“Best Delay at MIA Ever!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Christy's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 280 Restaurants in Coral Gables
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night, Private Dining
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Malaga and University
Haverford, Pennsylvania
“Best Delay at MIA Ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We were flying to Costa Rica on Christmas Day when American gave us a horrible schedule change. We now had a layover in Miami for six hours! Who wants to spend six hours at an airport!
So we called and got reservations at Christy's in Coral Gables. It was just a quick cab ride away from the airport.
We arrived right when they opened for dinner on Christmas day so the place was not too full. However during dinner it quickly filled up.
I liked this place, it reminded me of a place my parents would love. The classic dark steak house with deep reds and touch of formal. It isn't modern in a good way - it's just a cozy old fashioned dark steak house.
The service was excellent. It was friendly and had a touch of formal. The waiter was attentive.
We had huge shrimp cocktails. We then each had a steak. The steaks were perfect. The were tender and cooked just the way we ordered them. We are two dads and two teenage kids and it didn't take long for us to have four empty plates. We were very happy with the food!
We ate a great Christmas dinner at Christy's and the hostess called a cab for us and we zipped back to MIA and caught our flight to San Jose. It was a great MIA layover!
I will say it's a bit pricey, but it's worth every bite for a special night out.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Coral Gables, Florida
“Average Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Christy is an average restaurant. The food is okay, but the decor is outdated. The prices are average for the area.

Miami, Florida
“always a great dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Christy's is always above average consistent excellent dinner experience. It is perfect for a business lunch or dinner or dinner with friends. They pour a great drink, the steaks and chops are excellent as are the fish selections. Don't miss the ceasar salad or the jumbo shrimp cocktail

Visited November 2012
“I was disappointed of this place.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

My wife did a reservation for my birthday in this place last Friday, because I too her, I wanted to go there. I had read good comment about this place, oldest restaurant in town, jazz piano bar.the true was the admofere was romantic and the place too but all start to change as soon I open the Menu
1- Manu was very limited only 3 or 4 dishes per category and my big disappoint was the wine List, terrible!!!! Only 5 merlot in list and all Chilean, Cabernet 80% Chileans and Californian and only 5 or 6 with an exuberant prize from Europe more than 400$ a Bottle in particular I don't like American wine and for me was without option no Spanish or French or Italian wine in list.
They are steakhouse so I ordered steak hopping to eat a good steak, wrong the steak was terrible well cook but hard to cut not tender and out of side my wife ordered New York strip 14 onz and I ribeye 20 onz and both was the same steak in size and cut I tested both and no difference in between. Their comics Cesar salat was very salty and the asparagus was fibrous not tender.
I thing you can found very good steakhouse restaurant in this town much better than this with the same admofere and very good tender aged steaks that was what I expected to eat there for the
In general "poor quality" with a lot of potential

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Miami, Florida
“special occasion”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

service was great, food was prepared well. went for my graduation dinner. Baked alaska was cool. It's an elegant place to dine.