“Good location & service” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Coral Gables
Ravenna, Italy
“Good location & service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

Nice size hotel with modern furniture. We were upgraded to a very spacious suite free of charge. It's in a safe location just south of the airport in the heart of Coral Gables. Our teenage sons were able to roam the area with no problems in the evenings. The outdoor was cold so we didn't get to use it. Breakfast was very good and met everyone's tastebuds. Only negative aspect is the hotel doesn't have parking so one must park in a private lot.

• Stayed December 2012
WestinC0ralGables, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Hello Civ26,

Thank you for your kind words. We are glad to hear you and your family had a relaxing stay with us. We here at the Westin Colonnade strive to make every guests stay as flawless as yours. Our valet team offers parking for a fee per day that will take away the stress of finding your own parking. Should your travels bring you back to Miami, we would be delighted to see you again to continue to assist in making great memories for you and your family. Be Well.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The employees service was excellent, the hotel was absolutely gorgeous, but somehow it was like someone singing Amazing Grace in the wrong key, make sense? There were no restaurants, not typical for a Westin, but the poolside room was awesome. I could literally wake up and jump straight in when I wanted. There was however a room service option, which still puzzles me with the no restaurant? but the prices were absolutely astronomical even to hotel room service standards. I'm sorry, but two adults eating eggs, bacon, and hash browns, and a child with a kids order of silver dollar pancakes and sausages......taxes, service charges, gratuities, ... $85.00...I could see for dinner, but breakfast? I also had more than one call down to the front desk over the housekeeping department. They seem to have a problem with that knocking before entering thing, and some of the baseboards and exhaust fans appeared they had not been tended to in a VERY LONG TIME! Like I said, very beautiful hotel, lot of hiccups!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool, they are even nice just to relax in the poolside couches if not...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Fairfield, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I've stayed at Westin hotels around the U.S. for business and they are consistently great. This is a nice hotel, but does not compare to many other Westins. The rooms are small and need updating. My room also had a musty/damp smell. I was going to ask for a different room but noticed the same smell was throughout the entire floor. It also lacks dining options. There is a good sushi restaurant below the hotel for dinner (Sushi Samba), but not exactly what I was looking for at breakfast time. As much as I like to stick with Westins, I'm going to try somewhere else next time I'm in Miami on business.

Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

BEWARE if you are a woman! I am posting this because the GM hasn't even had the decency to respond to my email addressing the issue- unacceptable. I checked into this hotel around 9PM, after finally falling asleep (note they have very thin walls) I was a woken by a man that came in my room at 11:45PM. As you can imagine, I screamed. He apologized and left abruptly. My heart pounded for a few minutes before I called the front desk. I made the man on the line aware of the situation and he just choked on his words. I said this was unacceptable and hung up. I am a single woman sleeping in a room where a man walked in – as you can imagine, my heart and mind raced with what if’s for the next 2 hours before I could fall back asleep. About 10 minutes after the incident the phone rang. It was the front desk and the man was telling me how the situation came about. He told me he accidentally keyed the room card with the wrong room. I was in room 311 and he should have been directed to Room 331 or something. He then said how about I give you 2000 points for the inconvenience and I hung up. I found that insulting that my security was worth 2000 points (that maybe covers free wi-fi?!) to his stupidity. I am sure many people check in at all hours of the evening. How can someone feel safe and that they aren’t “accidentally” going to key them into an already occupied room?! Do they not have systems or protocols even training in order to make sure this doesn’t happen? I would think that at least half of their reservations are for women and if we don’t feel safe, we wont be booking with your hotel in the future. So beware ladies and I suggest going somewhere else!

Room Tip: Ask for a bed that's away from the corridor...walls are thin and late night younger crowd loud i...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
WestinC0ralGables, General Manager at The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
I am deeply sorry to hear that an event may have altered your stay; we strive to make sure each guest’s stay is flawless. I have reviewed the circumstances which lead to occurrence during your stay and have met with our team to ensure there are no future occurrences of this nature.
We value your loyalty to the Starwood Preferred Guest program and we are committed to providing each guest with the highest level of service simply because our guests deserve the very best. Should your travels return to this area we hope that you will give us the opportunity to create an excellent guest experience. Please feel to contact our SPG Ambassador, Danirah Welch, dwelch@westincoralgables.com, or Josh Norris, Front Office Manager, jnorris@westincoralgables.com to assist you with the details of your next reservation with us. If you have any further questions, please feel free to reach out to me personally.

Best Regards,
Michael McMahon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

The standard is certainly below Westin quality. The hotel needs a major facelift. We were staying for a family wedding and I was able to get a much better rate on my own rather than the group rate. Even the wedding party cancelled their original "special group" rate to get a reduced rate on-line. More than that, there were only 2 working elevators to get to the rooms and we waited for nearly 30 minutes going up and down as every time it stopped, the elevator was full. Despite profuse apologies from the management at check out, the damage was done. It was a frustrating experience.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
WestinC0ralGables, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Hello Kym S,

Thank you for your gift of feedback. We hope your family wedding was flawless. We apologize for any inconvenience, we here at the Westin Colonnade strive to make all of our guest feel as comfortable as possible. Should your travels bring you back to Miami, we hope to see you again and allow us to elevate your stay to its highest potential.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Your standard Westin service/rooms, but, unlike standard Westin, the crowd is younger and more touristy. So, get used to 2AM running in the corridors. Sushi-samba restaurant is at the moment the only dining option I think - there's much better sushi (and other Japanese fare) across the street at Izakaya.

Room Tip: Go as far away from the elevators as possible
Hello Nmnj88,

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for any disruptive noise your expereinced during your stay. Our front desk staff is available 24 hours a day to calm and disturbances you may experience. In SUSHISAMBA, our newest addition to The Westin Colonnade, you will find a unique blend of Japanese, Brazilian and Peruvian cuisine, music and design. Should your travels bring you back to Miami, we would be delighted to welcome you back to elevate your stay and inspire you.

Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

The Hotel is very nice, rooms were clean and comfortable. Service was not as good as another hotel I have stayed at in the area. The housekeeping staff was wonderful, and the woman working outside at the parking desk was very helpful, although I do not remember her name. This hotel has a great location, but as far as service goes, it could take a few lessons from one of its close competitors.

Hello Lakefront,

Thank you for your kind words! We here at the Westin Colonnade strive to make every guest feel as tranquil as possible. I have passed your kind words along to the proper management as a key to empowering our great staff. Should your travels bring you back to Miami, we would be delighted to assist your in making great memories.

Be Well,

Been to The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables? Share your experiences!