“Westin Colonnade Coral Gables” 5 of 5 stars

Book Early and Save
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Coral Gables
GreenLeadersBronze level
New York City, New York
“Westin Colonnade Coral Gables”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

I was visiting the Westin coral gables for a holiday party and the place was spectacular. Everyone from banquets and valet was superb. Couldn’t find better staff like this anywhere else. I was very content with everything that was offered in the hotel. I am from New York, and it doesnt get better than New York, But Miami has their crown jewel with the Westin.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
WestinC0ralGables, Manager at The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Dear Steve r,
Thank you for your kind comments and glad to hear you had a spectacular stay with us. We sincerely appreciate your comments on the service you received from Banquets and Valet, which will be shared with our team. We look forward to welcoming you back soon to the Westin Colonnade in Coral Gables.

Alamo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

We had 2great nights there. Service was great. Our room was clean with the Westin heavenly bed. Only small negatives. Hallways were freezing. This hotel is a wedding hotel and the speakers in the colonnade room were too loud.

• Stayed November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
WestinC0ralGables, Manager at The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
Dear BillS554,
We sincerely appreciate your comments on the level of service you received from our staff, the comfort of our Heavenly Westin Bed, and the beautifull and unusual layout. Although it’s not great to hear that you had issues with your stay we appreciate your feedback which allows us to improve. My apologies for the inconveniences you encountered with the Hallways being cold and the noise coming from the Colonnade Ballroom. We hope to see you again very soon at the Westin Colonnade Hotel on your next visit.
Brooklyn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

My family and I enjoyed our stay at the Westin, after we cambe from a cruise, our rooms was available earlier than checkin time. The rooms were very clean, the staff was very helpful, especially when I needed help repacking fragile items that had to go in my suitcase. It was a nice well rested transitional time.

Room Tip: I was in a far end room, but the whole building seems to be very quiet.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
WestinC0ralGables, Manager at The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Dear Decisivelady,
Thank you for your kind review, I’m glad that you and your family enjoyed the room and the service from our staff. I will pass the information to our Management team. Hope you and your family will stay with us again in the future, if your travels bring you to the Coral Gables area.
Be well,
Bayonne, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I stayed her for a day and a half. There were plenty of shops and restaurants near the hotel. The staff are very friendly and accommodating. They even had the coolest little welcome sign with water and pet treats for quest staying with their pets. The pet's names were written on the small board outside the hotel. The rooms are a bit dated, the carpet could be changed but the beds were very comfortable. The wi fi is slow in the upper levels of the hotel.

Room Tip: There are plenty of restaurants nearby. If you are a platinum member, take the points instead of th...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
WestinC0ralGables, Manager at The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables, responded to this review, December 15, 2012
Dear Whslc,
We sincerely appreciate your kind comments on the level of service you received from our staff, which will be shared with our team. I’m glad that you liked our Pet Board at the entrance of our Hotel and our location. We hope to see you again very soon at the Westin Colonnade Hotel on your next visit.
CT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

This is my third stay here in the last month. Super friendly and professional staff. I just can't get over both what they try and charge you for wireless ($12.95 for normal or $18.95 for a "premium" connection). Seriously? The worst part of that is each time I have a actually paid for it, it never works. Hey Westin, the 1990's called, they want there pay for bad wireless plan back.

Fix that policy and the service and I'll return. Otherwise, I'm out.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
WestinC0ralGables, Manager at The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables, responded to this review, December 2, 2012
Dear Saltwhistler11,
Thank you for your review and the comments about our staff professionalism and service. I’m sorry to hear that you had issues with the wireless internet. I have spoken with our Management Team and we will take the necessary action and utilize your shared experience to enhance our service. We value your loyalty very much, please reach out to me directly at rsoto@westincoralgables.com, I will personally ensure your next visit is a refreshing one.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel last year in August 2011 and everything was incredibly amazing. The staff was super friendly and the bar on the rooftop was awesome. My room was enormous and very nice..... I love this hotel it brings back some wonderful memories

• Stayed August 2012
Dear Nurse5533,
Thank You for your positive review. We sincerely appreciate your comments on the level of service you received from our staff and I’m glad that you liked our beautiful roof top bar.
Harrington Park, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

The hotel is located in a upscale business district (think Miracle Mile) and sports a very impressive entrance and lobby. There are numerous good restaurants within a short walking distance from the hotel. The room was comfortable - good size with plush bedding. The bathtub/shower could have been cleaner - there was some mold on the tiles.

The room was quite noisy. During the day (starting at about 10:00AM) there was continuous construction noise coming from above the room which is probably transitory since - at some point in time - the construction will be complete. One night there was a wedding taking place in the hotel. The noise and music could be heard in the room lasting almost until 3:00AM.

The only parking option at the hotel is valet. The cost is $24 + tax per day with in and out privileges. A less expensive option can be found one block away on Aragon Avenue - Public Parking at $12 max per day.

All in all we would stay at the Westin Colonnade again but would request a quiet room.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room at check-in.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
WestinC0ralGables, Manager at The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
Dear Paul1230,
Thank you for your review, I’m glad you enjoyed our Heavenly Bed and our great location with the proximity to the many restaurants and shops.
My apologies for the inconveniences you encountered with the construction noise, in fact it will be transitory. Our Valet parking prices are $24 per night which is reasonable for our area, and still lower than other hotels.
Please contact me personally at Rsoto@westincoralgables.com when your travels bring you back to Coral Gables.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coral Gables
#6 of 11 in Coral Gables
4.0 of 5 stars 202 reviews
Coral Way
Four Points by Sheraton Coral Gables

Been to The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables? Share your experiences!