“Great Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Coral Gables
Boca Raton, Florida
“Great Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

Very good hotel that is affordable, nice, and witihin walking distance from great restaurants on the miracle mile. It is also a short drive the the University of Miami campus.. I stay here often and will continue to.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Coral Gables, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Kevin - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I'm glad that you enjoyed our convenient location and our affordable rates during your visit. Thank you for continuing to choose Extended Stay America. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

We were originally booked to stay at the Extended Stay near the airport but were relocated to the Coral Gables location due to a water problem with some of the rooms. There was a shuttle provided (as well as a free shuttle the next day to the airport). The staff at both locations were GREAT! I can only remember one name, Chris, at the Coral Gables location because he was truly fantastic and remained calm while single-handedly holding down the front desk! The place was spotless, bed/pillows very comfy and the Coral Gables area was beautiful to explore on foot. We were a short drive to Marlins Park as well as Little Havana. Excellent Turkish café in walking distance and tons of other shopping/restaurants. Would love to stay there again! (Oh, and the gentleman driving the shuttle was also very pleasant!).

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Coral Gables, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so pleased to know that you enjoyed our location and our staff during your visit. I look forward to sharing your kind remarks with our team. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Stayed here for one night during a weekend in and around Miami. This hotel was very close to Miracle Mile, and within close driving distance to South Beach, Vizcaya, and other areas in Miami. It was easy to find and get to, and there was plenty of parking. Jeremy at the front desk was very friendly and helpful during check in and check out which was quick and easy. Breakfast was grab and go so don't expect a big spread and do get there early. The room was pretty clean and comfortable - I only stayed one night, but the value for the area was good.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Coral Gables, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Cindy – Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. We look forward to providing you with another comfortable stay in the future.
Seon, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

All the staff was very helpful, clean rooms. Location is good situated, Extended parking possibilities.
Short term booking by phone was a little complicated, however, once done, confirmation followed within a few minutes.
All in all a good experience.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Coral Gables, responded to this review, April 17, 2014

Morgantown
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

The most disgusting hotel I've seen in years. Planned to spend four nights. Barely made it to the room before realizing we could not stay there. Dirty linen with hair all over the beds. Foul odor. Unbearable. Bathroom and kitchen dirty. Feet stick to the floor. Space precludes me from enumerating all the significant deficiencies of this hotel. Spent one night because it was late when we got there and they wouldn't refund the first night. They did however refund the remaining three nights when we checked out the next morning. Stay away. Stay very far away.

• Stayed March 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Coral Gables, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that the cleanliness of your room did not meet your expectations. I will be meeting with our housekeeping staff to review our cleaning standards and procedures so that these issues do not continue in the future.

I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Please feel free to contact me directly, at mcg@extendedstay.com, with further comments or concerns. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

First and foremost all the staff I encountered were nothing but helpful, friendly, courteous and just all around lovely. Michael, Juan, Chris and Yessina all went out of their way several times without being intrusive. A big thank you to them if they see this. I would go so far as to say they made the stay feel as though we were at home.

The rooms are quietly sophisticated, basic, but modern. The decoration in the pictures I've seen isn't the same as I've experienced at all - they must have renovated since they were taken.

The kitchen is stocked nicely with just what you would need in terms of dishes/pots/pans/cutlery. It is a full sized fridge and freezer which is very helpful for a long stay, which I had.

The heating/air conditioning had no problems.

The location is fantastic within a short stroll of Miracle Mile and a short walk to a large Walgreens, a decent sized Publix and a large Winn Dixie. Also, a Bed Bath and Beyond and Toys R Us.

Had no complaints on cleanliness, in fact was quite happy with it.

The parking lot is quite large especially considering the central location. I never had a problem finding a spot.

The laundry facilities are decent and clean. $2 each for a wash and a dry.

In a double room you are given 8 pillows total - 4 of which are of the harder variety and 4 of which are of the softer variety which was perfect for my husband and myself as he prefers harder pillows and I prefer soft!!!

Overall, very nice hotel and I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Coral Gables, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

Paid over $1371 for six nights. I booked weeks earlier than the day of arrival. A few days before the check-in, Cristy Ayaka "Team Leader" contact me saying that my credit card has been declined: I provided her another one unsuccessfully. Meantime , due to a problem occurred on my way, I let her know that I would be arrived a day late but she keeps saying that ALL my credit cards continue to be declined!
Day of arrival. As said, I checked-in a day late, but I was told by the reception that they couldn't do anything in order to my needs because of the Extended stay policy, and I had to pay the entire week, even thought they had been warned about the circumstances for which I was late. Ok. But, to allow me to stay in, they asked me the credit card, and they want me to pay before the check-in... My credit card obviously works and I pay the entire staying : I'd say the best way to say "you are welcome " to a customer who had been travelling 24 hours without sleep.
About the problem that they had had with the payment, they answer me that sometimes can happen!! This is just the begin: evidently they did think that I wouldn't have paid, so they reserved me the worst room ever I guess: old, with the forniture ruined, smelled, the view on the trash all day long! Take a look at the pictures.
A few words about the grab-and go breakfast: never had this pleasure, I suppose that for get some stuff from the shelf you have to be lucky.

Room Tip: absolutely too expensive for the service offered. Coral Gables is great.