“A Top-Notch, Quality, Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Coral Gables
Wautoma
“A Top-Notch, Quality, Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2010

We (Four couples) stayed Two nights (in conjunction with cruise plans) and actually booked rooms (Four Stars) on Priceline.. All Four rooms were just "Super". The accommodations were luxurious and the service was great. The most impressive bed that we have ever slept in, and we have stayed in several hotels around the world. Everyone in our party remarked about the beds and comfort of the room. Also enjoyed the pool and Jacuzzi. Location is great and getting around was a breeze. Close by shopping and eateries. We most certainly would stay there again. What a great experience!
Mary and Roger from Wisconsin

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
WestinCoralGables, General Manager at The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables, responded to this review, February 9, 2010
I am so glad to hear your stay at The Westin Coral Gables was such an enjoyable experience! We are in the perfect location for pre and post cruise guests and appreciate your business!

Thanks again and Have a Refreshing Day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2010

We stayed at this hotel and it is really nice. There seemed to be problems with the AC so I am not sure I would stay during the summer but it was close to everything, there is a great little gift shop around the corner and great places to eat. We did tours of Miami that left from Bay Market and it was fairly close. We parked at Bay Market it is only $10 a day if you park early. A cab costs about $20 but the cab drivers were really great and made great suggestions. We did the boat and city tour. It was worth it. The hotel was clean and the staff was friendly.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
WestinCoralGables, General Manager at The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables, responded to this review, March 4, 2010
I am the General Manager here at the Westin Coral Gables and let me first apologize for the less than stellar experience you had during a recent stay at my Hotel! Although it's never great to hear of our shortcomings i do appreciate the time you have taken to reflect. With regard to the issues you encountered during your stay I would tell you we have a very reputable company in Ecolab that treats all of our guestrooms and are very responsive to any complaints that we do encounter, I can tell you this situation is an anomoly. With regard to overnight food service we do have a limited menu after 11pm and it sounds like had better increase our par levels when we have a high occupancy as we enountered during the time period of your stay and I apologize for this inconvenience. As far as the elvetor issue, we had a air condition unit in the shaft become faulty and the elevators will not work if the temperature reaches a certain point, this issue was called in and the situation was rectified. Once again I would like to apologize that your stay was less than perfect. Please feel free to contact me directly if your travels bring you back to the Miami area and I will do my utmost to insure your stay is a refreshing one. Be Well!
NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2009

Stayed 2 nights while mixing business and pleasure in the Miami Metro area. Initially booked into what they call a townhouse because I was planning on overnight guests the 2nd night of my stay. Once in I bailed back out, not a very workable layout as the bathroom is upstairs through the bedroom(look at the pics on the Starwood Site and you will see what I mean). Downgraded to a standard king with doors that opened to pool deck. Room was perfect for my stay. Not over the top luxury so if this is what you are looking for, look elsewhere. Functional, fairly clean, service was 5 star caliber! Every staff member I had encountered went way above and beyond to make the stay comfortable.

I would recommend this place is you are just wanting to explore Coral Gables for a single night, maybe 2 but no more.

Pool and hot tub decent, gym small and ill equipped for anything more than cardio. Didn't try the food, sorry.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Miami Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2009

Over the past 8 years, I have been a guest of this hotel through various owners (Omni, Westin, etc.). The hotel is very beautiful and conveniently located.

I was in town for a 3rd Year Memorial Service for my father. When I approached the Front Desk on September 12th, at about 1:30 p.m. in the afternoon, there were two gentlemen at the front desk. One who actually checked me (whose name I don't recall) and a gentleman named Pedro, who was friendly and welcoming. The gentleman who checked me was very cool about even looking up to acknowledge me, and gave me the impression, he was bothered to help me. I asked him if it would help if I gave him my Starwood Gold card and my A.X., this way he could confirm my reservation was there....he said that would help.

Pedro was kind and showed compassion that it was for my dad's service that I was in town. He informed me where everything was in the hotel (pool, fitness center, the parking, restaurant, room service). I appreciated his time and professionalism!

Another two employees who were very helpful were Ricardo in Room Service and Victor in Valet Service.

When I checked out, once again, the man who ignored me when I first arrived was there.....he never looked up from his keyboard to ask about my stay. I guess I didn't rank high enough for an acknowledgement.

Even though there was a wedding and reception planned for that evening, the hotel was very quiet. Our room was 409 was beautiful. We will return.

L Hoffman & V. Davidson, II, Esquire

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
toulouse, france
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2009

So, Flew down to meet my cousin and her teenage son. The hotel was nice enough and Daniel at the front desk was great. They left a few things out that for a hotel of this quality you would expect. I had a junior suite which was was spacious and lovely and have to say the best bed I have had in in recent memory. But, I had to call down to get a robe (which was very nice) bathroom ammenities were good. The club sandwich from room service by which I judge all hotels was ok but it was on a hamburger bun...go figure. The pool was very small and very crowded. The teenager went down there while cuz and I were gossiping and returned at once. The pool at home was bigger and didn't have a gazillion people in it. Good location by Coral Gables' Miracle Mile with lots of shopping. and restaurants within walking distance. As far as handicap access goes, they were pretty good. She has a chair and while their room was okay. She saw my room and complained to me that if you get an accessible room it's real basicbut there is a wide door to the bathroom. As she was zooming around my room she remarked that getting into my bathroom was no problem space wise. There was a wedding going on and the one working elevator (the other had been broken for a week) was slow and crowded. Gift shop was closed the entire time. They did however, find my watch which I had left in my room.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Portland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2009

We really enjoyed this hotel! The rooms and the beds were very comfortable and spacious. Really appreciated the fruit flavored water! The area is nice to walk around with lots of shops. Nice alternative to South Beach.

Check out this wonderful old school Italian restaurant down the street. Best food ever!

Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2009

stayed at this hotel for 3 nights before a cruise. the room was large and very comfortable. staff could not have been more accommodating even offering us the use of their computer to book the airport lounge online. swimming pool very pleasant and plenty of towels available. staff were more than willing to offer advice about the many restaurants in the area, they also booked us an excellent tour of miami.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables? Share your experiences!