“Don't stay here! Very poor service” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
SAVE 15% TODAY!
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Coral Gables
“Don't stay here! Very poor service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Went to check in at 1 am in the morning after a long flight. The woman at the front desk said, "my system just went into audit, so I cannot check you in for at least 20 minutes." No apology. No other solution. This was a prepaid reservation! Never again.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Coral Gables, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that you were not given the proper service at check-in during your late arrival. In response to your feedback, I am meeting with our staff and will be reviewing our check-in process with them to ensure this does not happen again. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at MCG@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2015

My husband and i stayed at extended stay on several occasions. Even though it is not a five star hotel, the exceptional service and care from front desk workers and manager make up for such.
Ari, the service industry needs more like you...proactive, caring, friendly, helpful always smiling, works hard. Keep up the great job.
Chris....omg...you are an asset to that hotel. Your willingness to assist at all times is amazing. Your friendly personality leaves the guests wanting to chat with you all day. Kristal..such a gem. You are such a humble, caring soul. Nothing is to much for you to do for your guests. Michael.....excellent worker...polite at all times. Jessenia..you are always willing to go the extra mile to provide for the guests. I absolutely love the fact that you guys take the time to chat and make the elderly feel like they are at home away from home.
Guys continue to keep up the exceptional service you provide. Your pleasant demeanour and continued professionalism makes up for what the physical aspect of the hotel lacks.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Coral Gables, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the care and attention of our front desk staff. I will make sure to show our staff your review and I am sure they will be delighted to see it. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2015 via mobile

We paid $179.00 through Expedia (thinking we were getting a deal...that's the standard rate). We brought two dogs...$25.00 each. Grand total of $229.00 and we got a room we should have paid $79.00 for, with someone smoking either below or to the side but a smoky room either way. (Wasn't smoky when we first checked in) and its a smoke free hotel. Stiff mattress...no coffee in room yet each room has a kitchenette. Guess they can't afford coffee pots. Breakfast is a stale muffin. Stay somewhere else.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Coral Gables, responded to this review, April 17, 2015
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that you were not informed about our new dishware policy and that you experienced smoke odors during your stay. To prevent this from happening again, my team and I are working diligently to determine the source of the smoke odors and retraining our front desk staff to make sure they explain our new dishware policy to guests at check-in. We no longer keep dishes in guest rooms; however, these items are available at the front desk. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at MCG@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2015

The hotel is well located but it's just NOT worth it.

The rooms are not clean enough (insects /mosquitos in the room), shower doesn't have enough pressure, old air conditioning system, and housekeeping doesn't come everyday so you end up with no soap, no shampoo, no towel, no trash cleaning.

Besides, do not expect any complementary service that you find in any other hotel (like an early check in or late check out) .

I had a very poor experience. Definitely will not come back.

On the positive side, location is good and neighborhood is nice and calm.

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that you encountered cleanliness and maintenance issues during your stay with us. To prevent this from happening again, my team is working diligently to make sure we better communicate the amenities we offer as well as having our maintenance staff make sure everything in our rooms is functioning properly. We provide housekeeping services to guests staying eight or more nights; however, these services are always available upon request for an additional fee. We also provide guests with extra towels and toiletries at the front desk. I am sorry we did not correctly inform you of this upon check-in. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at mcg@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2015

This is my second stay in an Extended Stay America and I am still not quite sure that I understand the model. It seems to me that the brand shaves cost by reducing services but not commensurate with the cost savings. I don't need anyone to make my bed for three days. I can do that. But it would have been nice to have a new soap or towel...or maybe take our our trash.

The location of this hotel is fantastic though with regard to Coral Gables. The neighborhood is quite easily walkable and exciting. There is great shopping and great restaurants among the monuments of the area.

Knowing what I know now. I would stay here again because the location overtakes the challenges of the property. While the towels are rough and uncomfortable, everything is essentially good enough. There is free internet. There is breakfast though it is truly grab and go.... Served in a cramped corner of the lobby, guests can make instant oatmeal and grab an apple, orange and granola bar. Of course there is coffee and tea.

One bizarre note is that I often had trouble getting hot water. Perhaps it was a fluke. Who knows.

Like I said, this is a suitable accommodation for a very basic stay and is an inexpensive option in a great area.

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Thank you for your review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the convenience of our location and had an overall positive stay. We are sorry we did not exceed your expectations on the towels and housekeeping service we offer; however, we are working hard to remedy these items. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Dallas, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2015

Bathroom was dirty It had hair all over the place. I'm not a fan of this type of hotel because they do not offer daily maid service. I do like the idea the windows open and you can get some fresh air. The young guy working at the front desk is very nice and friendly.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Coral Gables, responded to this review, March 18, 2015
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am happy to hear that our front desk associate was nice and friendly. The problem you encountered with the cleanliness of the bathroom is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. I am personally going to work with my team to ensure that this problem doesn't happen again. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Whitefish, Montana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2015

This place is pretty basic, but clean and a good value for the price. Service was great - both staff members who helped us were very accommodating and helpful. Plenty of parking and within walking distance to great restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family

Been to Extended Stay America - Miami - Coral Gables? Share your experiences!