“Much Better Than Expected” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Coral Gables
Wilton Manors, Florida
“Much Better Than Expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

This is a great find in Coral Gables which offers excellent dinning and shopping options yet the rest of Miami and the beach area is still easily accessible. From the reviews we read before our stay we assumed that we were getting an older hotel that may be well past it's prime. However the recent renovations are showing great promise. We were on the second floor which is actually the second floor of the hotel which is situated above some office floors. The hallways were clearly remodeled with great lighting, entry doors and absolutely spectacular carpeting. The age of the property allows for other advantages like the beautiful marble entry flooring along with the larger rooms and baths that were the norm when the hotel was constructed. Some of the room furniture is in need of replacement but the beds and bathroom were suburb. Hopefully the lobby area is still scheduled for a rehab and the elevators are very warm and stuffy. As a Starwoods Preferred guest, we received a much appreciated upgrade to our room which included a lovely terrace.
We were celebrating a birthday and found the restaurant attached to the property, Sushi Samba, totally delightful with great service and broad menu. There is so much in the area that we never moved our car from the valet parking.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
TheWestinColonnade, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables, responded to this review, August 27, 2014
Greetings Florida-Traveler-888,

Thank you for staying with us! We are delighted to hear that you were able to enjoy our newly renovated floor. We will also be adding new furniture to the rooms in the coming months. As you stated the lobby and guest room elevators are still scheduled to be refreshed as well. We are happy to hear that you were able to visit the always vibrant and energetic SushiSamba for your special occasion. Should your travels return you to Miami, we hope to see you again to assist you in making all your stays special. Be Well.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Foxborough, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay while visiting Coral Gables to bring our son to the University of Miami. The Westin is in a convenient location within walking distance to many shops and restaurants. The housekeeping, front desk, concierge and valet staff were very friendly and efficient. It was very much appreciated that many of the staff, especially Eduardo, the Valet Supervisor, would greet us by name and ask how our busy trip was
going.

Greetings Susan B.,

Thank you for staying with us and welcome to the UM/Coral Gables family! Your kinds words about our housekeeping, front desk, concierge, and valet staff are very much appreciated. We will be sure to let Eduardo know that his hard work and personalized service is recognized. We hope to see you again when your travels return you to Miami. Please feel free to contact me at dwelch@westincoralgables.com so that I may assist in any upcoming request you might need. Be Well.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

Moving into the U was so easy! Chris Hernandez and team were fantastic getting everything to fit into the car. The front desk staff was always on their A game. Definitely will be going back when in the coral gables area.

• Stayed August 2014
TheWestinColonnade, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Greetings Statushunter,

Thank you so much for your kind words and welcome to the Coral Gables community! We will be sure to inform Chris and the front desk that their services are very much appreciated. We hope to see you again should your travels return you to Miami so that we can continue to make refreshing stays during your time in Miami. Be Well.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

Absolutely phenomenal customer service! I worked in the gables for years and always knew the Westin was a beautiful and high end hotel but I never knew how incredible the rooms and the pool area were!

The pool alone....OMG it's gorgeous! Open air kind of rooftop....not exactly the top of the building but about 11 floors up, pretty wicker chairs to lay out on, jacuzzi, white fabric couches and canopied day beds, and the coolest 3 person hammock lounge area(see pic). The rooms are very clean, modern, and I love that they even have a catalog of the items in the room for purchase. You know you've stayed somewhere and wanted to buy the linens or blankets. Now you can! And btw, the "heavenly" robe is just that...it's the softest material I have ever felt!

Our stay was beyond perfect! I was ecstatic when I booked through priceline express deals and got the room for a good price AND discovered it was the Westin AND it was pet friendly! I expected to call and have to pay an additional deposit for our 2 dogs, but nope! Just signed a waiver and they were welcomed with milkbones and a special do not disturb hanger that specified there were dogs in the room. We originally planned on staying one night but after falling in love with the hotel, I called the front desk to see about staying another night. Mind you, this weekend was the very first time my husband and I were without our 2 boys(under 2 years old) and was my best friends wedding. I explained our reason for staying and also confessed our horrible current living situation in my mom's old garage(super hot, no bathroom, small quarters) and he was nice enough to search online along with me for any promo offers or deals. He, btw, was the front desk manager Josh and was so kind and understanding of our situation and desire to stay an extra night. He went well above his way to get us an amazing deal and ended up getting us a better room at a price fitting our budget. He then asked if we didn't mind waiting an hour or two for the chance to get a suite! Of course we said we could wait! I had a show to see at the miracle theatre anyway, and by the time I returned to the hotel, I picked up our new keys to our insane king suite with balcony!

