“Great!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 11 hotels in Coral Gables
Oslo, Norway
“Great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

We had a wonderful room, clean, large and with all the necessities that we would need/want. Also very reasonable price. The breakfast is not really a good option, so make sure to check out any of the multiple choices for food in the area instead. If you are on the move for more travelling, grab a few bars for snacks on the go.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Coral Gables, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I truly appreciate your comments regarding your room and our hotel's location. I am sorry that our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations; however, we will keep your comments in mind as we continue to make improvements to this offering in the future.

The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future as we are always here for you.

89 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Chicago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Everything here was broken, loud, or rude! I came in from the rain to be checked in by someone who was clearly not very familiar with the computer system. From her uniform she looked like the overnight cleaning woman. She tried her best but it took a long time. I passed by several broken vending machines to get to my room.

While inserting the key I heard very loud noise coming from my room. I opened it to find an industrial fan on. It was on because the entire carpeted area had been soaked, I assume from the window being open. It smelled TERRIBLE. I went back downstairs and could not find the desk person so I just went to bed, as I came in 5 hours later than I expected to and was exhausted. I tried to call downstairs to see when checkout was, but the phone was NOT CONNECTED to the jack at all--no cord. Oh, well! The room was freezing, I assume to dry it out, but I had to turn on the heat in 90 degree weather to make it liveable.

I fell asleep and was awakened at 4 in the morning by intense pounding on my door. I didn't open it, of course. When I left the next morning, the woman at the desk told me I wasn't supposed to check out and was booked for another day, though I was not. She was nice, but when I told her the issues with the room she just nodded and thanked me for telling her. Um. Okay!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Coral Gables, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The situation you described regarding the check in process and the room's condition is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. To prevent this from happening again, my team is re-training our overnight agents to prevent another issue like the one you mentioned.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Please feel free to contact me directly, at MCG @extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Happy with everything except the linens that did not seem fresh but I didn't mention it to the front desk. I am sure that if I had told them about it theu would have done something about it. Otherwise I felt like at home.

• Stayed September 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Coral Gables, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am glad to read that you were pleased with how practical, comfortable, homey and reasonble priced the hotel was during your stay with us.

Thank you again for your kind words about feeling like home. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Good location, but kind of old and expensive for what it has to offer. Other than that, it is fine. nothing to write home about. The location, on the other hand, is good so that you can reach miracle mile with a 5 mins walk.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Coral Gables, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our location and the easy access to Miracle Mile. Thank you again for posting your review. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.
Barranquilla
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Average. good location, but hotel need to improve. very close to a small mall, Sears, Miracle mile is 200 mts away .. very nice location to walk, a lot of restaurant very close to the hotel. You need to ask in the front desk about toilette paper, towels, to clean the room...

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Coral Gables, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that we did not meet your expectations. In response to your feedback, I am glad to let you know that we are updating our rooms in the near future which will allow us to offer our guests improved services and amenities in the future. Still, I ma glad that you liked our hotel's location.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at MCG@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
Ocala, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I really enjoyed this place. They had a stove, refrigerator, and microwave available in my room which was a blessing because I was there for 3 days, then back to Ocala for 3 days and then back to Coral Gables for 3 days....and my goods were left in the frig intact!

It was within walking distance to the Miracle Mile, where I shopped (till I dropped; LOL) and ate at the local Denny's as well as the Irish Pub.

It was all SO convenient for my needs!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Coral Gables, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Rhonda - Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the amenities in your room, including the refrigerator and microwave. I was also pleased to read your comments in reference to our location since it's walking distance of Miracle Mile, shops and restaurants in the area.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I has to stay in this location because my apartment was being fumigated for termites. The hotel was very accommodating and the pets dell like home. If you had to through the same situation I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Coral Gables, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Axel - Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our pet friendly hotel and that the hotel was was everything you were hoping for, overall.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us and for recommending our hotel. We would love to see you again in our hotel in Coral Gables.

Been to Extended Stay America - Miami - Coral Gables? Share your experiences!