“A good efficient hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 11 hotels in Coral Gables
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“A good efficient hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I stayed here in January on a business trip for four nights. The room I had was a good size with a nice seating area. The bathroom was a bit tired and the shower did not work well ( cold and weak ). The wifi was good and worked well. The staff in the hotel were very helpful and efficient. The food for such a large hotel was great with a great selection. Overall a great hotel that I would be happy to come back to.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
WestinC0ralGables, Manager at The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear Busybusygirl,
We want to thank you for your great comments regarding our Hotel, food, Staff and their service. It’s always a pleasure to welcoming you when your travels bring you back to the Westin Coral Gables.

487 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Marina del Rey, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I was traveling for business and wanted a Starwood near the Miami airport. I was very happy fo find Five star service at this Westin. Pretty property and I recommend a courtyard room. The staff goes to great lengths to make your stay comfortable. I will be back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
WestinC0ralGables, Manager at The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear Kathryn W,
We want to thank you for your great comments regarding the Hotel and the service from our staff. We are looking forward to welcoming you when your travels bring you back, for buisness or pleasure to the Westin Coral Gables.
Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Very nice historic hotel, nice service, nice location. They are extremelly careful to keep the noise down. Considering that there is renovation going on and parties always all weekend, this is remarkable. If possible: stay at prefered guest level. They even provide gym stuff for you, if needed ... No excuses :)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
WestinC0ralGables, Manager at The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear Vivian M,
We want to thank you for your great comments regarding our Westin Colonnade Hotel. We are looking forward to welcoming you when your travels bring you back to the Westin Coral Gables.
Roswell, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Westin in Coral Gables is in a wonderful area; locally owned restaurants and boutiques within walking distance. The hotel is beautiful. My room was comfy, as one would expect from a Westin. The room was large "L" shaped; with a separate sitting area, desk and bedroom area. Everything is clean and in great shape. The bathroom is a decent size; heavenly shower and granite countertops, everything in working order.

I ordered breakfast; typical fare for a Westin, and typical expensive, $26 for two eggs, bacon, toast, and potatoes. Arrived on time and was still hot.

Service at the front desk was great, very helpful staff.

The negative is that the hotel is alongside an alley that borders the back entrances to the shops, so I was awakened at 3:00AM with dump trucks emptying bins. This lasted almost an hour; the 'beeping' of the backup, and the 'bang bang bang' of emptying the bin. It is also difficult to find the front desk... but once you get there, you're all set.

Room Tip: Be sure to request a room that does not border the alley. They need to negotiate a later garbage pi...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
WestinC0ralGables, Manager at The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear indianatraveller
We thank you for your kind review regarding our Westin Colonnade Hotel. I’m glad that you enjoyed the deluxe room, our Heavenly bed and Heavenly Shower. Our Team takes pride in ensuring our guests are able to relax and unwind in our beautiful accommodations while enjoying all that the Coral Gables area has to offer. Please reach out to me directly at Rsoto@westincoralgables.com and I will personally ensure your next visit is a refreshing one. Thanks again for your gift of feedback and we will look forward to welcoming you back!
Cairo, Egypt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I was on a business trip and stayed at this hotel. Getting to reception means asking as it isnt clear. The rooms are good. Location is convenient. Coffee in the rooms is handy. Service is average - I had a few issues and the front desk team wasn't very keen on solving this issues.
Menu is limited in the restaurant.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
WestinC0ralGables, Manager at The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Nerry_Luvs_Travel,
Thank you for your review. Although it’s not great to hear that you had issues with your stay we appreciate your feedback which allows us to improve. My apologies for the inconveniences you encountered while staying with us. If your travels should ever return us to our hotel please feel free to contact me so I may personally see to the flawlessness of your stay.
Springfield, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Although I only had one night at the Westin, I wished I could have stayed longer. The room was wonderful - very spacious, with a separate sitting area and a generously sized bathroom. The real standout, however, was the incredible staff. Everyone I interacted with was friendly and attentive, and while I didn't need much on this visit, I know any need I had would be met by this exceptional staff. I hope to visit again on a future trip to the Miami area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
WestinC0ralGables, Manager at The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear AmandaG,
We sincerely appreciate your comments on the level of service you received from our staff, which will be shared with our team. I’m glad you liked our spacious rooms. We hope to see you again very soon at the Westin Colonnade Hotel when your travels brings you to the Coral Gables Area.
Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

We are just checking out of the Westin after 5 nights in this city where we came to attend a friend´s wedding held in Key Biscayne. We felt very much at home in a great room (with plenty of space for all the shopping which we , as all brasilians , love to do in Miami. besides a great night sleep everyday we truly enjoyed the great buffet breakfast. We recomend.

Room Tip: If you are not specifically coming to Miami for the beach , this is a great choice
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear JoaoNagy,
Thank you for your kind review. I’m glad that you enjoy your stay with us. It was a true pleasure to have you as our guest. We hope to see you again very soon at the Westin Colonnade Hotel on your next visit.
Be Well,

Been to The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables? Share your experiences!