“Very relaxing stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 11 hotels in Coral Gables
Vancouver, BC
“Very relaxing stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2010

I stayed here for almost a week and its a good location if you are driving all over the Miami area, like I was. Very comfortable Westin rooms as usual (the bed, the heavenly bed!... it's why I often choose Westin). We were running a conference here and some meetings and the staff were extremely helpful and capable. They made it so much easier. Desk staff were a bit slow (I had to repeat some requests many times), but all in all a very nice place to stay if you're in Miami.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business

487 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2010

This hotel was great! We got the most "standard" room, but it was still great! Our "balcony" doors lead to the pool - that was very cool. The entry was marble, but the rest was carpet. It was very nice. The pool was great - it was on the "middle" of the hotel, with a great view of Miami. It was a very elegant hotel!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
WestinCoralGables, Manager at The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables, responded to this review, April 27, 2010
Thanks so much for your comments regarding your stay here at the Westin Coral Gables I am glad to hear you experienced Renewal Be Well and looking forward to your next stay.
St. Louis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2010

Thank goodness I read the reviews first! It pretty much level set my expectations. I traveled to Miami from March 19 - 22 and I used Priceline to get this room. I am a single woman that traveled to Miami for fun in the sun, shopping, and relaxation.

Here are the pros and cons.

The Pros
Very, very close to Miami International. I didn't even have to hop on the freeway to get to the airport.
The staff was nice. I was pleased with the service that I received from the moment I arrived. The bell hops and front-desk service are very nice. The housekeepers did a wonderful job of complying to my request.

The Cons
The pool is very small.
While the hotel was close to the airport...It was kinda far from Miami Beach. I didn't do the appropriate amount of research 'cause I would have paid more to stay within walking distance to the hotels.
The hotel is located in the business district. It was busy during the day, but a total ghostland at night.
I was surprised by the amount of wear in the room. Specifically the velvet chairs. Upon initial inspection, I thought that the chairs were covered in a layer of dust. I immediately asked for another room. The next room also had worn chairs. Kinda gave me the heebie jeebies.

I don't think that I would stay here again. It is a perfectly fine if you have business in the Coral Gables area, but if you are looking for a hot spot...This is NOT the place/

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
Staffordshire UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2010

After reading many reviews about this hotel i have to say i was a little concerned. On arrival we were treated very well and professionally. Our cases were in the room before we got there! We were concerened after arriving in Miami at 8:00a.m in the morning that we may have to wait untill 15:00 to get into the room this wasnt the case (British hotels would not let you check into a room at 08:00 unless you had paid the night before fee) We can get you into a room straight away was the response, wow very accomidating. We had 2 very comfortable nights in the hotel with polite staff throughout. On checking out we were due to be collected at 14:30 and were due to leave the room at 12:00 i asked at reception if we could leave the cases somewhere for a few hour, the hotel manager who i didnt catch his name was at the desk at the time who said would it be more comfortable if you were to stay in your room untill 14:30 at no extra cost? Wow again of course THANK YOU! We stay in many hotels in the UK and pay considerably more that at this hotel and there is NO flexibility like at this SUPERB hotel. THANKS AGAIN

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2010

What a great trip. Took my mother and three kids down for three days for a quick getaway. We were treated so well. Everything from the registration desk telling us where to find the best gelato, to the Manager sharing the history of the hotel with us out by the pool. When we returned to our room, we were given handwritten cards thanking us for our time. Then given tickets for breakfast. (Fabulous buffet). After spending a long day at the zoo, my children found warm cookies and milk waiting for them in the room. My mother and I were given plates of cheeses, crackers and fresh fruit. I needed some wine to go with it, and found the GM in the bar. He was just as gracious as his entire staff. What a treat to meet these people. Westin should be very proud of the great staff they've assembled! Thank you.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Calgary, AB
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2010

We stayed at this hotel before and after our cruise for one night each time.

- Friendly and helpful staff
- Quick check-in
- Went out of their way to check us into a room at 10:30 am!
- Good breakfast buffet. $16 included hot and cold breakfast. Made to order waffles.
- Large rooms
- Older hotel, but very clean and spacious.
- Nice, but small pool area on the roof. Open 24 hours!
- Exceptional bell desk / concierge staff.
- One block from Miracle Mile. Tons of shopping, stores, coffee shops and restaurants of all shapes and prices.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2010

Had two fantastic days in Coral Gables. Really recomend the area! And the rooms were truly awesome... but, there is a but. We changed rooms two times in one day. I had travelled from Norway, pretty far away, and felt pretty dirty and ready for a niiice loooong shower. Only problem: no water to shower in! The poor guy in the reception did is best, but after a lot of harassing, we got a new room with a little bit of water running. Didn't like the smell in the room, and got another one the next day. We did however not pay the cash sum for the first night after a little bit of talking to the receptionist (dollars and points). A little bit better and experienced staff at night, fix the water, and you have yourself a truly nice hotel both regarding service and style! Loved the room!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
WestinCoralGables, Manager at The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables, responded to this review, March 30, 2010
Thanks so much for your positive comments about my Hotel here in Coral Gables! I am glad that your stay was a good one as well. My apologies about the water pressure to the shower in your room. The problem was that the main boiler did not re-set after a small power surge. This caused an issue Hotel wide! Once the problem was determined everything was back to normal in a couple hours. Again thanks for your gift of feedback and if your travels bring you back to Miami feel free to contact me directly.

Be Well!

Been to The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables? Share your experiences!