“Poor management” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 11 hotels in Coral Gables
Miami, Florida
“Poor management”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

The hotel location is ideal. Good Restaurants within walking distance. Very clean and pleasant. Great customer service from everyone. Was not impress however how manager Adriana treated fellow employee. Right in front of us they were disrespected. I would not return with such hostility. Otherwise good hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the road cars can heard going by with windows close. Windows not thick enough.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Eileen R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Coral Gables, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. We are committed to providing every guest with outstanding accommodations, so I was pleased to read your remarks about the services and the staff. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. For that I am truly sorry.

I am grateful for the opportunity to respond to your concern. I have spoken with my manager and reviewed the importance of being professional and polite with each and every guest including staff members, no matter how busy we may be. It is my sincere hope that apart from this unfortunate occurrence, the rest of your stay with us was satisfying.

95 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

This hotel actually turned out to be so much better that I expected! I wasn't expecting it to be awful or anything,The beds seemed new and were very comfortable. There are nice flat screen tv's in the rooms. They have free wifi and it's pretty fast!
They offer a free breakfast, which I always appreciate. The location is great, near everything.
Very polite and friendly people that work at this Extended Stay! The best of all past experiences. Hotel rooms and the general cleanliness, makes a comfortably stay. The customer service are really nice, Adriana, Robert, Christy and all of them are wonderful! Recommend this place to anyone! Definitely will return without a doubt!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Eileen R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Coral Gables, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. I'm pleased that you mentioned such items as our new beds, our new flat screen TVs and our complimentary WI FI. We also offer as you mentioned our new Grab and Go breakfast and our goal is to continue improving our services. I would also like to thank you for mentioning our services and specially our staff as they are the people that makes the difference. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way," and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Wow, Chris helped get to the Extended Stay after days of driving by offering me impeccable directions. He welcomed me graciously and found a room that was perfect for me - so quickly.
He worked diligently while several people were pushing their needs.

I found the room clean, quiet, and well suited to my needs.

I wish I had known about this place sooner.

Thanks.

Room Tip: Only suggestion, use Liquid Plumber for the sink and tub drain.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. I'm so glad that Chris helped you find your way to our hotel and took good care of you during the check in time. I was also pleased that you mentioned our clean rooms. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We were on a project at a church in Coral Gables and have stayed at this hotel two different times between October and December. The staff went out of their way to accommodate us and our multiple changes in the number and type of rooms that we needed throughout our stay. Adriana, the property manager, was outstanding as was her entire staff. Everyone we have dealt with at that hotel has been exceptionally friendly. The property had just undergone a makeover and was very clean and comfortable...and the location can not be beat. Being able to walk to all of the restaurants and shopping on Miracle Mile was a definite bonus. we are returning to finish the project in January and we are very much looking forward to being back at Extended Stay America.

Paul Mergenhagen
Owner
Real-Fake Buildings Inc.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so very much for your nice review of our property. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. I was so pleased to read that the staff went out of the way to take care of your rooms and that you found our renovation to your satisfaction. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest during your projects in Miami and in any of your travel needs in the US. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

My time at the Extended Stay America - Miami - Coral Gables - was excellent. The room was very clean. Room clean - bathroom supplied with enough towels and all the necessary bathroom supplies. Front desk service was super excellent. Upon checking in at the hotel, I received the room that I wanted with great view of Coral Gables Miracle Mile road. Room was always clean and fresh. Room is just like an apartment - includes kitchen, all the necessary cooking supplies, dishware, etc. My stay was excellent. Front Desk personnel ordered taxi for me whenever I needed it. Hotel right next to Miracle Mile - close to all the stores, cafes and restaraunt and the nightlife of Coral Gables. Within walking distance to Venetian Pool and Biltmore Hotel as well. Excellent stay, excellent service from reception and front desk services, and excellent overall.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Eileen R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Coral Gables, responded to this review, January 8, 2013

Please know that we are thrilled to have you stay with us and again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this location for about a month now and I am pleased with the service. The staff was well knowledgable about places to hang out. The rooms were average size, the bathroom was average, and the walls can speak. Every week in this hotel the management are constantly making changes according to the reviews I have read, so please be honest about your overall stay.

• Stayed December 2012
Eileen R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Coral Gables, responded to this review, December 19, 2012

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

Ive been staying here for months and everything has been great. The rooms have been clean. I have had no problems whatsoever. I work out of town for a living and I can say this staff is the best in the state. They have been so helpful and friendly every day. The two lovely ladies Adriana and Christy have helped me out with directions or anything I needed. Shaun A

• Stayed December 2012
It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay and our staff. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!. Knowing that our housekeeping department is keeping your room clean, that you are not having any problems in the hotel and that we have the best staff shows that we are committed to your satisfaction.

Been to Extended Stay America - Miami - Coral Gables? Share your experiences!