“rude receptionnist” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Coral Gables
Paris, France
“rude receptionnist”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

We Booked a room at this hotel online. This very very Rude receptionist gave it to somebody else. So, We asked if we could use wi fi to book a room somewhere else and he refused. Things happen for a good reason. Finally, We found a much more friendly receptionist in a downtown hotel.. First time I write a review on an hotel because I strongly not recommend this one.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Coral Gables, Florida, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

My husband and I live in Coral Gables. We stayed for two nights while our home was being tented for termites. The place seemed well situated, economic and no fuss. Yeah right. The noise from the MetroRail transit system can be heard every time a train goes by. We had a no blankets, one towel and a discusting bathroom. The ceiling in the bathroom had droplets of moisture dripping down on you every time you ventured in. The beds had old bedspreads and one thin top sheet. People hang out in the rear parking lot ally to smoke. I could not wait to leave. The continental breakfast was a stale something and a cup of coffee in a styrafoam cup. I guess you get what you pay for. Never again, sorry.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Brazil
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

When my husband and I decided to go back to Miami, we decided we wanted to stay in Coral Gables area. But most hotels there are really expensive. Then, we found this hotel with a much better price. It´s a simple and old hotel, but clean, with nice staff and good free breakfast. I would come back. Staying in Coral Gables in afordable hotel was really nice.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Scott AFB, IL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I would have been better off sleeping in my car. The place was musty smelling upon arrival. Sprayed some Febreeze and it was tolerable. Shower was a nightmare. Had to kill a cockroach. After housekeeping "cleaned" the room, it was still in the tub! The place was ridiculously loud. Doors didn't shut and lock well. The location was the only good thing about this place. There was no pool a breakfast.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Tortola
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I would come back. Nice decor. Nice people. Willing to help. Best price. Great convenient location. Near everything. Came for a course exam. Enterprise car rental came and picked me up. Whole foods and public have decent take out food. CVS is within walking distance.

Room Tip: Ask for a fridge and microwave and second floor.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Boulder, CO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I came here to visit my son, a student at the U of Miami. It is very convenient to the University, and provides a basic clean and large room with continental breakfast for a relatively inexpensive price. I didn't go expecting much because most of the time I was not going to be in the hotel, I was going to be outside, so I just looked for the cheapest place to stay. The staff was very helpful, and if you are looking for OK accomodations for an inexpensive price, this place should do just fine.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back, since the front rooms are closer to the highway and you can hear the car...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Don't stay. Sleep in your car! The curtains were okay, but I was afraid to touch them. The people in the parking lot scared me. We were only given one wash rag and one hand towel. We both would have enjoyed our own.

• Stayed March 2013

Been to Gables Inn? Share your experiences!