“My Stay at Extended Stay in Coral Gables” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Coral Gables
Miami, Florida
“My Stay at Extended Stay in Coral Gables”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

What impressed me the most about this hotel was one of its employees, a lady named Ana. She worked the front desk's night shift and, from what I could tell while observing all of her responsibilities, she seems to be 5 employees rolled up into one. That lady's kind, helpful and friendly demeanor truly made me feel at home. It was comforting to know that she was there, and that I could count on her. The room was clean, the carpet seemed to be new, and the bed was comfortably firm. As to some other not so positive aspects of the hotel, I must say that the television is terrible. There is no guide, and no channel directory. Also, the air conditioner is not central. It is very noisy, works nonstop and very inefficiently. Inside the a/c's grill there was a small bag of scented beads. The smell was awful and took over the whole rooml!!! I caught a bad cold while staying there, and believe that it was brought on by the a/c, as well as an allergic reaction to those scented beeds in the a/c and the strong/irritating odor it emmited. After I was able to remove it, the room felt much better. There is no security in or on the hotel's grounds. At least, one evening I saw Ana walking around and looking everywhere, as if checking if everything was safe. Another point that I found to be negative was the attitude of the front desk manager, Adriana. When speaking with her, I found her to be rude and very arrogant. She is certainly NOT Manager material.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Eileen R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Coral Gables, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to respond. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about Ana. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the television, the air condition noise and the scented bags in your room as they were not satisfactory.

It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided in reference to Adriana, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

If you want an affordable stay in expensive Coral Gables, in a very good room & the best location, then this is hotel is a perfect match. Off course you need to know some of its rules beforehand & if you are ok with them, then you'll not be disappointed with your stay. The rules are: No housekeeping service except after 7 days, if you want to change your towels then you need to do it yourself in the reception, no restaurant or room service.
The hotel is right on the lovely miracle mile which is where you can find everything you need in Coral Gables: stores, supermarkets, bars, restaurants...etc. Having said that, this hotel is a studio rooms style which are perfect for long stays. The room consists of a kitchen, bathroom, sleeping area & closets. The room & the furniture were perfectly clean. The room had all what you need for a long stay: microwave, large fridge, utensils, desks, desk lamps, iron & iron board and cable TV (few channels).
Overall, I would definetly recommend this hotel for anyone seeking a long stay in Coral Gables.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Eileen R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Coral Gables, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition. I'm so glad that you enjoyed our location near the beautiful Miracle Mile which is, as you mentioned, within walking distance of many restaurants and shops.

Once again, our entire team would like to thank you for your very kind words. We would love to see you here again the next time you are in the Miami area. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future travel needs to Miami Coral Gables or any other of our other locations.
Frederick, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

After a mix up with our hotel in South Beach, we resorted to this Extended stay in coral gables. While the neighborhood was not as lively as south beach, the guy at the front desk pointed us to a cool bar area that was accessible by car but not within walking distance. We enjoyed our stay, nothing special.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Coral Gables, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We are sorry that there was a mix-up with your other hotel in South Beach but are happy that you decided to stay at our hotel instead. Our location lends itself to easy accessibility to bars and restaurants; I am so glad that we were able to provide you with some places to enjoy nightly entertainment.

It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future. We look forward to accommodating you once more.
Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

my staying at that hotel was wonderful thanks to the reception attendants. They were super helpful and kind to us: Manager Adriana, Cindya, Iovana and all of them, they were helping us all the time. I have been travelling all over the world and I have to tell that this experience in Coral Gables was one of the best. The hotel is not a 4 star, of course, but it has all You need and more, because of all the attention that You get there. I will certainly be back to Extended Stay - Coral Cables.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Coral Gables, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Thank you for sharing your great experience at our hotel. Your comments about our team members will be shared with each of them and we will be sure to thank them for providing our guests with such great service.

We hope to see you again the next time you are in the area!
Danvers, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

The first tip was when they told me at check-in that there would be no housekeeping. The next was when I saw the furniture. Two pieces had obviously been damaged, with attempts made at repair. A long slice of the veneer had been cut from each table top. But instead of replacing it, the particle board underneath had just been stained. As if we wouldn't notice. Add to that the damaged kitchen counter, the toilet which was not attached to the floor, the klieg lights shining in the window all night and the difficulty getting an answer on the phone, and it was less than I hoped for. A couple of nights before, I'd stayed in a sister property in Charleston, so I don't fault the brand. That place was great. The impression I had of this motel was that it is under-staffed and trying to do things on a slim budget. The folks were nice enough; just harried or unavailable. On the plus side, the beds were OK, the rooms big enough and the parking free. The location is good: not so much for walking around in the immediate vicinity, but Miracle Mile is just a few blocks away. And it's pretty easy to get there from the airport or U Miami.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write some candid comments regarding your recent stay with us at our hotel. By writing reviews like yours, it lets us know what we are doing right and more importantly, what areas we can improve on to make our guests stay an enjoyable one.

We would like to apologize regarding the maintenance problems that you noticed during your stay. I can assure you that the items you found are not satisfactory or normal occurrences and will be addressed immediately with our maintenance department. We are glad to hear the beds were comfortable and the room size was sufficient.

If you would like to discuss your stay in more detail with us, please contact us directly or visit our webpage and click on the contact us link at the bottom of the page. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again the next time you are in the area!
Kendall, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

thanks from the desk of edward e. cambas, a lic. real estate broker.I stayed in this hotel for a few days with my family earlier this month and loved the place! The staff member at the front desk was extrenely welcoming, and even offered to show us the room and property, thought it was a very nice touch and felt right at home. The location was great as well, just a couple of blocks from...all the action. let me know if you want a direct referral.

Room Tip: just ask for help at the front desk.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Coral Gables, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review about your stay with us here at our hotel. I am delighted to hear that we are reaching our goals to provide a welcoming hotel and a "home away from home" setting for our guests.

We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the area!
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for a few days with my family earlier this month and loved the place! The staff member at the front desk was extrenely welcoming, and even offered to show us the room and property, thought it was a very nice touch and felt right at home. The location was great as well, just a couple of blocks from great restaurants and shopping. The room was large and soo comfortable...I would definitely stay here again!!

Room Tip: My room was a standard room I was told, and VER comfortable.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Coral Gables, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Thank you for your recent positive comments regarding your recent stay with us. I am glad that the front desk team made you feel welcome and comfortable. We look forward to your next visit to the area!

Been to Extended Stay America - Miami - Coral Gables? Share your experiences!