“No Bed Bugs” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Coral Gables
New York City, New York
“No Bed Bugs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

I was hesitant to stay at this ESA after reading the below review, so I toured the hotel before booking my stay. The room I saw and the room I ended up staying in had absolutely no bed bugs.
I spoke to a staff member about the issue and he told me that there had been a guest who got a rash and blamed it on the hotel having bed bugs.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2011

I thought I had a reaction from one of the dogs at work but it ended up being bed bugs all the time. I was reading a book and they started crawling in my bed. I had bites everywhere in my body. I was traumatized. They changed me rooms in the same floor, guess what? More bugs.. they took me to the hospital to get checked, washed all my clothes and then changed me to another ESA hotel location. Both hotel were the same, DIRTY, Filthy rooms!! They do not clean. DO not STAY HERE EVER!!!!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Seattle
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2010

Location good, price right, but oh my goodness the entire building smells like smoke. They claim to have non smoking rooms, but both rooms we were in I almost suffocated.
I'm sick now just staying here overnight. The lobby, elevator, hallways, and room- carpet, walls, sheets, bedding, everything smell like smoke. For someone who is pregnant this is totally unacceptable. Non smoking means non smoking. Would not recommend this hotel for anyone except, well, smokers.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2010

The staff was very friendly and helpful. Our room was neat and clean and housekeeping was excellent. We were very pleased with the location. The hotel was walking distance, say 15 minutes to everything, shopping, restraurants and church. We had no need for a car.

Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Tallahassee, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2010

The staff was very friendly, however, they should have at least 2 people working in the front desk. It gets crowded at times and it seems to be too much for one person to handle room calls, regular phone calls, and on-site guests. The room was good but it was a little dirty. We found a couple of napkins on the floor...The location is great, it is located on the Miracle Mile. Internet is not free. It costs about $5. There is a delicious Cuban restaurant next door, you gotta try it! Overall good hotel for those people traveling on a budget.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2010

We were looking for a place with a reasonable rate yet still close to the Coconut Grove Arts Festival (normally held during Presidents Day weekend), and found it at this hotel. It's on the edge of Coral Gables (in fact just a block away from the upscale shopping & restaurant mecca known as the "Miracle Mile"), though actually within Miami city limits. Several major bus lines run in front of or a block from the hotel, and just a few more blocks away is a free trolley which runs along Ponce De Leon (north-south within Coral Gables). We were able to hop on for an 8-minute ride to the Metro Station, where continuous Festival Shuttles awaited. So it was a fraction of the cost of lodging in the area that weekend compared to even the normally mid-priced hotels in Coconut Grove! It was quite an impressive arts festival (a sample of photos are included), which also had smaller and less costly adjacent booth areas (one which was on church grounds and was well worth a buck!). The rooms were adequate in size for our needs, with a full kitchen (though no over or icemaker). The in-hotel laundromat contained new and ample equipment, and the front desk was attentive and courteous. We understood that it exists mainly as a business destination, but found it to be just right for us on that special weekend...and we could party in bustling Coconut Grove and still get a good night's rest.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Orlando
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2010

We really like this hotel and would stay here again. We were traveling on a budget and landed a corner room on top floor with great views. Room has a comfy bed and it was clean, TV's are small for this day and age, but had 2 showtime channels. Loved that we had a kitchenette and were able to open the windows and catch the cross breeze. Wi-Fi was $5 for entire stay. Only thing: no hairdryer. For what we paid we were thrilled to have such a great pad.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Extended Stay America - Miami - Coral Gables? Share your experiences!