“Can't expect much” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Coral Gables
Minnesota
“Can't expect much”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

We booked this place because it was close to where my family was staying. I don't think you can find cheaper in the area. It seems to be in a pretty safe location, a little run down. The room was pretty clean, I did find some hair on the comforter, and I don't think it was cleaned to the standards of a high quality hotel. But for $100 a night in this area you can't expect much. The bed was rather uncomfortable as well. If you are looking at this place for a place to sleep for a short period of time I would recommend it. Anything other than that I would pay the extra $ to be more comfortable. The one real positive thing was the staff, they were very helpful and nice.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank GlobeTrotter11112

Zagreb, Croatia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We took this motel because of the price and location but it is really terrible. It is very loud, located on main street. There is no lobby and when you exit your room you are directly at the street. It is very humid inside for some reason so all of my clothes stunk!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jasna M

Travelers are raving about these Coral Gables hotels

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for about 8 days in June 2012, for my third stay in 2.5 years. As was true during my previous stays as well, I found this hotel to be very reasonably priced, and I found the hotel to be very safe, clean, cozy, quiet. and comfortable. And, I find the rooms to be quite spacious and airy, compared to other Florida hotels in this (inexpensive) price range.

The only problem that I will note that I have encountered on each stay here is that the WiFi coverage of the free WiFi system is quite spotty, and it seems that there are a number of rooms at the hotel where the WiFi signal is not strong enough to be usable. However, each time that I have encountered this problem, the hotel staffers have immediately offered to relocate me to a room with known solid and strong WiFi service. What the hotel staffers have repeatedly told me across the years regarding this problem with the WiFi is that several of their WiFi nodes/boxes are located on outside walls of the hotel, and that the damp salt air tends to quickly invaded the devices and cause corrosion, rendering them inoperable. This then results in weak WiFi signals in certain rooms in the hotel.

If and when I need to return to Coral Gables for my consulting work, I will not hesitate to stay in this hotel again!

Room Tip: If you need WiFi in your room, be sure to ask the front desk staff to put you in a room with good/pr...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

We chose this as the nearest Place to the University as I had some business there before going of to The Keys for a few days of fun. Looked ok from the website photos, and ok from the outside. The place is a real through-back to the 50's and not in a good way. The rooms are spacious and the furniture furniture is dated, as is the decor overall. It is not the cleanest of places, and the toilet backed up when we were there, so had to move to another room, which was no better. The worst is the traffic noise from the South Dixie Highway. One of the wondows in the room is louvered and so all noise came through and maybe you are better of with a room at the back, but I found it intolerable. as you are right next to the busy highway. The breakfast is really nothing much to write home about, and you have to collect it from reception (bagels & coffee was all we got one morning), and you either take it to your room or attempt to eat it in their outside area, were you have to shout to be heard over the Highway noise. Will not stay there again

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank 2nightowl432
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

my wife and I enjoyed staying at the gable inn because of the excellent location
clean and peacefull , staff was nice ,the breakfast was good

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank maan s
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

This place looks great from the outside and is in a fantastic location. We did not have a reservation, we were walk ins. At $79/night + tax for two people, it is overpriced. When we first got to the room it seemed okay, large room with TV and itty bitty fridge. Sink was separate from toilet and shower, AC worked well. So we plopped ourselves on the bed and relaxed for a while. About half an hour later I decided to take a shower. In the bathtub there were about 10 dead ants with wings. It looked like maybe the tub had been sprayed with pesticide resulting in the carnage I found. At first I thought not a big deal, at least they spray for bugs. But then I found a few live ones crawling around the bathroom including one on my foot as I was getting ready to shower, and upon closer inspection more dead ones on the floor and even on the towels. The hotel has a policy of no refunds after 15 minutes so that combined with the fact we were exhausted led us to suck it up and just stay there. The bed was hard, even my husband thought so, and the pillows (three) were super flat. I had to double mine up to make it comfortable. Comforter was satiny soft on top, but itchy and scratchy underneath, and the sheets, while they basically looked clean, felt grainy and dirty. Yes, there is a lot of traffic and train noise, but it didn't bother us. We were disappointed especially with what we paid for the room, and would not recommend this place or stay there again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank tennisballfish
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

I wish i didn't have to choose how many circles. It should be none. I saw the picture on the internet looked clean and nice. We were so disappointed the air conditioning was a wall unit we had reservations NO turned on the air it was 95 to 100 degrees in the room. when we arrived at 10:00pm with our 3 children 11, 4, 10 months. the room didn't cool down until 1:30am. Next morning all the clothes in the suitcase were damp because of the humidity in the room. My husband tried to take a shower NO water pressure at all tub was filthy. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Spend the extra money to stay somewhere else we checkd out the very next day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
#5 of 11 in Coral Gables
4.0 of 5 stars 203 reviews
Coral Way
Four Points by Sheraton Coral Gables

Been to Gables Inn? Share your experiences!