I am glad I was able to experience the Westin Colonnade and there were enough positives that I could recommend anyone try it. However, some nagging small things might have me looking for something else next time. The property is a palatial older building in a stylish neighborhood with a marble floored lobby, high ceilings, elaborate moldings, and tasteful art and furnishings. My fifth floor room was spacious and quiet with very comfortable double beds, layered linens, 48”-ish plasma TV, free wifi, a basic clock radio with easy to use alarm, minibar/fridge, coffee maker with Starbucks packets, good sized closet with ironing board and iron, and a small safe. Floor to ceiling windows offered good views of the Miracle Mile shops below and a peak of the sea in the distance. The bathroom was fine – tub and dual-headed (not anything special) shower combo with heavy weight towels. The staff was friendly and mostly helpful. The room and the property were clean and generally well maintained. Room service was quite good - on my arrival I had a dinner (salad greens with sesame crusted salmon) that was top notch and delivered quickly. Good restaurants are also close by. (I had a great Cuban sandwich at a low-key place around the corner called Las Vegas that I’d recommend.)
So what might keep me from returning? A combination of some small things – my reserved king bed room unavailable at my 7 PM check-in with the option to sit in the lobby until one was ready or settle for a double; guest elevators that were out of service all three days requiring use of slow and inconvenient service elevators; air conditioning that struggled to keep most of the room cool but with an airflow concentrated on the seating area which was therefore uncomfortably cold; a minibar/fridge that was never below room temperature, was half empty, and never restocked; TV connection that was persistently interrupted; having only decaf coffee packets in the room. None of these issues ruined my stay but neither are they consistent with a 4-star hotel.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables Hotel Coral Gables
- The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables Hotel
- Westin Colonnade Coral Gables
- Westin Coral Gables
- Coral Gables Westin
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Colonnade, Coral Gables is centrally located in the Coral Gables business district. We offer a retreat from the rigors of travel, yet still convenient to business, shopping, and dining. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Starwood, Travelocity, Venere, Otel and Tingo so you can book your The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.