“My Home Away from Home” 5 of 5 stars

Book Early and Save
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Coral Gables
“My Home Away from Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

Work brings me to Miami nearly on a weekly basis and this is where I CHOOSE to stay. It's a lovely hotel in a beautiful part of the city. Coral Gables has a bounty of restaurants and shopping all within walking distance of this Westin...but that's not why I stay at this particular hotel. I stay here because of the excellent service. It starts when you pull in and get greeted by Chris or any of the other valets at the front door. Then comes the personalized check-in experience provided by Kathy or Juan or anyone else at the front desk. I could name them all, but there's a 200 character limit for these reviews. And they all know my name. I am truly treated like a family member and I don't think it's just because I stay often because I see them being nice to the other guests as well. All the time, actually. The reason I stay often IS the SERVICE. It's a very nice hotel in a very nice part of town, but the people here are beautiful.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
WestinC0ralGables, Manager at The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Bjaf,
Thank you for writing such a glowing review. We appreciate your comments on the level of service you’ve received from our entire staff. I’m delighted to hear that you enjoy our proximity to the many shops and restaurants and what the City of Coral Gables has to offer. Thank you for making us your “Home Away from Home”, we definitely appreciate your Loyalty and we are honored to have you as our guest. We look forward to welcoming you the next time your travels bring you back to Coral Gables!
Be Well,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Overall a nice hotel based on location and amenities. We only stayed one night there on our trip so my comments are based on this.

Check-in: Friendly and efficient, no issue.

Room: Big and ok in general, but bathroom needed some updates and had a few tiny ants around the toilet. I wiped them up and didn't see any more the next morning. Could have been the climate, the area, etc. We were too tired to move to request a different room

Bar: We arrived late and were looking for a beer before going to bed. Bar was deserted and had silly kids cartoons on the tv with no way to turn it off. We had a drink and left.

Breakfast: Excellent. The buffet, the service and the selection was great. Certainly a nice start of the day. O-Juice was especially refreshing.

Noise: That was the only really issue we had with the room. Seems our room was located close to the service elevator or some other noise source. Until 11:30 pm there was a constant starting and stopping of electric motors (sometimes it sounded like drills, sometimes like elevators). Then there was (or so it seemed ) moving of tables and chairs (ballroom/conference room rearranging ?) until about 11:30 pm. After that it stopped and it was peaceful and quiet.
Again, if we wouldn't have been so tired, I would have asked for a different room.

Hospitality was great overall.

Room Tip: stay away from ball room
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
WestinC0ralGables, Manager at The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear gcto20,
Thank you for your review and the comments about our staff professionalism and service. I’m glad that you liked our excellent breakfast buffet. I’m sorry to hear that you had issues with the noise, ants in the room and the TV by the Bar. I have spoken with our Management Team and we will take the necessary action and utilize your shared experience to enhance our service. We value your loyalty very much, please reach out to me directly at rsoto@westincoralgables.com, I will personally ensure your next visit is a refreshing one.
Nashua
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying at the Westin Colonnade at the end of February.
From the time we checked in until we left, we received exceptional service. The front desk staff was so helpful explaining the hotel, the surrounding area and even giving me a needle and thread when I needed one! We were given excellent advice on the local tours and the staff even asked us if we enjoyed ourselves the following day! Staying in the townhouse over looking the pool was such a treat. I highly recommend this beautiful hotel and look forward to staying there again.

Room Tip: Enjoyed staying in the townhouse.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Kathy O,
Thank you for your positive review. I’m delighted to hear that you liked our Bi-Level Suite, and the view of the pool. I am glad that you got to experience what the City of Coral Gables has to offer. We sincerely appreciate your comments on the level of service you received from our staff, which will be shared with our team. We hope to see you again very soon at the Westin Colonnade Coral Gables Hotel on your next visit.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I stayed here in January on a business trip for four nights. The room I had was a good size with a nice seating area. The bathroom was a bit tired and the shower did not work well ( cold and weak ). The wifi was good and worked well. The staff in the hotel were very helpful and efficient. The food for such a large hotel was great with a great selection. Overall a great hotel that I would be happy to come back to.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
WestinC0ralGables, Manager at The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear Busybusygirl,
We want to thank you for your great comments regarding our Hotel, food, Staff and their service. It’s always a pleasure to welcoming you when your travels bring you back to the Westin Coral Gables.
Marina del Rey, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I was traveling for business and wanted a Starwood near the Miami airport. I was very happy fo find Five star service at this Westin. Pretty property and I recommend a courtyard room. The staff goes to great lengths to make your stay comfortable. I will be back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
WestinC0ralGables, Manager at The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear Kathryn W,
We want to thank you for your great comments regarding the Hotel and the service from our staff. We are looking forward to welcoming you when your travels bring you back, for buisness or pleasure to the Westin Coral Gables.
Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Very nice historic hotel, nice service, nice location. They are extremelly careful to keep the noise down. Considering that there is renovation going on and parties always all weekend, this is remarkable. If possible: stay at prefered guest level. They even provide gym stuff for you, if needed ... No excuses :)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
WestinC0ralGables, Manager at The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear Vivian M,
We want to thank you for your great comments regarding our Westin Colonnade Hotel. We are looking forward to welcoming you when your travels bring you back to the Westin Coral Gables.
Roswell, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Westin in Coral Gables is in a wonderful area; locally owned restaurants and boutiques within walking distance. The hotel is beautiful. My room was comfy, as one would expect from a Westin. The room was large "L" shaped; with a separate sitting area, desk and bedroom area. Everything is clean and in great shape. The bathroom is a decent size; heavenly shower and granite countertops, everything in working order.

I ordered breakfast; typical fare for a Westin, and typical expensive, $26 for two eggs, bacon, toast, and potatoes. Arrived on time and was still hot.

Service at the front desk was great, very helpful staff.

The negative is that the hotel is alongside an alley that borders the back entrances to the shops, so I was awakened at 3:00AM with dump trucks emptying bins. This lasted almost an hour; the 'beeping' of the backup, and the 'bang bang bang' of emptying the bin. It is also difficult to find the front desk... but once you get there, you're all set.

Room Tip: Be sure to request a room that does not border the alley. They need to negotiate a later garbage pi...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
WestinC0ralGables, Manager at The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear indianatraveller
We thank you for your kind review regarding our Westin Colonnade Hotel. I’m glad that you enjoyed the deluxe room, our Heavenly bed and Heavenly Shower. Our Team takes pride in ensuring our guests are able to relax and unwind in our beautiful accommodations while enjoying all that the Coral Gables area has to offer. Please reach out to me directly at Rsoto@westincoralgables.com and I will personally ensure your next visit is a refreshing one. Thanks again for your gift of feedback and we will look forward to welcoming you back!
Be Well,

Been to The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables? Share your experiences!