“Consistently Wonderful” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Coral Gables
Barbados
“Consistently Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We've stayed at the Westin Colonnade five times and always find it a wonderful experience. The beds are dreamy-comfortable, the staff really nice, the food good .... and we love the location for both business and pleasure travel.

We really enjoy Tarpon Bend Restaurant just down the street, productions at the Miracle Theater, movies and art at the Coral Gables Museum, Books & Books (where on one night we were there a wonderful jazz band played in the courtyard as we enjoyed a late-night snack and drink).

The mettle of the staff was tested on our last visit (mid-January 2013) when I left my iPad in the room. I didn't realize it was missing until we were just boarding flight home. Given the quality of the staff, I knew it would be safe.

Immediately upon my realization I had left it behind, my husband called the hotel spoke with Rachel Guerra at the front desk, who coordinated with housekeeping supervisor Maggie Flores, to locate my iPad and ship it back to us. We live outside the US and provided our address and our FedEx account # ... they did the rest and were as gracious and efficient as could be. My iPad is safely home with me now.

My husband has business in Miami in February and has booked a week at the Westin Colonnade. I will join him his last two nights there. We look forward to our sixth stay.

PS Four-legged guests are welcome, too!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
WestinC0ralGables, Manager at The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear PlanetBarbados,
Thank you for your review, and the nice comments regarding our great staff, especially Rachel Guerra and Maggie Flores, I will pass the information to our Management team. I’m pleased to hear that your iPad was recovered and returned to you efficiently. I’m glad you had a pleasant stay with us, and enjoyed our proximity to the many restaurants and shops. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon if your travels brings you to the Coral Gables Area.
Be Well,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Crosslake, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We loved this hotel and will stay there again when we go to Miami. It is close to the airport and located right by the Miracle Mile. We found lots of fun bars and great restaurants within a couple of blocks of the hotel. The staff was great to deal with and very helpful. The workout facility and outdoor pool were great. Our room had a small balcony which was a bonus. We'll be back!

Dear CLbeerguy,
Thank you for your kind review. We appreciate your comments on the level of service you received from our staff. I’m glad you had a nice stay with us and enjoyed our proximity to the many restaurants and shops. We look forward to your next stay here at the Westin Colonnade Coral gables.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

We spent the weekend at this hotel looking for a nice, comfortable place to stay while visiting for a University of Miami vs University of Maryland Basketball game...the place was wonderful!
The welcome from the Valet and Front Desk was warm - making you feel like they were expecting you and looking forward to your stay. All employees we came in contact with were helpful and seemed to truly understand what hospitality is all about. Starwood does a great job in training their staff.
Although there were weddings throughout the weekend - they were not at all intrusive with the non-wedding guests (they did a lovely job!).
Next time in Coral Gables, we will definitely stay at the Westin Colonnade!

Dear dsherm1,
We want to thank you for your great comments regarding the Hotel and the service from our staff, which will be shared with our team. We hope to see you again very soon at the Westin Colonnade Hotel on your next visit.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables was awesome! The front desk staff was helpful and friendly the concierge was attentive - but not too much. The rooms were awesome - sitting room downstairs and then a spiral staircase up to the sleeping area and bathroom - I felt like a princess! I will stay here whenever I have a trip to Miami - I was sorry to only have the room booked for one night this weekend!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Kim1028
Thank you for your kind review about our customer service and our front desk staff. I’m delighted to hear that you enjoyed your Bi- Level suite. We look forward to make your next visit with us a memorable one. We hope to see you again very soon at the Westin Colonnade Hotel.
Grand Cayman
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I give the staff commendations for good service, but the hotel lobby, restaurant and rooms were too cold. Top that off with a luke warm shower and it wasn't a pleasant stay. Housekeeping staff were quite loud in the hallway and knocked on the door twice in the morning before we checked out. Internet connection was inconsistent.

The Front Desk staff, parking and concierge were all good, courteous and polite. Our bill was adjusted for the lack of hot water and sporadic internet connection.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
WestinC0ralGables, Manager at The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear Debannie,
I want to thank you so much for taking the time to write a review and for your kind comments about our Front Desk, Parking and Concierge staff. I’m so sorry to hear that your stay was any less than our # 1 goal, which is to not only meet, but exceed your expectations. With your comments I will be going back to my management team so we can utilize to improve upon the service we strive to provide.
If your travels should ever return us to our hotel please feel free to contact me at rsoto@westincoralgables.com so I may personally see to the flawlessness of your stay.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I stayed here for 6 nights for a business trip. When I arrived everyone was very helpful, especially the front desk, and I had no trouble checking in. My room was very nice and had a small balcony with a table and chairs which I enjoyed a lot (note: I don't think all rooms have terraces/balconies). I also enjoyed relaxing outside by the pool; there are a lot of comfy chairs and the view is nice.
If I had to say some pros and cons:
Pros
- Maid service is awesome! They did a fabulous job of cleaning my room; they even organized my messy pile of shoes :)
- All the staff were very friendly and helpful
- Close to the Miami airport and near Miracle Mile shopping
Cons
- Not near the beach =(
- The pool is great but the "hot" part of the hot tub/whirlpool was broken, so it was only a tiny tiny bit warmer than the pool. It was a little chilly in January so I didn't get to swim as much as I would have liked to.
- Conference rooms were FREEEEEZZZINNG
- I had one small problem with my wake up calls; it was eventually fixed when I complained to the front desk but it took 3 days of missed wake-up calls to get it straight

Overall though my "cons" are very small. I would definitely stay here again and it was a nice place to spend almost a week.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Lindsay B,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I’m delighted to hear that your stay was a relaxing one, and that you enjoyed the pool and the balcony in your room. We appreciate your comments on the level of service you received from our staff it will be shared with our team. I do apologize for the temperature of the pool, the conference rooms and the wakeup call. . I have spoken with our Management Team and we will take the necessary action and utilize your shared experience to enhance our service. We value your loyalty very much, please reach out to me directly at rsoto@westincoralgables.com, I will personally ensure your next visit is a refreshing one.
orlando
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Traveled to Coral Gables for work recently and stayed at this lovely hotel. I valet parked my car with no problem and my luggage and work materials were whisked away by a bellman. Check in was easy-peasy. I was greeted on my way to the elevator with a glass of champagne and the bellman with my luggage. My room was clean and comfortable. You cannot beat the rates. I had a lovely balcony--unfortunately, I arrived after dark and had to work the whole next day so I wasn't able to enjoy it. My room location it wasn't exactly quiet as I was near the service elevators and the gym entrance. Also, at one point, some irresponsible parents decided it would be fun for the other patrons to enjoy the sounds of their children screaming and running in the hallway--this is not the hotel's fault. The sound of the elevators didn't disturb my sleep but the very busy and important gentleman having a loud cell phone chat outside of the gym at 530am did. I was able to snuggle back down into my very comfortable bed until it was time to arise. Once I was packed up, a bellman arrived immediately after my call and my car was ready. All in all a fantastic stay and I will be back again, probably requesting the same room and arriving earlier so I can enjoy the fab balcony.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
WestinC0ralGables, Manager at The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear Solotravelergirl9,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review. I’m delighted to hear that you enjoy your stay with us. We sincerely appreciate your comments on the level of service you received from our staff, which will be shared with our team. We are so happy that The Westin Colonnade Hotel is at the top of your list due to the constant quality and service.
We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Miami!
Be Well,

Been to The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables? Share your experiences!