“Maroosh Mediterranean Restaurant Was Tasty and Fun!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 275 Restaurants in Coral Gables
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Miami
“Maroosh Mediterranean Restaurant Was Tasty and Fun!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

We went two couples and the place was full but was able to sit within 15 minutes of arrival - that was OK - the APPETIZERS Hummus (A blend of chick peas, sesame seeds and lemon juice) was out of this world and another plate which was sausage links with a special sauce on top was very good too.

The salad that comes with the main dish had a house dressing that was really good too.

The main meal arrived and the lamb was done to perfection - and some order fish and shimp which was good too but the lamb was best.

They an entertaining belly dancer and the show came about every hour. The ambience was good and yes I would recommend and will come back again.

• Visited October 2011

Sierra Vista, Arizona
“Delicious food, great service, belly dancer entertainment”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

Delish MIddle Eastern food. I had the Mediterranean Fish Filet, which is steamed and topped with cilantro, garlic, and lemon. We tried some apps too. Everything very tasty. Go early if you want some peace and quiet. Around 8pm on the weeknights a belly dancer starts and the music is VERY loud.

• Visited August 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Miami, Florida
“AMAZING FOOD, AMAZING PLACE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

I went to Maroosh with my husband who is Egyptian and knows how Mediterranean food should taste. we were both so impressed. the grape leaves for appetizer where fantastic! You MUST have them if you go. I had the shwarma and he had the lamb rack. My gosh it was all so good! and the hummus, the hummus!! even the french fries that came with my shwarma were so good. they were the perfect golden, with the perfect amt of salt and did not feel oily. The ambiance was great with old arabic music in the background and the occasional Hakim. The servers where very nice. we will definitely go back. My shwarma was $22 and his lamb rack was $27. all in all our bill was about $70.00 and we each had a glass of merlot with our meal.
we found parking a block away in the meters.

• Visited August 2011
Naples, Florida
“The best Arabic food I have had in any restaurant !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

I went there this weekend after taking all of these ratings into consideration and was I happy I did. We went on Saturday around 4 pm to beat the rush hour in case it was a busy place. I had these little chicken sausages as an appetizer that were recommended by our waitress and let me tell you-they were OUT Of THIS WORLD ! Seriously. My inlaws are middle eastern so I am not easily impressed since I have had real authentic home cooked middle eastern food quite often. We also had hummus, Babaganoush and my entree was the lemon chicken with artichokes. I would highly recommend this dish, which had this lemony garlic sauce that left you wanting more. I can't wait to go back!

• Visited July 2011
Mount Dora, Florida
“Best Mediterranean Food In Coral Gables”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

Many years ago I joined the Navy and saw a lot of the world from a destroyer. Now and then we'd go ashore and I'd get to look around and enjoy the local culture, food and beverages. I enjoyed my visits to Greece, Turkey, Egypt and Lebanon and have loved good Mediterranean food ever since.

Maroosh has captured the authentic flavors of Mediterranean food right in the heart of Coral Gables. This cozy place with comfortable ambiance and middle eastern decor is great for lunch or dinner. It is owned by Samir al Barq. Samir is a Lebanese-American with a wonderful memory, and after your first visit will remember you and what you like to eat and drink.

The food at Maroosh is great, with Lebanese favorites like baba ghannouj, falafel, couscous, anoush, kefta kabob and other shish kabobs, grape leaves, hummus, chicken wings and fried or baked kibbe. For meats they have chicken, fish, lamb and beef. They also have lots of good soups and salads, including Tabouleh and Greek Salad. I love their Jerusalem Salad with chopped cucumber, green pepper, tomato, parsley and a lemon tahini dressing.

Maroosh also has great desserts. I especially like their baklava - thin sheets of filo filled with walnuts. I also like their cassata al cioccolato - classic Sicilian chocolate and vanilla gelato with fruit candies.

Prices are reasonable at Maroosh, especially when compared to other upscale dining establishments in Coral Gables. They don't serve hard liquor, but their wine list is extensive and good. They also have a good selection of domestic and imported beer.

An extra feature on Friday and Saturday nights is the entertainment of the belly dancers. These dancers ply their traditional craft in good taste. It gives those who are so inclined the chance to see beautiful women in colorful costumes and excellent physical condition moving with seductive grace to Mideastern music.

You will enjoy your visit to Maroosh.

• Visited May 2011