“Really enjoyed me stay.” 4 of 5 stars

Book Early and Save
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Coral Gables
GreenLeadersBronze level
New York City, New York
“Really enjoyed me stay.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

I stayed here with my wife. We were upgraded to a very nice room with a doorway onto the pool deck. There is nothing like eating breakfast poolside. The room was very spacious and very accommodating.
This hotel is located close enough to miami without the miami pricing.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the pool deck.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
TheWestinColonnade, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Hello MDrills,

Thank you for your kind words. We are delighted to hear that your enjoyed our newly renovated floor. We hope to continue to make beautifully refreshing escapes for you and your wife. Should your travels return you to Miami please feel free to contact Dwelch@westincoralgables.com to assist in any special requests you might have. Be Well.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Mexico City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

The hotel is very well located, you can walk the Mile (Miracle Mile), with fantastic restaurants along the way. I think the cost of Valet Service was a bit overpriced, but the Young Guy at the valet service (Chris) was very fast and helpful.
Rooms were very comfortable and nice.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
TheWestinColonnade, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Hello Pipewi,

Thank you so much for your kind words! We truly hope you enjoyed our hotel and all the great finds around it. We will be sure to acknowledge Chris for his attentive and hard work. Should your travels bring you back to Miami, we hope to see you again to continue to make extraordinary stays for you. Be Well.
Alpharetta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

Every employee at the Westin goes out of their way to make your stay the best possible. Hotel amenities are phenomenal and there is an abundance of restaurants in the area to choose from for any type of meal. You won't regret staying at the Westin Colonnade Coral Gables.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
TheWestinColonnade, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Hello Patrick5554,

Thank you for gracing us with your feedback! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and lovely neighborhood. We will share this lovely review with our staff as words of empowerment. Should your travels return you to Miami, we hope to see you again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

I'd like to start off by praising a few of the wonderful people that work at this hotel: Rachel Guerra is an absolute pleasure to deal with and makes my mornings/evenings so much more enjoyable whenever I step into/out of the hotel! Any issue I may have, she handles it promptly and with a smile on her face. I travel about two-thirds of the year and she's definitely one of the best hotel personnel I've come across globally.

Josh Norris and Gabbi Terrazas are also absolutely fantastic - very accommodating, problem solvers, pleasant, and terrific representatives of the hotel and the industry. On the off chance that there's something lacking with regards to your experience at the hotel, talk to them and you'll leave with a smile on your face.

Overall, the hotel is very good - a great location, wonderful staff, fantastic restaurants nearby. Whatever the hotel may lack in facilities (it's a little old but going through renovations that will take it to another level), it more than makes up with the staff! I'd definitely recommend staying here all things considered. Find Rachel, Gabbi, or Josh at check-in - you'll thank me.

-RA

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
TheWestinColonnade, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Greetings AnonymousRA,

Thank you for your incredibly kind words about Rachel, Gaby, and Josh. We are delighted to see that they have been able to make your stays as refreshing as possible. We hope to continue to make each of your stays as flawless as possible and assist you in creating a home away from home. Be Well.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This is an old classic hotel, with large rooms with traditional furniture and working in room minibar, which others Westin locations have done away with. It is located about 15-20 minutes form the MIA airport, and one block away from Coral Gables Miracle Mile, so it is very convenient for great shopping.
It has a Morton's Steakhouse and a Sushi Restaurant in house. We dined at Morton's which was the usual great steaks. The sushi restaurant looked also great. We used the room service for brunch on a Saturday, and it was relatively fast, 30 minutes, great service and good food.
Overall a great Westin property.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

The Westin Colonnade, Coral Gables is definitely one of the best hotels I have been to. The rooms are very comfortable and the hotel is within walking distance to everything in downtown Coral Gables. Once you park your car, you really do not need it again. There are many shops, restaurants, and nightlife spots all just a short walk away. I have only two issues that I encountered at the hotel. The first the hotel really has no control over. The hotel hosted weddings the weekend my wife and I stayed there and the guests from the weddings when they were heading back to their rooms at night (the individuals were probably drunk) were very load and noisy. The hotel does try to curb this with signs right outside the elevators asking for quiet. Nevertheless, some people just do not care for anybody but themselves. The second issue the hotel can very easily solve when I check in. Being a Platinum member of their loyalty program, I expect them to inform me of SPG events on site for their SPG members. At this location, there is a nightly get-together with drinks and appetizers. I should have been informed of this and of the location for every night I was there. However, I never knew about this until I read a sign as I was walking out of the hotel to go home. I fully expect the hotel staff to change this behavior before I return next time. Because the perfection of the location of this hotel ensures that I will return again.

Room Tip: Hopefully no weddings taking place at the hotel and then all will be perfect.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
TheWestinColonnade, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Hello Whgille,

Thank you for your kind words. We truly hope you enjoyed our hotel and our beautiful Coral Gables neighborhood. We continue to strive to find ways to correct the late night noise issues. Our SPG Reception is a great happy hour that is held every Tuesday for all of our loyal SPG Guests. We truly hope to see you again when your travels return you to Miami so that you can join us for our Tuesday Happy Hour and our Daily Champagne Toast! Be Well.
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I arrived at 2 am on the 12th of July and was accommodated just fine regardless of how late it was. Thank you, Kathy from the Front Desk, for assisting me before my arrival. I was promptly checked in and it was smooth sailing from there. Walked into the room to see I was giving a complimentary upgrade, which is always nice. Just to know - they are in the works of a renovation, so you may hear some noise during the day. We didn't spend much time in the room as we were attending a wedding at the hotel. The rotunda was astounding. Check out was smooth sailing as well with only a minor billing error, which was fixed by both Kathy again and Juan. There are many places to eat and shop within walking distance that made it all worthwhile! Definitely would recommend to others.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
#6 of 11 in Coral Gables
3.5 of 5 stars 354 reviews
Coconut Grove
Hampton Inn Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables

Been to The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables? Share your experiences!