“Costazul: Delicious!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Miami, Florida
“Costazul: Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

As a rule, fresh and flavorful seafood dishes are found by the coast, but here the rules don't apply! I have heard that Peruvians knew their seafood, but was I wrong.. this place can compete with the best of Venice, Italy in the way the food is presented and how delicious it is!
Our waiter Mike was very patient and pleasant with our many questions. We had a really, really great ceviche, an exquisite warm fish and other seafood & white wine soup called Parihuela as starters. For main dishes we had a mouth-watering Corvina Costazul and Picante de Mariscos --not your regular "frutti di mare", but dishes that you have to eat them slowly to feel that 'Ahhhhh' sensation that something really nice is in your mouth. I cannot forget to mention the mango martinis...just can't have only one!! And finally, to top it all off, we ordered a Peruvian only delicacy called Suspiro Limegno that unfortunately I shared with my wife...big mistake because I had to fight her over for a bite of this delicious sweet dessert. South Florida and the keys have many excellent and moderately price seafood places, but this hidden treasure is among the best there are.

• Visited October 2012