“Thee Best, others bow to them” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Reservations
Miami, Florida
“Thee Best, others bow to them”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

They started as a "Pop Up" restaurant, Giorgio Rapicavoli the owner/chef was still wet behind the ears; however, that would be like saying Mozart was wet behind the ears at age 8 two years after writing music.

The Eating House is now transformed, as they own the restaurant, and remodeled it into a way cool, funkadelic study. Not only do you feel comfortable in this library-esk man cave, but you feel as if you are being welcomed home.

I am the one who is always excited in coming here, truly he is one of thee best chef's in Miami, if not thee best chef. Such a talented guy, and an incredible hard working staff. He is leaving quite a mark in the South Florida community. He still has tremendous passion for what he does, and there is always something new on the menu.

Today it was the Short Ribs that rocked my socks off, they were undoubtedly they best Short Rib's I have ever had. The Beet Capriccio was so well worth the order too.

His palliating is that of Monet, Rembrandt and Da Vinci artwork to the eye, and music to the mouth. I know I will be able to look back and say I was there opening day, as one day and one day very soon he will have a restaurant like "The French Laundry, Beast, Husk, he has surly surpassed Maxine's in Paris. Literally I could eat there everyday, but I'd way 400 lbs. and I'd be broke.

The best compliment I can pass on, was "His parents raised him right", I'm proud he's a Miami boy. His abilities are endless, graciousness is unfettered and he has left his ego at the door. That say's a lot if you have met the other talented chef's that Giorgio is skillfully running circles around.

Love this place, love his staff.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Coral Gables, Florida
“amazing restaurant -a must try in Miami”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Everything about this restaurant is amazing, the food is incredible, the management team is all about excellent service. If you are traveling to Miami, you have to make it a stop. You need to make reservations since it is always busy. However, even if you do not have a reservation the wait time is worth the wait. The owner goes out of his way to make it a great experience. The food is very creative and the flavors are unique but great. Ask for something from the entire menu. The prices are fair and you certainly get value for your money. It's hard to leave when you are done since it is such a wonderful experience.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Quaint little place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

Been there twice. First when it was a pop up and last week. Had a burger ....not just a burger it was really good. It was topped with a fried egg and I didn't read that and probably would have never ordered it. By the way it is their Wednesday special and sells out almost immediately so get there early. Brussel sprouts sound so ewww as they tend to be bitter and you know the rest. Not here they are a must try. Delish !!! Quaint little place with interesting variety. Share!!!!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Plantation, Florida
“is good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

most of the food is really good and fresh and interesting, they have a unique style, but for the price I find it a bit overrated, still worth a visit

Visited February 2013
miami, fl
“Great food good value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Had heard about this place for some time and went to check it out last weekend. We were unable to secure a reservation due to a large party but they were able to set us up in a sidewalk table. Our waiter suggested ordering several items that the four of us could share. We tried the tomatoes with frozen coconut, oxtails, chicken and pasta carbonara. The chicken and pasta are standards on the menu but the others are seasonal items that vary from time to time. All of our dishes were excellent but we especially enjoyed the pasta and the oxtails. Our waiter suggested and we accepted to order one item at a time which stretched the culinary experience and allowed us to enjoy each item as a standalone. I would recommend ordering the pasta last so as not to fill up too soon. .
Prices are very reasonable and service is outstanding. I highly recommend that you try Eating House.

• Visited April 2013