“Excellent Thanksgiving Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 11 hotels in Coral Gables
Tampa, Florida
“Excellent Thanksgiving Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Wife and I were in town for a wedding on Key Biscayne, but did not want to pay Key Biscayne prices for a hotel room. Front office managers Kathy, Josh and Roxann were amazingly accommodating when we called to let them know we would be arriving very late, and needed some extra time the next day before checkout. We were supposed to arrive early evening the day after Thanksgiving, but were delayed and did not arrive until 4am the next morning. Valet parking was easy and so polite! Chris and Arturo seemed to be there every time I came for the car during the weekend. The hotel is older, but gorgeous and full of wonderful staff. We used to stay at the Hyatt on our trips to Miami, but not any more. The Westin has won us over.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
WestinC0ralGables, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Hello Jared S,

Thank you for your kind words! We here at the Westin Colonnade strive to make every guests experience as flawless and refreshing as your recent one. I have passed this review along to our front office and will be sure to give them the good word. Should your travels bring you back to Miami, please feel free to contact us so that we can make your next stay just as flawless as the last. Be Well!

473 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Attended a wedding in their lovely main ballroom, it was absolutely beautiful! Food was excellent and served perfectly. We also stayed overnight, room was clean and bed was comfy. The Hotel has style and sophistication. The whole staff (front desk, servers, housekeeping) all had a friendly smile. Overheard hotel will go through a remodel soon. So it will be even better!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
WestinC0ralGables, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Hello Jvharding,

Thank you so much for your kind words! We are delighted to hear that you had such a great time staying with us. You heard correctly, we do in fact have plans to make our property even better in 2014. I will be sure to pass on your elevating experience with the hotel staff. I see that you are a Miami native however, should your travels bring you back to Coral Gables, please feel free to contact our Guest Relations Manager so that she can assist you in making your next stay just as refreshing as this one. Be Well!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Hi, My name is Jorge Salgado SPG Gold#42335498458
I checked in on Thursday November 21,2013 for 2 nights. I travel for business weekly and always stay at Starwood properties when available all over the world, and this is the first stay that has been a really bad to worst experience ever!
1. I check in after a long and delayed flight from Las Vegas and when I walked into into my room(503), the room had a very bad humidity, mildew awfull smell. I am very sensitive and alergic, so I called front desk and I was changed to room 302.
2. The air conditioner in this room 302, never worked, my room was hot all night, So I called front desk in the morning, engineering personell came in and told me the thermostat was not working properly. I asked for a room change, AGAIN!!! and I was given room (219).
3. I went out to work and when I come back to sleep, the Air Conditioner is not cooling, not working properly!! This is unbelievable and unacceptable!! I can't believe I threw away 10,000 Spg points and $150 in this garbage hotel!! Never again!!! Jorge Salgado

• Stayed November 2013
WestinC0ralGables, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Hello JorgeSalgado,

Our apologies that your stay was less than perfect. Your concerns were reviewed with our upper management. We hope that should your travels return you to Miami, we hope that you will stay with us so that we can see to it that your stay is a refreshing one.
Estero, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

The toilet in our room over-flowed at 2 pm. It took two tries to get my call to the desk answered and then I waited 20 minutes for the plumber to arrive, just before I had to leave to meet my family. Returned to the room after 7 pm to find the wet towels piled in the tub, toilet paper still in the commode, and no signs that any cleaning had been done.

I called the front desk, then the Westin “fast service” line and finally the emergency line - the phone rang and rang and was never answered so I had to trek back down to the lobby. Only then was the room cleaned and fresh towels supplied. God forbid there is ever a fire in this hotel - you would fry before they answer the phone. And if you let yourself think about the cleanliness of the bathrooms, you will surely have nightmares.

Room Tip: Most rooms are a very long walk from the elevator and all are quite a distance from the lobby.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
WestinC0ralGables, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Greetings Beachtango,

Thank you for your gift of feedback and giving the hotel the opportunity to utilize your experience as a tool for improvement. Guests are always our priority please rest assure that your experience was reviewed by the staff and it will assist us in improving our guest experience. Should your travels return you to Miami, feel free to contact our Guest Relations Ambassador and she will be glad to assist in the flawlessness of your stay. Be Well.
Atlanta Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Westin to me confers a high level of service and style. The hotel was OK but not worth the rates. If you get a very good rate then it may be a perfectly good hotel.

I stayed here as part of a conference. The room was ok. It was clean. The bed was comfortable but I do recall in other Westins the beds were "heavenly". It was quiet enough and I didn't hear any noise from the neighboring rooms or hallway even tho the hotel was also in a sold out situation. The bathroom was ok but a bit dark. The tub has a rain shower. If you like these things then you are in luck. If you actually like a real shower then well...

The conference food was good. There is only so much you can do with buffets and the food there was good (not fantastic). The conference set up was a bit klugy with booths on the first floor in the hallway. Lunch was also set up there. It seemed odd and was extremely cramped.

The front desk staff were friendly.

The pool is outside. The pool itself is very small but the area is nicely done. If the weather isn't warm then the pool can be a bit nippy.

Room Tip: If you enjoy swimming then ask for a room on the second floor that opens out to the pool. You can li...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
WestinC0ralGables, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Hello KBGA,

Thank you for your gift of feedback.We here at the Westin Colonnade are dedicated to making sure every guests experience is one to remember. We hope to see you again should your travels return you and your conference team to Miami. Be Well.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Nicely located near miracle mile. Upon arrival you must make it up a very narrow escalator to 2nd floor registration which is not a big deal unless u are lugging a sleeping 5 year old like I was (due to our circumstance we were guided to elevator down the hall & around the corner). Staff was pleasant and we were able to sneak a peek at a quinceanera that was taking place..fun! Here is the biggest downfall of the hotel...the walk to our room, it seemed to go on and on and on we almost felt like we were in a maze! If you have tired children or lots to carry or have older relatives with you make sure you ask for a room close to elevators. Our room 423 was big, more spacious than most, especially the bathroom. There is no balcony but that was not a deal breaker for us nor did we request one. The only downfall of the room was the air condition vent was covered with mold other than that the room was spotless (also there was a slight odor upon entering room possibly new carpet or poor choice of air freshener either way not a big deal). Lastly we enjoyed our stay at this Westin and will be making the long walk back to the lobby soon...at least it will burn off the extra calories we ate last night at Versailles Cuban Restaurant (which was DELICIOUS!!!!!).

Stayed November 2013
Hello Cyecye,

Thank you for feedback. We are delighted to hear that you had a good time with us at the Westin Colonnade. 423 is one of our lovely Double rooms. Should your travels bring you back to Miami, feel free to contact our Guest Relations Manager so that she may continue to see to the flawlessness of your next stay.
Istanbul, Turkey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel for 3 nights and was one of the worst business hotels I have been to. Food was provided as a part of the business event but was generally horrific.

Room was large and somewhat clean but even though there was a balcony, I lacked fresh air. They are selling the linen etc, who on earth would buy? Nothing fancy or a bit interesting.

TV, nothing for free. Why have 2 TVs in a room?

To end on a positive note: Coffee machine in the room, was the best thing ever. Proper Starbucks coffee right in your room.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Hello Evrim78, we would liek to offer our sincerest apologies. Your words help educate us about areas we need to improve on to help elevate our guests experiences. We hope that you will allow us to make the proper changes and be our guest again in the future. Should your travels bring you back to Miami, feel free to contact our Guest Relations Manager so that she may see to the flawlessness of your next stay. Be Well.

Been to The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables? Share your experiences!