“extended stay coral gables” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #6 of 11 hotels in Coral Gables
Miami, Florida
“extended stay coral gables”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Good location, but kind of old and expensive for what it has to offer. Other than that, it is fine. nothing to write home about. The location, on the other hand, is good so that you can reach miracle mile with a 5 mins walk.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Coral Gables, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our location and the easy access to Miracle Mile. Thank you again for posting your review. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.

88 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Barranquilla
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Average. good location, but hotel need to improve. very close to a small mall, Sears, Miracle mile is 200 mts away .. very nice location to walk, a lot of restaurant very close to the hotel. You need to ask in the front desk about toilette paper, towels, to clean the room...

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Coral Gables, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that we did not meet your expectations. In response to your feedback, I am glad to let you know that we are updating our rooms in the near future which will allow us to offer our guests improved services and amenities in the future. Still, I ma glad that you liked our hotel's location.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at MCG@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
Ocala, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I really enjoyed this place. They had a stove, refrigerator, and microwave available in my room which was a blessing because I was there for 3 days, then back to Ocala for 3 days and then back to Coral Gables for 3 days....and my goods were left in the frig intact!

It was within walking distance to the Miracle Mile, where I shopped (till I dropped; LOL) and ate at the local Denny's as well as the Irish Pub.

It was all SO convenient for my needs!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Coral Gables, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Rhonda - Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the amenities in your room, including the refrigerator and microwave. I was also pleased to read your comments in reference to our location since it's walking distance of Miracle Mile, shops and restaurants in the area.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I has to stay in this location because my apartment was being fumigated for termites. The hotel was very accommodating and the pets dell like home. If you had to through the same situation I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Coral Gables, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Axel - Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our pet friendly hotel and that the hotel was was everything you were hoping for, overall.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us and for recommending our hotel. We would love to see you again in our hotel in Coral Gables.
Orlando
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We were very suprised when we saw the outdated and depressing rooms.
Only stayed because we were too tired to keep driving.
Popcorn ceilings, grey brown paint and carpet ad well as no closet doors made this room really bad.
Ac was very loud.
Feels like a motel from the 60,s
Dont go of you dont have to.
Stay at Marriott instead, $50 more but night and day difference!

• Stayed June 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Coral Gables, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that our hotel did not meet your expectations. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that we continuesly improve our product and to ensure your experience is not repeated. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback.

Please feel free to contact me directly, at MCG @extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. I hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.
Nassau, New Providence, The Bahamas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Hey many thanks to Juan and Robert at the front Desk area of this location! Hope you get all that a shining star employee deserves! Please forgive me if I spelled your names wrong. Many warm thanks to you two. Many thanks on behalf of my family!

I was only on this trip because my 4year old had surgery at Miami Children's Hospital and went to I.C.U. which landed us staying in Miami for 3 weeks. As pressed for cash we need some place safe to stay for this duration and near by the hospital. You made this all possible.

Please note the reason why I gave this hotel a 9 rating out of 10, was because unless you are ordering anything from the restaurant, you can not request anything from there. Example; I found myself one day after being left there alone with my ill son, needing some salt to complete some cooking. So I went down to the front desk to ask where is the restaurant located so I can go and ask or even pay for a small bit of salt? Because I never had seen this area sense I came to the hotel. The young man reply was do you want to order something from the restaurant? I told the young man "no" I just needed some salt. His reply to me was "ahh... mam.. there are some restaurants further down the street maybe they can help you! I know you maybe saying I could have gone to the store and buy salt, but I didn't...because It was late and due to my 4 year old son just from the hospital having surgery a day before, I didn't want to take him out at that hour. So I just kindly walked away with no reply and went back to my room. We did with out the salt that night. "Suggestion;........Maybe some small packets of salt can be placed in the little complementary basket that are in the rooms already, seen that there is a kitchen area for cooking. And the hotel shuttle only take guest to Miami Children's hospital and pilots to the airport. {I think the shuttle services should be extended to near by shopping malls and transportation to Miami's airport.}

Other than that there are a bit of shopping places in the area like Ross, Marshalls, Sears, Winn-Dixie, Public's, Toys R us, Bed Bath & Beyond a bit pricey, but nice. And food joints like Kenny Rogers, Kentucky, MacDonald's, Hooters and Subway. After a few days upon walking around, the area seem pretty safe for families.
I will recommend this hotel to all I meet, but they will need a car. "Oh and I plan to stay here again in the near future!

Kay & Tahmal. J

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Coral Gables, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such great comments about your stay. I truly appreciate your feedback regarding the staff and our hotel's location. I am sorry that we did not have some items which you requested; however, we will look into providing some or all in the future.

Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

This hotel was *very* dirty. There was actually hair stuck up on the ceiling in our bathroom. There were NO bath products included. We had to walk to the nearby grocery store to purchase body soap, shampoo and other toiletries. They do not "include" housekeeping with your stay. If you desire to have your room cleaned you pay an additional fee. Also, you get 3 towels, if you need more you have to pay more. They will not be laundered without a fee (less than 5 days use). I signed up with the lobby attendant for the free shuttle to The University of Miami the night before. When we arrived downstairs the next morning we were told that we signed up for a non-existant shuttle! We called a cab. There was no gym, no pool, no other amenities. If you are traveling with a family and want to save money you may want to consider this. Just run to the grocery and get clorox wipes to clean it up. You could make it work. The location is fantastic. It seemed like some of the other guests may actually live here. My window (stayed on the bottom floor) was unlocked on arrival and we did not feel safe. We checked out after the first night with no penalty.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Coral Gables, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. Please accept my apologies for the lack of amenities and the level of cleanliness in your room. The housekeeping staff is giving more attention to these areas, working to improve our services overall. As well, I am sorry that you were told there was a shuttle running at our property when it was unavailable. Still, I am very happy that you found our location to be fantastic.

Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at mcg@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with an stay the next time you're in the area.

Been to Extended Stay America - Miami - Coral Gables? Share your experiences!