“Eclectic style cuisine, mmmm different!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 276 Restaurants in Coral Gables
Cuisines: Eclectic
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
“Eclectic style cuisine, mmmm different!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

My overall experience was great, I'd definately recommended to anyone in the Coral Cables area to stop by, u won't regret it...

• Visited January 2013

Miami, Florida
“Twerking Terrific”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

This place makes me want to twerk and I don't even know how to do that! I felt like I was a judge on Iron Chef. This experience was epic. My angel and I had three dishes - pork cheeks, sweetbreads, and pasta carbonara. The sweetbreads were perfectly carmelized and the black garlic sauce that came with it was so good I felt like my life went into slow motion as my taste buds sang a song from The Sound of Music. The pork cheeks were so tender, a pile of mash potatoes on another table were embarassed for themselves. We finished with the pasta carbonara and we were the proud recepients of the flavor-baby generated by the marriage of black truffles and pasta dressed in a egg yolk/parmigiana wedding dress. It was so rich and creamy that it took any thoughts of dessert out of our heads...next time we may start with dessert.
The only zit on the otherwise flawless face of Eating House was the cost of wine. Starting at $40 a bottle, it turned out to be 40% of our entire tab. Why not offer "cheap" wine for people like me (and there are many others) who when asked, "How do you like the wine?" , reply, "How the hell do I know?" I got lucky on finding a parking space around the corner where I needed eight quarters quarters otherwise it would have been a real chore. But, my silly complaints here should by no means deter you from enriching your life and fulfilling the passion of a young, Einstein-like chef because I placed this experience right under the birth of my son....okay...maybe not that high but certainly comperable to bringing home a little puppy, our dog Ant Boy, ten years ago. I say go, and go now before they raise the prices and move to South Beach. Bravo Eating House!

• Visited August 2013
Key West, Florida
“Creative original dishes with fresh ingredients”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

If you are in Coral Gables on a Sunday morning and don't want to spring for the $79 brunch at the Biltmore, Eating House is a tasty alternative. Be sure to make reservations or be prepared to wait at least 30 minutes. The menu is not extensive but offers customers vegetarian, gluten free and meat lovers options for brunch ! And the mimosas are fabulous.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Miami's most innovative and delicious restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

It is not often that a restaurant beats your high expectations. A friend who is a chef recommended the restaurant to us, so we knew it would be good, but not this good. The menu is small but everything on it sounds interesting and delicious. We started with heirloom tomatoes with frozen coconut ( sounds weird but was actually great )peanuts and nuoc cham and herbs. This was so different and quite wonderful. The brussel sprouts were outstanding. They were topped with an egg, korean bbq, and crispy egg noodles- yum! Then we shared sweet corn with lime crema, cotija cheese, fritos ( yes, those fritos) , and chili. The charred corn on the cob had a sweet and spicy taste with a creamy texture. Very ying and yang. The next course, which seemed to be the most popular as every table was geting this dish, was the chicken "foie-ffles", with maple, candied bacon and ranch dressing. This dish was sensational. The southern fried chicken was beyond tender and the sweet and salty flavours were perfection. Then we shared the pasta carbonara with bacon, truffle, egg yolk and parmesan. It was beyond delicious. The next best thing to a great dish in Italy. Don't want to even think about the calories of this meal. The dessert was the best I have had in a long time. It was roasted peaches with soft custard, corn, frozen bluberries, maple and pistachio crumble. It was a deconstructed dessert and was sinfully good. We can't wait to go back again and try some other dishes. The place is hopping with a lot of turnover. The staff is all young and friendly. The chef dresses every dish personally before it goes out so there is good product control. He even delivers some of the food to the tables himself. I think we have a winner on its hand and I am even bold enough to say that this place is a contender for best new restaurant in the Southeast for the James Beard awards.
note to restaurant: your floors are very slippery. Make sure they are cleaned or someone could slip and fall and you may find yourself in trouble.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Amazing food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

We went to Eating House for brunch today and we were deliciously surprised by the amazing, innovative and delectable food!
For appetizer we ordered:
heirloom tomatoes, roasted beet salad and the "maiz asado" - roasted corn. As a main dish; the "calentado", a meat dish, with rice, beans and plantains. But it was very heard to make a selection, specially, when you see the other dishes being served near you, and you realize that you want to try them all, specially when you see that people are wiping them clean.
Definitely this place is a must try!!!!
The service is great, very friendly, efficient and knowledgeable about their menu.
Price: not overly priced at all!
The place is quite small, so it is highly recommended to have a reservation.