For years my husband and I used to hang out behind the bar on giralda and look up at those balconies and imagine how luxurious the rooms must be and wish we could stay there one day. Now we were standing in the very same balcony, looking down at the back of the bar! The suite had a separate area across from the plush king bed, with a couch(including pull out bed), chair, coffee table, desk, dresser with flat screen tv and the balcony with panoramic city view. The bed area had it's own flat screen tv too and the bathroom was gorgeous and sent you to a rainforest when you showered under the rainfall showerhead. Josh also sent us an extra empty refrigerator for our perishables since our kids were returning to us for the night. He completed our perfect dream stay by granting us late check out and included free wifi in the suite as well.

I will be forever grateful for all that Josh did for us because we would never in our lives be able to afford that suite, and we have always dreamt of experiencing it and all it's glorious amenities.

I absolutely recommend the Westin Colonnade Coral Gables and suggest joining the rewards program offered by the company...Starwood Preferred Guest so you can earn points for your stays and become qualified for member upgrades and benefits. The only bad part of my stay was having to leave. My husband nearly had to drag me out kicking and screaming!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Good Morning Michelle L.,

Thank you for your amazingly kind words! We are delighted that you finally got a chance to experience our Westin and everything it has to offer! We will be sure to inform the front office Manager, Josh, that his attentive service is much appreciated. We hope to see you again should your travels bring you back to Coral Gables. Be Well!
Palmdale, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

I am a platinum member and although I don't expect to be treated like royalty, I do expect a bit of service for my level as a member, such as a refreshment center in my room, a welcome drink, such as fresh juice or a split of champagne. I had neither - although my colleagues' who checked a few hours later were offered champagne at check in. My first room was one heck of a hike from the elevator and the chairs were dirty, so I requested another room - this one was better yet I needed to ask for a refrigerator. I also had no robe and the wallpaper was peeling in the bathroom. Needed new carpet and drapes. I do have to say that the bed was wonderful, very comfortable. I will say that the staff is wonderful and very friendly and helpful! Rene' from room service was perfect! The staff at the restaurant is attentive and friendly (but you lady bartenders need to realize that women will tip well too for good service). The pool is nice and the hotel is in a nice area. The place needs some work, I think they are trying, but more needs to be done sooner, for a Westin I will call this one average - especially for the cost $$$

Green Features: they do good in this aspect, if you put the sign on your door that you'll forgo maid service for that day, you'll receive a voucher for $5 off or 500 points
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
TheWestinColonnade, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Greetings Annette H,

Thank you for your loyalty to our brand. The Westin Colonnade has a nightly Westin unwind that is front 5 PM to 7 PM which greets our guest with a refreshing glass of Champagne. Our apologies if we fell short with your first room selection, we are currently undergoing a hotel refresh which includes new hallway carpets, doors, new in room furniture and a refreshed bathroom. We hope to see you again after our refresh to receive more of your feedback. Should your travels return you to Miami, please feel free to contact me at dwelch@westincoralgables.com and I will be sure to see to it that your stay is as refreshing as possible. Be Well.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

The service at this hotel is exemplary, with particular recognition to Al, the night manager, and Pete. Wish that all properties in the ilk of the Westin had such accomodatng staff. When one is traveling and arriving late, it's great to know that there are people like these two guys at the helm. Trust me, it can make the difference between a bad travel experience, and a great one. Kudos to Westin for their wise choice of staff. Which is why, combined with the contemporary, upscale, comfortable and environmentally conscious property, with perfect location in Coral Gables - walking distance to everything & close to downtown Miami, South Beach & a drive away from the Keys -is a great choice. Some rooms have direct access to the heated pool . You can't go wrong if you choose to stay here. Upscale service like nowhere else for the price point & great location & fantastic rooms. Love this place.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with pool access if you want that. Your door will open directly to the pool area.
Green Features: Great environmentally friendly practices.Very proactive.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
TheWestinColonnade, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables, responded to this review, August 28, 2014
Hello Butter74,

Thank you for your inspiring words about our staff and property! We here at the Westin Colonnade truly strive for excellence and aim to provide nothing but the best service for our guests. We hope to see you again should your travels bring you back to Miami. Be Well.
Orlando
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

Stayed for the weekend with my daughters, really nice place to stay in, but very pricy. But overall you have many place to go and have nice place to have dinner. People at the westin are very kind, and valet would always help you for any directions you need. Specially the young kid Dylan who helped me out all the times and help me on deciding a good place to have breakfast around the area before going home. My daughters love it. Thanks :)

Greetings AlovesMiami,

Thank you so much for your kind words about our staff. We are truly delighted that you had a chance to enjoy the lovely restaurant options Coral Gables has to offer. We will be sure to share your inspiring comments with Dylan to let him know that his services do not go unnoticed. We hope to see you again so that we may continue to make refreshing stays for you and your daughters. Be Well.

Been to The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables? Share your experiences!