happy to give you quarters change for the meters outside and the staff and service was very good. Looking forward to returning again down the road.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Miami, Florida
“Cozy ambience and excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We've dined here three times in the last month and found the food to be good, the service excellent and the portions very generous. We usually have the 5 appetizer selection and end up going home with leftovers. What we like most about the place is the relaxed, low key atmosphere where we can actually hear ourselves talk on a Friday night in Coral Gables.

• Visited June 2013
Miami, Florida
“Always excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

We have been having dinner at Maroosh every Thursday for the last 4 years. Guess that says it all. Food ALWAYS good and dependable. Service always excellent. If you want mediterranean food, this is your best option by far.

• Visited May 2013
Caracas
“Excellent option...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I know a bit about arabian food. However, I can ensure that this type of food and this place are great! The service was excellent, they bring the food quickly and the taste is fantastic. The portions are generous.

• Visited April 2013