“Overall nice stay and would come again” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #4 of 11 hotels in Coral Gables
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Overall nice stay and would come again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I stayed here for 6 nights for a business trip. When I arrived everyone was very helpful, especially the front desk, and I had no trouble checking in. My room was very nice and had a small balcony with a table and chairs which I enjoyed a lot (note: I don't think all rooms have terraces/balconies). I also enjoyed relaxing outside by the pool; there are a lot of comfy chairs and the view is nice.
If I had to say some pros and cons:
Pros
- Maid service is awesome! They did a fabulous job of cleaning my room; they even organized my messy pile of shoes :)
- All the staff were very friendly and helpful
- Close to the Miami airport and near Miracle Mile shopping
Cons
- Not near the beach =(
- The pool is great but the "hot" part of the hot tub/whirlpool was broken, so it was only a tiny tiny bit warmer than the pool. It was a little chilly in January so I didn't get to swim as much as I would have liked to.
- Conference rooms were FREEEEEZZZINNG
- I had one small problem with my wake up calls; it was eventually fixed when I complained to the front desk but it took 3 days of missed wake-up calls to get it straight

Overall though my "cons" are very small. I would definitely stay here again and it was a nice place to spend almost a week.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
WestinC0ralGables, Manager at The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear Lindsay B,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I’m delighted to hear that your stay was a relaxing one, and that you enjoyed the pool and the balcony in your room. We appreciate your comments on the level of service you received from our staff it will be shared with our team. I do apologize for the temperature of the pool, the conference rooms and the wakeup call. . I have spoken with our Management Team and we will take the necessary action and utilize your shared experience to enhance our service. We value your loyalty very much, please reach out to me directly at rsoto@westincoralgables.com, I will personally ensure your next visit is a refreshing one.

475 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
orlando
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Traveled to Coral Gables for work recently and stayed at this lovely hotel. I valet parked my car with no problem and my luggage and work materials were whisked away by a bellman. Check in was easy-peasy. I was greeted on my way to the elevator with a glass of champagne and the bellman with my luggage. My room was clean and comfortable. You cannot beat the rates. I had a lovely balcony--unfortunately, I arrived after dark and had to work the whole next day so I wasn't able to enjoy it. My room location it wasn't exactly quiet as I was near the service elevators and the gym entrance. Also, at one point, some irresponsible parents decided it would be fun for the other patrons to enjoy the sounds of their children screaming and running in the hallway--this is not the hotel's fault. The sound of the elevators didn't disturb my sleep but the very busy and important gentleman having a loud cell phone chat outside of the gym at 530am did. I was able to snuggle back down into my very comfortable bed until it was time to arise. Once I was packed up, a bellman arrived immediately after my call and my car was ready. All in all a fantastic stay and I will be back again, probably requesting the same room and arriving earlier so I can enjoy the fab balcony.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
WestinC0ralGables, Manager at The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear Solotravelergirl9,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review. I’m delighted to hear that you enjoy your stay with us. We sincerely appreciate your comments on the level of service you received from our staff, which will be shared with our team. We are so happy that The Westin Colonnade Hotel is at the top of your list due to the constant quality and service.
We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Miami!
West Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night. We had a one bed jr suite (with a couch). The room was spacious, nice view of the city from the 5th floor. The hotel being right in a business district makes it very charming. Many dining options are within walking distance, cab ride or driving distance. local shopping is nearby as well. We saw a weeding on a Sunday night, it was very nice and romantic. The apples by the front desk are very nice.

The only downsides to the stay were that this Westin does not offer complimentary wifi in the rooms, only in the lobby. We did not gave robes in our room, we would have called from our room but the phone didn't work. We told the front desk and they apologized.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear D Meek,
Thank you for your kind review. I’m glad you enjoyed our proximity to the many restaurants, the spacious room and our Heavenly Bed. Our Internet is reasonable for our area and still lower than other hotels. Please contact me personally when your travels bring you back to Coral Gables to make your stay a memorable one.
Huntsville, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Our first room was horrible and infested with ants. The room they moved us to was not much better. The toilet and air conditioner were both constantly running, even when we set the air at 85. The front desk was sorry and said that they would "look into it". Nothing ever came of that.
Also even though this Westin advertises that they have the Heavenly Bed and Bath collections, they don't. We had nasty scratchy towels and a hard, uncomfortable bed.
We stopped at hotels on the way to and home from Miami that were both less than half the price and significantly better experiences. It is definitely NOT worth more than the $40 you would pay at some other bug infested Motel 6.

Dear Elizabeth H
I want to thank you for your review and share the gift of feedback regarding your most recent stay at the Westin Colonnade Coral Gables. I was so sorry to hear your stay was any less than our # 1 goal, which is to not only meet, but exceed your expectations. With your comments I will be going back to my management team so we can utilize to improve upon the service we strive to provide.
If your travels should ever returns to our hotel please feel free to contact me so I may personally see to the flawlessness of your stay.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We stayed in this hotel on New Year's eve and we truly enjoyed our stay here even though we only stayed for a night.
Location is great, hotel is beautiful and clean, staffs are friendly and room is bid and spacious.
Unfortunately we did not have time to explore and use the hotel facilities.
The only downside in my opinion is that the hotel does not provide free internet or wifi.
Overall, we are happy and satisfied with the service provided

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
WestinC0ralGables, Manager at The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear Hychong16,
Thank you for writing such a glowing review and for your kind comments about our Staff. I’m glad that you enjoyed New Year’s Eve in our Hotel and that you liked your spacious room. We do offer complementary internet in the lobby area for our guest conveniences. We are looking forward to welcoming you back if your travels bring you back to the Westin Coral Gables Hotel.
Be well,
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We only stayed one night here before going on a cruise the next day, but it was very, very nice. The front desk staff were really helpful and kind. They always had fruit-infused water in the lobby, which was refreshing and just a classy touch. Super comfortable bed and nice sheets. Our room was clean, roomy, and fully stocked. The best part of our stay was easily the breakfast. We had the chance to add breakfast to our stay in advance at a discount when we booked the hotel, which was convenient and we appreciated the savings. The food was delicious! They had a great assortment of exotic fruits, hot foods like hash browns and bacon, and these really tasty mini cinnamon rolls. The coffee was a bit too strong for my taste but overall a nice meal and we felt like we got enough protein and substance to make it well into the day (not easy for a hotel breakfast!).

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
WestinC0ralGables, Manager at The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Whitney S,
We appreciate your kind comments about our customer service and our front desk staff. Our goal is to strive for you to leave here more refreshed than you arrived. I’m delighted to hear that your stay was a refreshing one, and that you enjoyed our delicious food in Aragon 1862 Restaurant, our fruit-infused Elixir water by the lobby and the comfort of your room. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Coral Gables!
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Although it was older than most of the Westin's I've stayed in previously, it was beautiful. One of the nights we got to see a wedding that was simply stunning. We had hoped to try the new restaurant but it has yet to open. The valet guys said it was running behind schedule but it would be opening soon. I got to talk with Ryan while Arturo brought around my car, both very nice and quick. This was probably one of the nicest hotels in Miami, very clean and in a nice area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
WestinC0ralGables, Manager at The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear Emma L,
Thank you for your positive review and mentioning Arturo and Ryan. We truly enjoy offering our guests exceptional service and care during their stay. The Hotel is designed to incorporate the luxury of time past, along with modern luxuries of today. Sushi Samba will be opening soon and it will be a great access to our Hotel for our guest. We look forward to your next stay here with us at the Westin Colonnade Coral Gables.
Be Well,

Been to The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables? Share your experiences!