“Nice Beds” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 11 hotels in Coral Gables
Port Charlotte, Florida
“Nice Beds”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

The service was average. I had to wait 10 mins to check-in although I was next in line. The front desk agent was not even apologetic. My room was clean thank God. I think this hotel is over rated because of its location. The only person that acknowleged me with warm hospitality was the Asian chef/cook at breakfast. I expected more i guess.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

471 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Dominican Republic
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I was here for a conference. The room was very nice, although the bathroom very small and the lightning could be better. I got complementary internet when I checked in, maybe because of the conference. And got a voucher for the nights I didn't need a change of linnens, I think this is very good motivator to stay eco friendly.
All staff was very friendly and we were lucky to experience the opening of a new sushi restaurant they have downstairs.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

I was in Coral Cables for a one week business trip and was happy to find a SPG hotel near my office. Upon checking in they noticed that while I was solo, my room had double beds (that was the only option available in the booking system I used), the staff upgraded me to a mini suite. The room was big, had two TVs and a nice desk for me to work at. Plus a big bureau for me to put my clothes.

During my first evening I heard a knock in my door and received free chocolate covered strawberries as a welcome (!!!). It was great!

I love staying at Westins and this one did not disappoint. Also, there is a Starbucks and a self-service soft serve place right around the corner :)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

This was a return trip for me while attending my son's graduation from UM...this time did not dissapoint and it was a terrific stay. The staff from beginning to end did a fantastic job; wonderful customer service and very cheerful!! We had extended family along so we actually had a group of 5 rooms and not one of us had any complaints regarding our room, beds, cleanliness, etc.
I note that although the fitness has been up dated since my last stay I did feel they could have a little more in terms of variety in regard to the weights, etc. but I didn't come to "stay" fit, although i did feel it was adequate...The only glitch we encountered was that there was no towels at the pool one afternoon...after a call down to request some they eventually brought some new ones.
If in the area again I would most definetly stay here again!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
WestinC0ralGables, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Hello KalamataPa,

Thank you so much for such kind reviews on our staff and hotel. Experiences like yours are the ones that not only elevate our staff but allow us to elevate our guests so that they too leave with such great things to say such as yourself. If your travels should ever bring you back to Miami, we would be delighted to welcome you right back to the Westin Colonnade.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

The Westin in Coral Gables - Miami was perfect for the 3 nights stayed. It is very centrally located, you could actually walk down Miracle Mile for dinner or lunch to all types of restaurants. The service the hotel staff provided was excellent. We received a large room with direct access to the pool. Very nicely kept and maintained.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Laguna Niguel, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

We spent one night at the Colonnade before departing on a cruise. The location was perfect, short walk to shops and restaurants. Staff was terrific, providing suggestions for restaurants and printed walking instructions. The room was very large, clean, and nicely furnished. We'd stay at the Colonnade again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello RetiredOCSD,

Thank you for your amazingly kind words. It is reviews like yours that keep us motivated to elevate our guests experiences. We would be delighted to see you again should your travels bring you back to Miami.

Glen Cove, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Centrally located in Coral Gables with a great staff, the hotel is tired. Apparently, they are in the process of renovating starting with the 5th Floor. Pool area nothing special but will do for entertaining little kids or catching some sun. Gym was closed due to renovation. Self-parking is more costly than valet parking so use the very friendly valets. The best thing about this hotel is the staff - extremely friendly, helpful and forthcoming. The room renovations are overdue. Buffeet breakfast is overpriced and lacks quality. One person making eggs for everyone...there are several nice cafes and restaurants in the neighborhood that offer better value for the money.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on the 5th floor where renovations have begun.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hello Monika456,

Thank you for staying with us at the Westin Colonnade. Thank you for your kind words about our staff. We truly enjoy elevating our guests stay and strive to see to it that every guest feels refreshed. Since your stay we have completed renovations on the Westin Gym and are fully stocked in our Westin Workout Gear. We hope that to see you with us if your travels should ever bring you back to Miami.

Be Well,

Been to The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables? Share your experiences!