“Great Hotel at a Great Location, BUT.....” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Coral Gables
Orlando, Florida
“Great Hotel at a Great Location, BUT.....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

The Westin Colonnade, Coral Gables is definitely one of the best hotels I have been to. The rooms are very comfortable and the hotel is within walking distance to everything in downtown Coral Gables. Once you park your car, you really do not need it again. There are many shops, restaurants, and nightlife spots all just a short walk away. I have only two issues that I encountered at the hotel. The first the hotel really has no control over. The hotel hosted weddings the weekend my wife and I stayed there and the guests from the weddings when they were heading back to their rooms at night (the individuals were probably drunk) were very load and noisy. The hotel does try to curb this with signs right outside the elevators asking for quiet. Nevertheless, some people just do not care for anybody but themselves. The second issue the hotel can very easily solve when I check in. Being a Platinum member of their loyalty program, I expect them to inform me of SPG events on site for their SPG members. At this location, there is a nightly get-together with drinks and appetizers. I should have been informed of this and of the location for every night I was there. However, I never knew about this until I read a sign as I was walking out of the hotel to go home. I fully expect the hotel staff to change this behavior before I return next time. Because the perfection of the location of this hotel ensures that I will return again.

Room Tip: Hopefully no weddings taking place at the hotel and then all will be perfect.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
TheWestinColonnade, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Hello Whgille,

Thank you for your kind words. We truly hope you enjoyed our hotel and our beautiful Coral Gables neighborhood. We continue to strive to find ways to correct the late night noise issues. Our SPG Reception is a great happy hour that is held every Tuesday for all of our loyal SPG Guests. We truly hope to see you again when your travels return you to Miami so that you can join us for our Tuesday Happy Hour and our Daily Champagne Toast! Be Well.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I arrived at 2 am on the 12th of July and was accommodated just fine regardless of how late it was. Thank you, Kathy from the Front Desk, for assisting me before my arrival. I was promptly checked in and it was smooth sailing from there. Walked into the room to see I was giving a complimentary upgrade, which is always nice. Just to know - they are in the works of a renovation, so you may hear some noise during the day. We didn't spend much time in the room as we were attending a wedding at the hotel. The rotunda was astounding. Check out was smooth sailing as well with only a minor billing error, which was fixed by both Kathy again and Juan. There are many places to eat and shop within walking distance that made it all worthwhile! Definitely would recommend to others.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

We have five kids and the staff was so kind and helpful! The Valet Eduardo retrieved our truck multiple times a day and they were so gracious and nice! The engineer helped get my six-year-old's remote-control car operational and housekeepers were sweet whenever we needed anything

• Stayed June 2014
TheWestinColonnade, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Hello Ediwog!

Thank you for your gift of feedback. We will be sure to recognize our great Valte staff for their exceptional service, our engineer Jorge for assisting with the remote control car and all of the housekeepers that assisted in making your stay as warm and at home as possible. We truly hope that if your travels bring you back to Miami that you stay woth us again so that we can continue to assist in making amazing stays for you and your family. Stay Inspired!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

Pure greatness. The building, amenities, and location rock, but the best part is the service. The front desk (especially Kathy, Sandra, and Gabby), room, and valet (especially Chris H.) are top of the line. The always have a smile, provide great recommendations of where to go and what to doe, and are never short a tip on how to make your stay perfect. I worry about nothing while staying there.

Greetings Cameron R.!

Thank you so much for your kind words! We will be sure to highlight the great employees that you mentioned. We here at the Westin Colonnade strive to make sure all of our guest receive a smile and a warm welcome. We hope to see you again should your travels bring you back to Miami, we would be delighted to assist in making more amazing memories for you. Be Well!
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

I stay at the Colonnade for business and tend to leave early in the morning and prefer not to wait for the valet to bring my car around (because I'm usually running late:-). Chris Hernandez, one of the valets, provides excellent customer service and always has my car ready and waiting when I'm rushing out the door....and with a smile.

Thanks Chris for the great service!

Room Tip: Overlook the veranda by the pool.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
TheWestinColonnade, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Hello Lisa H,

Thank you for your kind words about our Valet, Chris! We will be sure to share this review with his manager and ensure that he gets the recognition he deserves. Should your travels return you to Miami, we would be delighted to assist you in making sure your business trips are flawless. Be Well!
Gurgaon, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

The rooms are good in terms of size, cleanliness, decent size bathroom but the hotel is far from the beaches of Miami. Wi-Fi was a big problem where I had to call every time the IT Department to fix it.

Food is average, This hotel is not meant for smokers :)

Over all the stay was just average.

Room Tip: If you are thinking you want Miami beaches nearby then definitely this is not the hotel for you.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Tortola
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

Stayed in the Westin Colonnade for seven nights and was made overly welcome from the moment I booked my business stay online. Received two welcome email communications which were nothing more than a WOW.

The front desk was awsome and welcomed me like a long lost son, when asked for details of local shopping destinations I was provided with a great decryption of two malls where I was able to purchase everything that I needed.

The meeting rooms were well stocked and and equipted with all that was nessesary for the business sales summit that I attended.

One of the amazing experiences was the help provided to me by the concierge Joaouin Pastora, I needed to order some garden furniture that could be shipped to a destination in the caribbean, and asked for his advice.

Not only did he advise wisely but asked me to enjoy my sales summit whilst he would seek out a retail store that would be able to accommodate my requirements. The really amazing customer service effort wAs that when I returned from my afternoon session Joaouin had identified a store as well as a local international shipper.

This hotel is a must for anyone traveling to Miami and somewhere I will be revisiting again at every opportunity.

Room Tip: I stayed on the second floor with direct views of the pool and very close to a well equipped gym.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Been to The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables? Share your experiences!