“Superb location with excellent service combines to make the Colonnade one of my favorite hotels.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables

Book Early and Save
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Coral Gables
Rio de Janeiro
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

I have stayed here for years. It is small, a bit quirky, and altogether delightful. The staff all go out of their way to make guests feel welcome. The nightly sparkling wine and Tuesday receptions make it even nicer.

• Stayed January 2015

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

My friends and I spent 4 days at the Westin Colonnade. I've probably stayed in 15-20 Westin properties and this is definitely one of my top 3.

The location of this property is ideal. It is Coral Gables and guests can easily get to MIA and Miami Beach. Miracle Mile (lots of shopping) is within walking distance! The property is vintage Miami with a touch of elegance and modern deco. The hotel is extremely clean and vibrant. The entire is up-to-date and well cared for.

The staff is WONDEFUL!!!! Quite frankly, I haven't met a more accommodating hotel staff. My room wasn't ready when I arrived (I got here much earlier than I expected) and Kathy, at the front desk, asked housekeeping expedite it's cleaning. I was working when I arrived and needed to order room service for lunch. I mentioned to Service Express that I would be on a conference call and requested that they please be quite when delivering the food. The waiter came into the room very quietly, set up the food, and left without saying a word. We needed a roll-a-way bed and one was quickly brought up to us. The roll-a-ways are not the typical cot, but an actual twin size bed. Housekeeping made it up, just like a regular bed. Valet was great! Even though there was a wedding, they brought out our car quickly whenever we called.

We needed a lot of things during this trip- extra bedding, cash exchanged, etc. Every time we spoke to an employee, they had a cheerful and helpful attitude. I was very impressed the friendliness of the staff. Kathy at the front desk was extremely in answering any questions we had and provided excellent customer service. I will definitely be back soon!

Room Tip: Get a suite! Ours had a HUGE balcony with lawn chairs!!!
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
TheWestinColonnade, General Manager at The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Hi JulliainTally,

Thank you for this glowing review! We will be sure to thank Kathy, room service, valet, and housekeeping for their amazing service. It's reviews like these that really inspire our staff to go above and beyond for the guest. We are honored to be part of your top 3 and hope to see you again should your travels return you to Miami.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Well there is not a lot to say about that hotel, it is a typical Westin.

1. Very helpful, polite, nice & approachable staff, example of how they should behave like.
2.Ultra clean rooms, good interiors, good quality bath & "room" products
3.Breakfasts in Aragon cafe - wide selection of different dishes, high quality products, nice & fast service.
4.Swimming pool & fitness - clean, not overcrowded, opened 24h
5.Prices - scear sh#|t out of me. Starting from room & breakfast price, ending with a Wi-Fi that is not complimentary.

Well located, super clean, nice & expensive hotel. If you value comfort more than money - that's great spot for you!
I guess quality costs...

• Stayed January 2015
TheWestinColonnade, General Manager at The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Greetings ThatGrumble!

I’m delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our impeccable service & amenities. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Miami!

Best,
Westin Colonnade Coral Gables General Manager
Coral Gables, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The best hotel in coral gables. Front desk staff are excellent and go above and beyond in exceeding guedt expectations. I nended the hotel to make dinner reservations for me and my wife. Alex not only provided recommendations but made sure that a very good table was ready for us when we arrived at the Restuarant. That's what I call five star service.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
TheWestinColonnade, General Manager at The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Hey Gordon R!,

I appreciate the notes on your stay. Our front desk staff is truly one of a kind. We will be sure to thank Alex for his detailed assistance in ensuring that your reservations were made perfectly. We hope to see you again should your travels return you to Miami.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I’ve now stayed at this hotel ~4 days a week for the last 8 months. There many positives about this place that I’m sure you’re get from other reviews (i.e., coral gables is a great place and the westin is right in the heart of the district), but what sets this place apart is the staff. Everyone is very delightful and goes out of their way to make me feel at home and comfortable, especially Kathlyn and Natalia. They are very delightful young women who are gifted at making everyone’s stay as terrific as mine (I’ve seen them in action). They take take their time when answering questions and follow through on every request. They are critical assets to the hotel. The rest of the staff were very helpful and friendly as well – from the guys at the bellman desk to the catering service and valet attendants. Highly recommended.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Thanks for your nice note R A!

We are glad to be your home away from home for the past 8 months! We hope to continue to make your weekly stays as unwinding and at home as possible. We will definitely thank Kathy and Natalia, and the rest of our amazing team for making sure your taken care of every week.

Stay Inspired,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Great location, great staff and a very clean place. I want to say thank you to Frank and Alex at the front desk for doing an exceptional job!! We will definitely be coming back to stay! Overall we are happy with the stay!!

• Stayed January 2015
TheWestinColonnade, General Manager at The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Greetings Crazy1rican,

Thank you for your kind words! Frank and Alex are two of our many Customer Service Stars here at The Westin Colonnade and we will be sure to thank them for making your late night arrival as easy as possible. We hope to see you again soon so we can continue to deliver exceptional stays for you.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Great location, excellent facilties, always clean, many fine restaurants within walking distance, friendly and professional staff, being Juan Carlos one of the best.
In few words the best Hotel in the area.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Greetings Alejandro M.!,

Thank you for your kind words! Our The Westin Colonnade Team truly strives to make each guests stay as unwinding as possible. We are delighted to see that Juan Carlos was able to provide such outstanding service for you and hope that we will see you again should your travels return you to Miami.

Matt Lahiff

Been to The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables? Share your experiences!