“Wonderful Time at Extended Stay America in Coral Gables, FL” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Coral Gables
Denver, Colorado
“Wonderful Time at Extended Stay America in Coral Gables, FL”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

My time at the Extended Stay America - Miami - Coral Gables - was excellent. The room was very clean. Room clean - bathroom supplied with enough towels and all the necessary bathroom supplies. Front desk service was super excellent. Upon checking in at the hotel, I received the room that I wanted with great view of Coral Gables Miracle Mile road. Room was always clean and fresh. Room is just like an apartment - includes kitchen, all the necessary cooking supplies, dishware, etc. My stay was excellent. Front Desk personnel ordered taxi for me whenever I needed it. Hotel right next to Miracle Mile - close to all the stores, cafes and restaraunt and the nightlife of Coral Gables. Within walking distance to Venetian Pool and Biltmore Hotel as well. Excellent stay, excellent service from reception and front desk services, and excellent overall.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Eileen R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Coral Gables, responded to this review, January 8, 2013

Please know that we are thrilled to have you stay with us and again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this location for about a month now and I am pleased with the service. The staff was well knowledgable about places to hang out. The rooms were average size, the bathroom was average, and the walls can speak. Every week in this hotel the management are constantly making changes according to the reviews I have read, so please be honest about your overall stay.

• Stayed December 2012
Eileen R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Coral Gables, responded to this review, December 19, 2012

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

Ive been staying here for months and everything has been great. The rooms have been clean. I have had no problems whatsoever. I work out of town for a living and I can say this staff is the best in the state. They have been so helpful and friendly every day. The two lovely ladies Adriana and Christy have helped me out with directions or anything I needed. Shaun A

• Stayed December 2012
It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay and our staff. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!. Knowing that our housekeeping department is keeping your room clean, that you are not having any problems in the hotel and that we have the best staff shows that we are committed to your satisfaction.

Madrid, Spain
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

It is the worse hotel I've ever been!!. Say that is dirty is say little... in general, all the hotel is dirty, you notice just entering...But the rooms are even worse than you could think... We were 6 friends (3 double rooms) and the 3 of them were dirty, but our wins hands down..!! when I open the bed I noticed that bed sheets were full or hairs... When I call reception to tell then, They say that at that time ( 2 am) there wasn't housekeeping service any more... the solutions was to change the bed sheets myself!!!!!, after some discussion I finally agreed as I was tired ( after 10 hours flight!) and I wanted to go sleep as soon as possible, BUT when I removed the rest of sheets what else did I find in the mittle of the bed?? A CONDOM/PRESERVATIVE!!!!!!!!! it was really disgusting!!! It is clear that they didn't change the bed sheet!!!!!!!! instead the bed was made...
And the reaction and atention of the staff was also very bad... the manager took her time to contact us and give us a compensation of this terrible experience.... DON'T STAY!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
recently received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to respond. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

I do appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns about the bed in your suite. First, please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent a situation like yours from occurring. Specifically, standard operating policy is that linens are always replaced with fresh, clean new bedding before a guest checks in. In addition, all rooms are inspected prior to being made available to the public. That having been said, I recognize the issue you have brought to my attention and discussed it with hotel staff and the Hotel Manager.

It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I understand that you were refunded for all your room charges by the Hotel Manager I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future.
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I stayed at this ESA property for about three weeks in October while I was house hunting. I was on the seventh (and top floor). Room was nice sized, with no surprises in the room furnishings.

PROS:
Convenient location. Half block to Miracle Mile shops/restaurants (including Ross) in one direction; a few blocks in the other direction to a large mall with Marshall's, Nordstrom Rack, etc., and Hooters (for the men), Winn Dixie. Sears and Avis/Budget Rental Car right across the street. Guests therefore were a mix of business travelers for extended stays or foreign tourists on shopping sprees.
Helpful Staff. Since I made my reservation back in the spring before they started to charge for parking, Adriana honored the terms of my existing reservation and did not charge me for parking. (Free parking was one of the main reasons I booked here.) When I had to extend my stay for a few more days, Cyndia was able to secure my room and even apply a small discretionary discount to the now-higher rate.

CONS:
Noisy. Even though I was on the top floor, it often sounded like people were running around overhead. Also, walls are on the thin side, so you can hear the screaming infants at all hours of the day/night. The doors are the type that slam shut automatically, adding to the noise. In addition, there is a huge building being constructed behind the parking lot, and the work crews started around 7 am or so, including Saturdays, so no chance of sleeping in.
Pay parking. As I mentioned, they charge 5 dollars a day to park (though they honored my long-established reservation). This can add up if you are staying for a long time.

Conclusion: If I need to stay in Coral Gables for an extended period, still would consider them again.

Room Tip: If they are still working on the building in back, perhaps ask for a room facing 22nd St, though the...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Eileen R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Coral Gables, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment and comments like convenient location, shopping area and friendly staff are very rewarding. I was also very pleased to see that Adriana honored your reservation and you were not charged for the parking fee.

We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Prague, Czech Republic
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

There is fully equipped kitchen in the room, everything's immaculate and have a new feeling. There is free WiFi access. They charge extra for parking though, but for the given location, you are lucky to get a spot.

There are good restaurants in walking distance, South Beach is a 30 in drive, that is not far either.

• Stayed October 2012
It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. As you know, our unique suites are designed with you in mind. Offering amenities like a full refrigerator, stovetop, free in-room Wi-Fi, personalized voicemail, on-premise laundry, closed to Miracle Mile and location to Miami Beach in exceptionally priced rooms has led us to be the premier extended stay option in the industry. And with guests like you, we will continue to thrive.

Coral Gables, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

its a great place to stay but it good be NICE to have some HD channels and more channels! my fridge right now doesn't work good!! barely keeps my food cold.... when some one on the other floor or next to my room is cooking something i get all the smore in my room and i hate it!!!and last week on the room i stayed in the bathroom smelled like dry pee before i used it!!! and this week i guess they didnt change the sheets because it smelled like someone can here on their honeymoon over the weekend and i got their room the next day.....hopefully this can be solve cuz i will be working in miami for the next 6 months and im considering getiing a new place to stay......sinceraly room#?

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. Given our company's commitment to superior guest service, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. You certainly have my sincerest apologies.

We know that our guests have many lodging options, which is why it is so important to us that we provide clean, comfortable rooms at an affordable price. The description you presented of your accommodation like the HD Channels, the fridge, the bathroom and other items are not representative of our quality standards and as such is clearly not acceptable. In order to meet our standards going forward, I will work with my staff to ensure that you and our future guests do not experience this type of incident.

Been to Extended Stay America - Miami - Coral Gables? Share your experiences!