“THE PERFECT PLACE TO RELAX IN COMFORT AND STYLE” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Coral Gables
Verona, Italy
“THE PERFECT PLACE TO RELAX IN COMFORT AND STYLE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

After my last 2 nights stay (May 3 and 4), I wish to update my previouis review posted on April 15 (and which was referred to an year 2012 stay).
The remark I made about breakfast which, in my judgement "needed to be improved", is to be cancelled now, because it has really been improved a lot, both in quantity, assortment of items and top quality of food: now I must say that breakfast there is terrific, one of the best in the world, at same level of the outstanding ones you are usually offered by the Luxury Collection Hotels!
Thanks to the Management for having made that possible.
I wish to reconfirm the excellence in service received by Reception staff and Bell Captain Humberto: their kindness made me and my family feel like being not in a hotel but in our home away from home...
We are looking forward to plan more stays there in the future and wish to say "thank you" again to everybody.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
WestinC0ralGables, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Hello Franco T,

Thank you for your updated review. I have passed this review on to Humbertos Manager and our GM so that we may recognize him for such amazing customer service skills. Should your travels bring you back to Miami, we would be more than happy to continue to be your home away from home!

Be Well,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Santiago de los Caballeros, Dominican Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Room was big, service was excellent and friendly. I recommend this hotel. I was going to buy shaving cream and razor and the clerk told me not to because hotel gives it for free.
There was also complimentary starbucks coffe and muffins in the lobby every morning.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Hello Edwin6926,
Thank you for your gift of feedback. We are delighted to hear that our front desk agent was able to provide you with your shaving necessities. Should your travels bring you back to Miami, we would be delighted to assist you in making your stay flawless.
Be Well
Puerto Rico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

The Colonnade is a nice hotel, Rooms are large and Clean. Bed are comfortable and the internet connection is at fair level. The personnel at the front desk is kind and professional, and the concierge, was really helpful.

The location is also very accommodating for guests as it is around a lot of bars, restaurants, and shopping stores. There is a Sushi Samba and a Mortons at the hotel, and there are also other great restaurants in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Ravenna, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

Nice size hotel with modern furniture. We were upgraded to a very spacious suite free of charge. It's in a safe location just south of the airport in the heart of Coral Gables. Our teenage sons were able to roam the area with no problems in the evenings. The outdoor was cold so we didn't get to use it. Breakfast was very good and met everyone's tastebuds. Only negative aspect is the hotel doesn't have parking so one must park in a private lot.

• Stayed December 2012
WestinC0ralGables, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Hello Civ26,

Thank you for your kind words. We are glad to hear you and your family had a relaxing stay with us. We here at the Westin Colonnade strive to make every guests stay as flawless as yours. Our valet team offers parking for a fee per day that will take away the stress of finding your own parking. Should your travels bring you back to Miami, we would be delighted to see you again to continue to assist in making great memories for you and your family. Be Well.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The employees service was excellent, the hotel was absolutely gorgeous, but somehow it was like someone singing Amazing Grace in the wrong key, make sense? There were no restaurants, not typical for a Westin, but the poolside room was awesome. I could literally wake up and jump straight in when I wanted. There was however a room service option, which still puzzles me with the no restaurant? but the prices were absolutely astronomical even to hotel room service standards. I'm sorry, but two adults eating eggs, bacon, and hash browns, and a child with a kids order of silver dollar pancakes and sausages......taxes, service charges, gratuities, ... $85.00...I could see for dinner, but breakfast? I also had more than one call down to the front desk over the housekeeping department. They seem to have a problem with that knocking before entering thing, and some of the baseboards and exhaust fans appeared they had not been tended to in a VERY LONG TIME! Like I said, very beautiful hotel, lot of hiccups!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool, they are even nice just to relax in the poolside couches if not...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Fairfield, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I've stayed at Westin hotels around the U.S. for business and they are consistently great. This is a nice hotel, but does not compare to many other Westins. The rooms are small and need updating. My room also had a musty/damp smell. I was going to ask for a different room but noticed the same smell was throughout the entire floor. It also lacks dining options. There is a good sushi restaurant below the hotel for dinner (Sushi Samba), but not exactly what I was looking for at breakfast time. As much as I like to stick with Westins, I'm going to try somewhere else next time I'm in Miami on business.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

BEWARE if you are a woman! I am posting this because the GM hasn't even had the decency to respond to my email addressing the issue- unacceptable. I checked into this hotel around 9PM, after finally falling asleep (note they have very thin walls) I was a woken by a man that came in my room at 11:45PM. As you can imagine, I screamed. He apologized and left abruptly. My heart pounded for a few minutes before I called the front desk. I made the man on the line aware of the situation and he just choked on his words. I said this was unacceptable and hung up. I am a single woman sleeping in a room where a man walked in – as you can imagine, my heart and mind raced with what if’s for the next 2 hours before I could fall back asleep. About 10 minutes after the incident the phone rang. It was the front desk and the man was telling me how the situation came about. He told me he accidentally keyed the room card with the wrong room. I was in room 311 and he should have been directed to Room 331 or something. He then said how about I give you 2000 points for the inconvenience and I hung up. I found that insulting that my security was worth 2000 points (that maybe covers free wi-fi?!) to his stupidity. I am sure many people check in at all hours of the evening. How can someone feel safe and that they aren’t “accidentally” going to key them into an already occupied room?! Do they not have systems or protocols even training in order to make sure this doesn’t happen? I would think that at least half of their reservations are for women and if we don’t feel safe, we wont be booking with your hotel in the future. So beware ladies and I suggest going somewhere else!

Room Tip: Ask for a bed that's away from the corridor...walls are thin and late night younger crowd loud i...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
WestinC0ralGables, General Manager at The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
I am deeply sorry to hear that an event may have altered your stay; we strive to make sure each guest’s stay is flawless. I have reviewed the circumstances which lead to occurrence during your stay and have met with our team to ensure there are no future occurrences of this nature.
We value your loyalty to the Starwood Preferred Guest program and we are committed to providing each guest with the highest level of service simply because our guests deserve the very best. Should your travels return to this area we hope that you will give us the opportunity to create an excellent guest experience. Please feel to contact our SPG Ambassador, Danirah Welch, dwelch@westincoralgables.com, or Josh Norris, Front Office Manager, jnorris@westincoralgables.com to assist you with the details of your next reservation with us. If you have any further questions, please feel free to reach out to me personally.

Best Regards,
Michael McMahon

Been to The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables? Share your experiences!