“Over priced” 1 of 5 stars

Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Coral Gables
“Over priced”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

Stay away unless you want to spend $200 on a $49 hotel!!!! Construction started at 7am next door and the room are old and had a bad odor I would recommend this hotel unless you are in a pinch. If I could take it back I would have never booked here. My girlfriend didn't even want to stay but I had meetings the next day so we had to tough it out.

• Stayed January 2015

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

5 starsclean comfortable could not ask for more didn't think twice about the area it was located in a very friendly staff sanitary great continental breakfast son wanted to move into the hotel it was the cherry on top of a long day of flights and the night before a very extended stay and miami children's hospital perfect for what we needed just steps away from tons of things to do safe neighborhood beautiful view out the window I have OCD and didn't think twice about sitting on or sleeping in anything in the room and the staff very kind understanding and wanted to make sure that we were completely satisfied

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Extended stay America in Coral Gables, Miami is more like an apart hotel. You can rent a room with your own kitchen unit and be independebt while staying for longer time in Miami.

Rooms are clean, let's say one star above "clean enough". It is not dirty, but you don't have the impression of "freshness" like solo embody just ended cleaning it for you.

Service - depends from person. On my first day I was greeted by a guy which was very helpful, approachable and simply nice, you felt like being helped. On my second day I was interacting with a woman that was grumpy and didn't give a fudge about me.

Breakfast - it's a simple grab & go, nothing special, just instant oatmeal, some fruits, coffe, tea, etc.

No storage for your bags - you need to ask at the reception to open some mechanical room to live your staff on the floor, it is strange hotel doesn't have any place dedicated for clients to leave their suitcases.

Rooms - quite big & comfy, just really old interiors can make you feel like at sone motel (especially bathrooms).

All together it is another place where you will stay & enjoy yourself. But probably you won't pick it for your next stay in Miami...

Stuttgart, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This was my first time at an Extended Stay Hotel and wasn't quite familiar with the concept. If you are looking for typical hotel services such as cleaning, a restaurant, a bar etc. you won't have it, or rather, you pay a little surcharge for cleaning... if you want it. A small lobby and very friendly staff hand you the keys to a very spacious and clean apartment room which includes a kitchen cabinet, stove, microwave etc. You could literally stay there for an extended period of time and cook your own food etc. The bathroom was clean and spacious. I see some pics of too low shower heads etc, but that was not true for my room at all. The shower was not made of marble, but fine ;)
The hotel's location is favourable, nice area, good connection to trolleys and busses, esp. to the airport on the latter (line 37). Great restaurants and diners a walk away: Denny's, a Cuban restaurant (Sergio's), bars, burger places and fancy restaurants closer to the Hyatt and generally along Miracle Mile and Coral Way.
Free WiFi in the room was reliable for at least three devices and upgradable to fast internet for a surcharge.
I gave it four starts for the fact that, even though I've got a really good online deal myself, the standard price doesn't add up to me, as you can have the same, if not more, at a standard hotel with prices ranging from $250-290 per night, at least around New Year's.
Also, the Grab & Go breakfast, which is avbl till 9.30 was wiped empty at least twice in seven days before 9am. If you do get up early enough, it is quite nutritous, though: muesli bars, fruit, muffins and two choices of hot coffee, as well as tea.
If you don't mind living in your own mess, cook your own food or eat out all the time, then Extended Stay is for you. I surely enjoyed it and once again: the staffers were great!

Room Tip: There is currently a huge construction site next door, try avoiding that. But the a/c matted that no...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
Bloomington, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

There was only one staff at nights even the hotel was fully booked. She gave us room 212. There was a heavy smell in the room and I saw a bug on the floor. The AC on the bathroom was noisy. I requested to change my room but she said they were fully booked. However I insist her to change room because we are unable to stay this room. Then, she gave us another room 512. So, she lied to us. the new rooms bathtube was always closed the water did not go anywhere and the hole on the front door was broken. the room was not so clean also. Because of this debate we entered our room and sleep so late and woke up late. we missed one of our planned trip the following day. I paid almost 200 dollar for one night and I dissatisfied with my little 2 kids. I stayed extended stay in america before in DC and we like it. This time it was completely devastating. I might not be stay in your hotels anymore and I talked to everyone and write comments everywhere that I am able to write.

Room Tip: stay away from this hotel
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
london
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights, there was a smell of cigarettes in the room. The shower didn't work properly and was only high enough to accommodate a very small person. The rooms backing onto the street are very noisy. Please avoid an don't waste your money.

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2014

We stayed here on July 1st, 2014. People who work in this hotel are quite friendly to customers. They provided all kinds of cooking tools we enjoyed a lot. The girl named Jessenia is a remarkable worker here. She is so sweet and polite. Helped us a lot.

Room Tip: Free parking.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Extended Stay America - Miami - Coral Gables? Share your experiences!