“Nice place” 4 of 5 stars

+1 786-360-6433
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Swine Southern Table and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 274 Restaurants in Coral Gables
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Family Fare
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Miracle Mile
Description: With a man cave feel and in-house smoker that can be smelled from a block away, Swine has received a warm welcome to the Coral Gables neighborhood. Maintaining the same top-notch techniques and standards of hospitality as its sister restaurant, Swine offers a constantly evolving food and beverage menu that work together to create the perfect Southern meal in a down-home, feel good environment. "From the moment you walk in the door, you are completely transported out of Miami," Kunkel says. "Swine provides a full dining experience with an interior that reflects the refinement of the South." It feels barn-like because it is in fact made from reclaimed wood of an actual barn in South Carolina. Housed inside is the state-of-the-art smoker and wood-fired grills, adding a signature flavor and level of authenticity unique to the restaurant.
“Nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and i visited Swine yesterday around 7 pm our first night out after two months of being home with our newborn baby girl. Very good food, Mac & cheese and smoked brisket amazing. I had a drink call " an old cuban" pretty interesting mixed of bacardi and champagne, but not worth $18. The ambiance was pleasant and the service extraordinary our waiter i believe his name was ( david) very nice and well trained. The only negative comment would be They need a bigger venue, it felt like I couldn't walk because the hallway was so small. Other than that, very nice will be back !!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Swoon over Swine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Run Pig Run.....Lives up to the reputation of it's sister restaurant, Yardbird. Obviously, the focus here is pig and the chef doesn't disappoint. We were a party of six so I was able to sample lots of dishes without ordering an entree. The standout dish for me was the Chicken Fried Bacon & Waffles. There is no way that I could have eaten this dish alone because the portions are definitely for sharing and it's rich. This dish sings! The house smoked brisket was perfection. Hubby's favorite dish was the 1855 black angus burnt ends appetizer. I've heard mixed reviews from friends, but our experience was wonderful from appetizers to dessert-Warm Sticky Icky Bun...amazingly good!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Miami, Florida
“Did not meet up to all the hoopla”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

Went to Swine's on May 30th for my birthday because folks at work have been raving about it like mad. We arrived at 7pm and the first shock was the $10 valet charge (ouch). We were seated right away upstairs. The décor is different and very pleasing. The service is second to none! The place was packed and I have never had a better experience in any restaurant than the one here with reference to the service provided. They take great pride in tending to the tables needs. Every employee comes by to check on you , remove plates and make sure water is never more than half empty. Now to the food. Unfortunately the food left much to be desired and after all this is what will have you come back to a place. I had the brisket which was good but nothing out of this world and the price....well that was out of this world $32 for 4 tiny pieces of meat. My son had the duck, the breast tasted okay but the rest of the duck tasted foul. My other son had the chicken fried waffles which were inedible and my hubby had NY strip which was okay. The total bill was $194 for 2 appetizers, 4 entrees and 1 dessert. I feel it was way overpriced for the quality of the food. My eldest stated we could have gone to Shorty's and had a better meal for a much better price. I have giving bad reviews but I do want folks to be aware. I hope this review helps the establishment improve on the food and prices, it would be such a shame for them not to succeed, they have the ambience and service they just need to food to come along.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Miami, Florida
“Can't wait to go back!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Excited about having a Southern Food Experience near home! Got there around 5:30 on Sat. Sat upstairs. Host was not thrilled about us seating at a larger table( we like to sit next to each other, facing out) even though it was early and the place was pretty empty. She obliged and we had great service from Seth. Very knowledgeable about the menu and gave us great recommendations. We had the "burnt ends" > divine and the "bone marrow"> ok as appetizers. Shared the brisket with sides of baked beans and the chicken potatoes. The brisket was so juicy and flavorful and the beans were amazing> that perfect combo of sweet and smoky. The potatoes weren't great. No room for dessert. Can't wait to go back and try the ribs! My advice is to go early since the place was packed in 2 hours.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Norcross, Georgia
“Great southern food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Great food, location and service. Big portions and all fresh, nothing frozen, all organic. Good prices.

• 5 of 5 stars Food