“Great location and pleasant service” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Coral Gables
Campinas, SP
“Great location and pleasant service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Hotel is located in a very nice area. Service it is quite good, staff is very pleasant and rooms are clean and comfortable. Bed is very, very nice. They were very helpful on providing me a room earlier than normal check in time.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
TheWestinColonnade, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Greetings Mauricio S,

Thank you for your feedback. We are delighted to see that we were able to provide you with an unwinding stay. Our staff truly pride themselves in elevating our guests experiences and making them feel as at home as possible. We hope to see you again should your travels return you to Miami.
Westin Experience Specialist

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We stayed one night to attend a holiday party. Our room was comfortable and spacious, nicely decorated. The heat did not function making our room a cool 64 degrees no matter what the thermostat setting. Within 5 minutes of our phone call , a gentleman came up to troubleshoot the problem . It was fixed and all was fine after that. No complaints about this hotel, it is a lovely hotel. Staff was friendly and helpful. I recommend this hotel for a pleasant stay in Coral Gables. I cannot think of one thing I would change about this hotel. Very nice place to stay...

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony, nice view of Miami
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Greetings Linda D,

Thank you for your kind words! We are delighted to see that one of our engineers were able to assist you in making your room temperature just right. We truly hope to see you again should your travels return you to Miami so that we may continue to make your stays pleasant.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I stayed at the Westin Colonade for business in December 2015. The service was friendly, focused on me, and very willing to please. I arrived at midnight and from the start, they looked to make feel at home. Room service was limited at that late hour, which was a little disappointing. My room was comfortable, especially the bed and pillows, but needed a little updating. I stayed in room 542, which is a split level--cute but a little awkward if you have big luggage to move to the bedroom area. I think the hotel should work on the toiletries and provide the standard shower cap and sewing kits, as well as a better brand of shampoo/conditioner/cream to compete with other luxury hotels.

Overall, great place to stay with a good location, close to the airport (15-20 mins away), and a friendly atmosphere.

Room Tip: Room 542 was a split level room. Nice and quaint but not convenient for someone with lots/big luggag...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Greetings travel_a_ok,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We truly hope that we captured that "at home feeling" for you and were able to accommodate all of your needs. As a valued guest I welcome you to email me at dwelch@westincoralgables.com so that I may add your toiletry choices to your SPG Preferences menu to ensure that your expectations are met throughout all SPG Properties. Should your travels return you to Miami please feel free to reach out to me so that we may continue to make your stays as refreshing as this one.
Trinidad and Tobago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed at the Westin for a couple days in November 2014 and had a great time. It is located within walking distance to several shops and restaurants so that made it very convenient to run errands after my work meetings. The rooms were large and very comfortable. All of the employees from check in to check out were very responsive and pleasant. Breakfast at the Aragon Cafe was the highlight of my stay - the Belgian Waffles and the Parfait are a must have! The one sour point was the room service menu - I stayed with 2 colleagues and between us we ordered 8-9 different menu items and we were VERY disappointed with the taste. Disclaimer - we are call Caribbean people are are accustomed to having A LOT of flavour in our food. Outside of breakfast in Aragon Cafe we stayed away from the food. A part from that everything else was great and I would def. recommend and stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the electrical room and the ice machine
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
TheWestinColonnade, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Greetings Janelle P,

Thank you for your gift of feedback. We hope that you enjoyed your time with us and were able to truly explore our lovely area. Our team at The Westin Colonnade takes pride in making our guests feel as at home as possible and hope that your escape with us was a refreshing one. Aragon Cafe is one of our newest additions to our hotel and we are delighted to see that you were able to indulge in our Superfoods menu. We hope that should your travels return you to Miami, that you chose us to continue to create rejuvenating experiences for you and your colleagues.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed @ westin coral gables over tgiving. Staff was v nice, especially considering the holiday. Location is nice, although "miracle" mile is largely bridal shops and chain restaurants (though this is of course not starwoods fault). As for what it is, i'd say its a very capable 3.5 star hotel. It is not by any means a 5 star job, but the prices are fair, so as long as you set your expectations right, you're likely to be happy. The only real complaint i have is the frequent sound i heard from the pipes which sounded like a turkey scuba diving. What the heck was that? Overall, would certainly consider next time I'm in coral gables.

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Greetings Steve L,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us! Our Westin Colonnade Team strives to make every guest feel relaxed and at home. We are delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and hope to see you again in the future so that we can continue to make great experiences for you. Although we do not have turkeys scuba diving, we have recently taken steps to refresh the facade of our building which should be ending in the near future. We hope that should your travels return you to Miami, that you stay with us again so that we can continue to create memorable experiences for you.

Westin Experience Specialst
Miami
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I arrived last Sunday and check out today Thursday. Where shall I star:
1. Arrived from Europe around 3pm. I wanted to sleep a little bit before a dinner I had near but they give me a room near their office (place where housekeeping have their office) on the 3rd floor and there was like a party or similar where 2 or 3 housekeeping or maintenance were talking very loud so I couldn't sleep I went to the front desk and asked if they could stop..
2. Next morning I woke up to work at 6 am and I called the service to order breakfast in my room... the answer was sorry call later since theybdont start until 630am (in the menu says 6am) so I waited and at 6.30am I called and they ask me to call at 6.35 am that there was nobody yet. And I couldnt believe but I needed a coffee so I waited and when I called order a coffee and a basket of pastry but asked them to bring me only croissants and orange juice ... and they brought me the coffee and one croissant not bigger than 6 cms and that was all!. I gave up changed myself and went outside.
3. When I came back I started working and I have the woman of the breakfast that entered without knowcking to get the trade!
4. Laundry. I gave them 2 shirts for laundry and I realised they returned to me 3 shirts! Obviously one was not mine.
5. On Wednesday afternoon I was working and the party continued with room service or maintenance or housekeeping. I was on a conference call and they were working with the music on that obviously I could heard while I was working.
Horrible experience and a complete disaster staff. The only possitivr thing the japanese restaurant and the valet service but obviously it was outsource!

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
barbsvh, Manager at The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear barbusete,

Urbana, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We spent 7 days and nights at this very nice hotel which has recently been renovated with a Friendly staff. Beautiful lobby/entry area, Nice pool but lounge chairs are so slick you slide right out of them! Nice whirlpool beside pool. Great city views from poolside. Have Avia exercise clothes and shoes available if you have forgotten yours and want to workout in their facility or run. If you get a room on the second floor facing the pool you can walk right out your door to the pool. (Not good if you want total quiet though since you can here people at the pool) Has several restaurants on the entry level of the hotel. Nice Sushi Maki restaurant and Mortan's Steak House. Lot of restaurants within walking distance, not lots of shopping though anymore with the exception of wedding and formal wear and this is the place to go for that!

Room Tip: See information above
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
TheWestinColonnade, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Hello Newarknancy,

Thank you for your feedback! We are delighted to see that you were able to take advantage of our Stay Fit, Pack Light initiative, Westin Workout! Here at The Westin Colonnade, we try to make traveling as easy and stress free as possible, for a better you! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us, should your travels return you to Miami, we would be delighted to welcome you back. Be Well!

Been to The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables? Share your experiences!