“Treated like a thief! the worst experience ever! Trattato come un ladro! la peggior esperienza mai avuta” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Miami - Coral Gables

Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Coral Gables
Coral Gables, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

Paid over $1371 for six nights. I booked weeks earlier than the day of arrival. A few days before the check-in, Cristy Ayaka "Team Leader" contact me saying that my credit card has been declined: I provided her another one unsuccessfully. Meantime , due to a problem occurred on my way, I let her know that I would be arrived a day late but she keeps saying that ALL my credit cards continue to be declined!
Day of arrival. As said, I checked-in a day late, but I was told by the reception that they couldn't do anything in order to my needs because of the Extended stay policy, and I had to pay the entire week, even thought they had been warned about the circumstances for which I was late. Ok. But, to allow me to stay in, they asked me the credit card, and they want me to pay before the check-in... My credit card obviously works and I pay the entire staying : I'd say the best way to say "you are welcome " to a customer who had been travelling 24 hours without sleep.
About the problem that they had had with the payment, they answer me that sometimes can happen!! This is just the begin: evidently they did think that I wouldn't have paid, so they reserved me the worst room ever I guess: old, with the forniture ruined, smelled, the view on the trash all day long! Take a look at the pictures.
A few words about the grab-and go breakfast: never had this pleasure, I suppose that for get some stuff from the shelf you have to be lucky.

Room Tip: absolutely too expensive for the service offered. Coral Gables is great.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Jupiter, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

We stayed at this hotel this weekend because we had a wedding in the area. The room very nice and clean. I felt it had been recently remodeled. The gentleman thar checked us (Juan) was great and very helpful. I will recommend this hotel and will stay there again if need be.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Coral Gables, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear that we were able to provide you with a clean, comfortable stay. As well, I am glad that you found our staff, especially Juan, to be helpful during your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

If in Miami for more than 5 days,Miracle Mile area in Coral Gables offer a great variety of restaurants and shops @ walking distance from the hotel. Extended America Hotel is only for sleeping. Do not expect nothing else.

• Stayed December 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Coral Gables, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We appreciate you letting us know about your stay and are also pleased that you were able to enjoy Miracle Mile.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

Great location to restaurants, stores, public transportation. Hotel located in a safe area. Hotel has all the amenities one would need for a short or long stay. Wi-fi good but sometimes limited access

Room Tip: higher floors towards parking lot had great views of the skyline.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Coral Gables, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
It is always so rewarding to read that our guests had a great stay with us; thank you for your comments. We appreciate you letting us know that our staff was friendly and helpful, and that you felt safe at our hotel. We are also very pleased to hear that we provided you with a comfortable stay overall.

Our staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

We had a wonderful room, clean, large and with all the necessities that we would need/want. Also very reasonable price. The breakfast is not really a good option, so make sure to check out any of the multiple choices for food in the area instead. If you are on the move for more travelling, grab a few bars for snacks on the go.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Coral Gables, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I truly appreciate your comments regarding your room and our hotel's location. I am sorry that our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations; however, we will keep your comments in mind as we continue to make improvements to this offering in the future.

The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future as we are always here for you.
Chicago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Everything here was broken, loud, or rude! I came in from the rain to be checked in by someone who was clearly not very familiar with the computer system. From her uniform she looked like the overnight cleaning woman. She tried her best but it took a long time. I passed by several broken vending machines to get to my room.

While inserting the key I heard very loud noise coming from my room. I opened it to find an industrial fan on. It was on because the entire carpeted area had been soaked, I assume from the window being open. It smelled TERRIBLE. I went back downstairs and could not find the desk person so I just went to bed, as I came in 5 hours later than I expected to and was exhausted. I tried to call downstairs to see when checkout was, but the phone was NOT CONNECTED to the jack at all--no cord. Oh, well! The room was freezing, I assume to dry it out, but I had to turn on the heat in 90 degree weather to make it liveable.

I fell asleep and was awakened at 4 in the morning by intense pounding on my door. I didn't open it, of course. When I left the next morning, the woman at the desk told me I wasn't supposed to check out and was booked for another day, though I was not. She was nice, but when I told her the issues with the room she just nodded and thanked me for telling her. Um. Okay!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Coral Gables, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The situation you described regarding the check in process and the room's condition is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. To prevent this from happening again, my team is re-training our overnight agents to prevent another issue like the one you mentioned.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Please feel free to contact me directly, at MCG @extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Happy with everything except the linens that did not seem fresh but I didn't mention it to the front desk. I am sure that if I had told them about it theu would have done something about it. Otherwise I felt like at home.

• Stayed September 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Coral Gables, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am glad to read that you were pleased with how practical, comfortable, homey and reasonble priced the hotel was during your stay with us.

Thank you again for your kind words about feeling like home. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.

Been to Extended Stay America - Miami - Coral Gables? Share your experiences!