“Felt like I was at a café...in Paris. Really!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #147 of 284 Restaurants in Coral Gables
Cuisines: French
Florida
“Felt like I was at a café...in Paris. Really!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Great French Cafe in Coral Gables. I usually don't write reviews this quick but I just got back from lunch at this cafe and felt compelled to write right away. I had the special of the day which was a carrot cilantro soup and a wild mushroom risotto ($10). Gracious! were they exquisite! I accompanied the meal with a glass of Chardonnay ($7.50). The soup was served in a ceramic bowl a bit bigger than a cup. The risotto was served in a regular size bowl and it was a good portion, later on I had to request a 'doggy' bag to take some home. Neither the soup nor the risotto were too salty or heavy (which is why I'm not a big fan of risotto), just right. Flavor was not overwhelming and the nice Chardonnay washed it down perfectly. The ambience of the place makes you feel like you're in a cafe tucked away in some Rue on the 16th district in Paris. Oh and the service...outstanding! The owner, Marie-Christine, is extremely attentive, warm and personable. I will definitely go back to try some of their other dishes.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I don't think they still...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2008

I don't think they still exist, but loved having lunch and browsing the wine bottles.