“Pet friendly” 4 of 5 stars

Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Coral Gables
“Pet friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I has to stay in this location because my apartment was being fumigated for termites. The hotel was very accommodating and the pets dell like home. If you had to through the same situation I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Coral Gables, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Axel - Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our pet friendly hotel and that the hotel was was everything you were hoping for, overall.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us and for recommending our hotel. We would love to see you again in our hotel in Coral Gables.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Orlando
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We were very suprised when we saw the outdated and depressing rooms.
Only stayed because we were too tired to keep driving.
Popcorn ceilings, grey brown paint and carpet ad well as no closet doors made this room really bad.
Ac was very loud.
Feels like a motel from the 60,s
Dont go of you dont have to.
Stay at Marriott instead, $50 more but night and day difference!

• Stayed June 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Coral Gables, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that our hotel did not meet your expectations. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that we continuesly improve our product and to ensure your experience is not repeated. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback.

Please feel free to contact me directly, at MCG @extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. I hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.
Nassau, New Providence, The Bahamas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Hey many thanks to Juan and Robert at the front Desk area of this location! Hope you get all that a shining star employee deserves! Please forgive me if I spelled your names wrong. Many warm thanks to you two. Many thanks on behalf of my family!

I was only on this trip because my 4year old had surgery at Miami Children's Hospital and went to I.C.U. which landed us staying in Miami for 3 weeks. As pressed for cash we need some place safe to stay for this duration and near by the hospital. You made this all possible.

Please note the reason why I gave this hotel a 9 rating out of 10, was because unless you are ordering anything from the restaurant, you can not request anything from there. Example; I found myself one day after being left there alone with my ill son, needing some salt to complete some cooking. So I went down to the front desk to ask where is the restaurant located so I can go and ask or even pay for a small bit of salt? Because I never had seen this area sense I came to the hotel. The young man reply was do you want to order something from the restaurant? I told the young man "no" I just needed some salt. His reply to me was "ahh... mam.. there are some restaurants further down the street maybe they can help you! I know you maybe saying I could have gone to the store and buy salt, but I didn't...because It was late and due to my 4 year old son just from the hospital having surgery a day before, I didn't want to take him out at that hour. So I just kindly walked away with no reply and went back to my room. We did with out the salt that night. "Suggestion;........Maybe some small packets of salt can be placed in the little complementary basket that are in the rooms already, seen that there is a kitchen area for cooking. And the hotel shuttle only take guest to Miami Children's hospital and pilots to the airport. {I think the shuttle services should be extended to near by shopping malls and transportation to Miami's airport.}

Other than that there are a bit of shopping places in the area like Ross, Marshalls, Sears, Winn-Dixie, Public's, Toys R us, Bed Bath & Beyond a bit pricey, but nice. And food joints like Kenny Rogers, Kentucky, MacDonald's, Hooters and Subway. After a few days upon walking around, the area seem pretty safe for families.
I will recommend this hotel to all I meet, but they will need a car. "Oh and I plan to stay here again in the near future!

Kay & Tahmal. J

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Coral Gables, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such great comments about your stay. I truly appreciate your feedback regarding the staff and our hotel's location. I am sorry that we did not have some items which you requested; however, we will look into providing some or all in the future.

Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

This hotel was *very* dirty. There was actually hair stuck up on the ceiling in our bathroom. There were NO bath products included. We had to walk to the nearby grocery store to purchase body soap, shampoo and other toiletries. They do not "include" housekeeping with your stay. If you desire to have your room cleaned you pay an additional fee. Also, you get 3 towels, if you need more you have to pay more. They will not be laundered without a fee (less than 5 days use). I signed up with the lobby attendant for the free shuttle to The University of Miami the night before. When we arrived downstairs the next morning we were told that we signed up for a non-existant shuttle! We called a cab. There was no gym, no pool, no other amenities. If you are traveling with a family and want to save money you may want to consider this. Just run to the grocery and get clorox wipes to clean it up. You could make it work. The location is fantastic. It seemed like some of the other guests may actually live here. My window (stayed on the bottom floor) was unlocked on arrival and we did not feel safe. We checked out after the first night with no penalty.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Coral Gables, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. Please accept my apologies for the lack of amenities and the level of cleanliness in your room. The housekeeping staff is giving more attention to these areas, working to improve our services overall. As well, I am sorry that you were told there was a shuttle running at our property when it was unavailable. Still, I am very happy that you found our location to be fantastic.

Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at mcg@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with an stay the next time you're in the area.
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

This hotel met our needs.The staff was friendly, check in and check out was swift. Bedding was clean, room was clean. Did not hear any other customers when in the room. Would have liked more nutritional options for breakfast. On site free parking in the back was a wonderful bonus.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Coral Gables, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Jennfier - Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I truly appreciate your comments regarding our friendly staff, the check in and check out process and the room condition. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Washington DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

As other reviewers have mentioned, the Coral Gables Extended Stay has a great location, just a block or two off of the Miracle Mile, and other amenities such as a Walgreen's, Winn-Dixie, and LA Fitness (pass included with your stay) are less than a mile away. There is plenty of parking in the lot, though it isn't free.

Unfortunately, the biggest problem is the cleanliness of the rooms. My room suffered from two big problems: the refrigerator doors were covered in what at first appeared to be spilled food - brown spots everywhere. The front desk sent someone later that day to clean it, but the spots returned within a few hours. After closer examination, I realized that it was actually rust spots all over the fridge door. Technically dirt - no. Very unsightly - yes.

The other problem was the copious long black hairs all over the carpet. It's as if someone combed their hair all over the room, and it was pretty clear that the room had been sparsely vacuumed, if at all, before my arrival.

Lastly, you are scheduled one cleaning for every week - only one. Despite scheduling it at the front desk for midway through my stay (two weeks total), room service never came as scheduled.

As other reviewers also mentioned, the breakfast bar includes very little - coffee, apples/bananas, and oatmeal packets. Not a huge deal given the fridge, stovetop, microwave, toaster, and coffee maker in your room, but still hardly an added value.

The included LA Fitness pass is nice; however, the LA Fitness nearby is almost always extremely busy.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the parking lot in the back will be quieter than the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. The housekeeping and the scheduled cleaning issued you described are unacceptable, I sincerely apologize for your experience. With your comments in hand, I have met with the staff, and we will review our housekeeping policies, ensuring that a situation like yours is not repeated.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Please feel free to contact me directly, at MCG @extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

As I said in title,this hotel makes me relax when I return tired.There are microwave oven and refrigerator. I can not expect more. And the price is totally affordable since we are students.The location is good ,too. We can find ATM ,market and store nearby. My friend and I are all satisfied with this one.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Eileen R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Coral Gables, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Miami - Coral Gables. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!

Been to Extended Stay America - Miami - Coral Gables? Share your experiences!