“Apartment-Like” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Coral Gables
Golden Valley, Minnesota
“Apartment-Like”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

Flew into Miami early evening and needed a place to stay for just 1 night, before driving down the Keys the next morning. Checking in took a bit longer than it should have, but that was the only glitch. The rooms were way bigger than I expected! Full kitchens with appliances and utensils also. Very clean. Convenient store, liquor store and restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are quieter. Booked on Hotwire and got an insanely cheap deal!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Coral Gables, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
We thank you very much for having taken the time to post a response for our hotel. Our location is a great spot for various types of guest, and is great for our guest to get walking distance variety of services. . Again thank you very much for the review and we hope that you will join us again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

Stayed here for a wedding in Miami. It was comfortable enough - no real amenities, but didn't expect any. It's perfect for a place to sleep, and that's it. Staff were decent enough - Average

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
We thank you very much for having taken the time to post a response for our hotel. We hope to see you back with us again.
Detroit, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

Hotel management staff taff was pleasant (contrary to reviews I've read) and helpfull. Cleaning staff were polite and pleasant. Rooms were clean and the A/C worked flawlessly. Other than the lack of close by breakfast, the stay was pleasant. The lack of full daily service is a bit of a bother, but that is what "extended stay" means I guess.

Room Tip: Rooms are all about the same.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Jessica O, Manager at Extended Stay America - Miami - Coral Gables, responded to this review, May 24, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our property. I appreciate your positive comments about our staff and I will certainly pass your comments along to the team.
We thank you very much for your business and welcome you back to stay with us again soon.
Blairstown, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

Where do I even begin with this complaint? First of all, I received 2 "Be Our Guest" coupons from Extended Stay because of another past, BAD experience I had. This week I was traveling to Miami, I stayed here and I booked this room in January. When I booked the room I called to make sure I could use both of these coupons. I was told "without a problem, sir." Come to find out the day before I leave, you guys had my reservation dates wrong AND I was told I couldn't use my coupons as it's decided by the manager of when they will accept them. I tried to file a complaint with their "guest services" department and the man actually told me that "he did not have to deal with this with me and was going to hang up on me." Talk about the most nasty way to deal with a customer. I will NEVER use another Extended Stay and I am definitely going to make sure every person I know never wastes their time with this company.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Tampa Bay, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights for work in a Queen room. The room was very large, ample room to store my suitcase and still maneuver the room. Plenty of desk top space to do my work. The Bathroom was large. While I did not use the kitchenette, it looked like it had the basics that were necessary to cook if you wanted to.

No cleaning service daily but that is to be expected at Extended Stay locations. They offered my any new supplies that I needed.

Bed was a little old school compared to other hotels. It was clean and comfortable but no bells and whistles (no pillowtops).

The AC unit worked well and was easy to set with the digital control.

Only real complaint was that I had a room on the 3rd floor facing the road and the windows offered little support in keeping the road traffic noise out. It was not that big of an issue as I was able to sleep thru it.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the road have great views but the noise from the road could be a little loud depending...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Harrogate, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

after an 18 hour journey from the UK it was nice to arrive and just flop into a lovely big bed.

Check in was simple. The staff were very friendly. The room was big and well appointed. maybe a bit dated, but clean.

the bath was quite small but had a shower over it.

The area is quiet and always felt safe. Plenty to eat and drink in the area and a good few shops around, although alot of them are bridal shops.

all in all a nice way to recover jet lag before moving on.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Frankfurt, Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

I stayed at ESA Coral Gables 5 nights in November. I had never before stayed at an ESA Hotel. I chose the hotel mainly because it is centrally located in Coral Gables. Rooms are spacious and clean. Equipment is somewhat old but that did not bother me. Staff was very friendly and helpful. However, I never thought that I had booked an hotel that didn´t include the daily room cleaning. After asking at the fornt desk I was told this is "standard policy" at ESA. I asked for room claening for an additional fee. But by mistake this wasn´t done either. At 100$/night I would expect some service. On the 4 th night our room was stinky.
Sorry, not for me.

Room Tip: No cleaning included in room rates !!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Extended Stay America - Miami - Coral Gables? Share your experiences!