“Delicious Romance” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Christy's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 307 Restaurants in Coral Gables
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Malaga and University
Miami, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious Romance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

My boyfriend surprised me the other night by taking me to Christys. The food was excellent!! I had the sea bass which was delicious and he had the short rib which he raved about. The ambiance was romantic and the service was exceptional.It had been awhile since i had been to Christys, but now it is a New Favorite!!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank sgonzalez2013

Coral Gables, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Poor Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

We went there with our family and after waiting for our reserved table for one hour, and numerous promises that we would soon be seated, and after watching other groups that were schmoozing the young hostess being seated ahead of us, we decided to leave to another restaurant. To make matters worse, on our way out, we told her of our disappointment and she was totally dismissive and really coundn't of cared less! This is not the Christy's that I used to know! With time and this type of service, this restaurant will fade.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank Andrew R
Marbella, Spain
“Always so good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Been going to this restaurant since the 80's while in Miami on business and/or vacation. Phenomenal standard and quality for this long means everything. Superb Caesar salad, steaks are always cooked to perfection and comes out on a warm plate, which is a nice touch. Service is really something, attentive fine and elegant! Hope they stay open for many more decades!

• Visited June 2013
Gainesville, Florida
“Very Good...Every Time!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

It had been several years since I had been here and it was every bit as good as the many times before when I lived in Miami. The service is worthy of an excellent score and the food is always very good what ever you select!

• Visited August 2013
Miami, Florida
“Tradition, Tradition, Tradition”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I have been going to Christy's , since the early 1980's... Although it changed ownership some years ago, the menu has not. It's a classic local eatery, that you can count on with tradition, and always great service.

The Menu is short and sweet, everything on there is good. There is something to be said abut a restaurant that keeps its menu short, and knows how to prepare what they offer, as opposed to those pages and pages of items, that in the end all taste pretty much the same.

The Ceasar Salad that is served before your main plate is always spectacular. The shrimp are huge, and fresh. The Balck Bean Soup is to die for..

Their Martini's are fantastic..

I personally have my own meat made for me, which is a sliece of fantastic prime rib, which is throw on the grill and seared like a steak.
All the waiters are great, I hold a special place for James, always ask for him when I go, and his service, smile and attitude is always a pleasure.

The desert not to be missed is baked alaska!

Great power lunch place, and a great dinner place.. Don't miss it, it part of the Miami experience..

• Visited July 2013