“Excellent hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 11 hotels in Coral Gables
Orlando, Florida
“Excellent hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

great location, nicely decorated, big rooms, The valet parking was the better.
Perfect Hotel. Nice. The hotel is modern, has excellent attention, the rooms are comfortable, with good space. The valet parking service is the best I have used. The value is similar to regulate parking.

Room Tip: Ask for the king bed suites on the top floor, very spacious.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
WestinC0ralGables, Manager at The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Dear Arghcar,
We sincerely appreciate your comments on the level of service you received from our staff and Valet parking, which will be shared with our team. We hope to see you again very soon at the Westin Colonnade Hotel on your next visit.

487 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

Fantastic service and great location. Front desk staff was superb. Could not imagine how they could've been more helpful. So impressed with every staff member I encountered. Location is perfect for exploring coral gables.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Las1138,
Thank you for your kind review. I’m glad that you enjoy your stay with us. We hope to see you again very soon at the Westin Colonnade Hotel on your next visit.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

This hotel is grand and just steps away from the Miracle Mile. This was a surprise birthday trip from my husband, whom I told of my love of The Westin Heavenly Bed. We stayed from 10/19 through 10/21 and enjoyed every second of our stay. Go, enjoy, have fun!

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
WestinC0ralGables, Manager at The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Dear The Sawy Trawy
Thank you for your kind review. I’m delighted to hear that you enjoyed your surprise birthday with your husband in our Hotel. I’m glad that you enjoy our proximity to Miracle Mile, and our signature Heavenly Bed.
We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Coral Gables!
Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

The location is very good. We can easily find food to eat around the hotel. The design of the hallway is more like apartments rather than regular hotels. The room is clean and quiet. Everyone was super friendly. It feels like home. We didn't use the pool, but the pool looked nice and there are many seats and beds for sunbathing. The only down side is the parking. Self-parking is $21 and valet is $24. Well, it is located in a big city, what can you expect??

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear WinnieChe
We want to thank you for your great comments regarding the Hotel and the service from staff. Our Valet parking prices are $24 per night which is reasonable for our area, and still lower other hotels. We are looking forward to welcoming you when your travels bring you back to the Westin Coral Gables.
Be well.
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I have never, never found such a polite, gracious and professional staff, Weston is catching up to the Ritz, Cayman's and Maui beware.

The Colonnade is a beautiful hotel, I can see why so many weddings are held there. The hotel is a staple for the Coral Gables area, beautiful ambiance and wonderful staff. I originally had booked a deluxe room for 11/4/12 to 11/7/12; however, I got there very early and the room was not ready. I was very tiered after a long trip and they offered me a non-deluxe room, at a reduced rate, room 317.

Really I could not of been happier, exhaustion was falling on my and I would have enjoyed to nap in the laundry room. Room 317 was ample, great bed, very clean and a decent view, but I was so very comfortable in it I had no issues as it wasn't a small room, actually quite large.

The gym was very clean and had all the right equipment, so there were no issues there. My one and only issue was the elevator, I got there during a wedding, and there was only one elevator working. The second was in disrepair. So there were actually elevator lines. This wasn't such a bad thing, after the wedding was done the lines resulted in a short weight. It reminded me of when I was in collage in the dorms.

One last plug, the Local Bar and Restaurant is just a short block away, OMG the food is complex, beautifully plated and delicious!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Ange2169

I sincerely appreciate your kind comments on the level of service you received from our staff and our Westin Workout Room, which will be shared with our team. I’m glad that our Front Desk Ambassadors were able to accommodate your needs, with fast and efficient service. Our goal is to strive for you to leave here more refreshed than you arrived! We are currently updating one of our Hotel Guest Elevator which once is complete will be much faster. We do have signs throughout the Hotel for our Guest to use our Service Elevator. I’m looking forward to welcoming you when your travels bring you back to the Westin Coral Gables.
Be well.
Sheffield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

Staying in the heart of Coral Gables is always a treat. There's always a good clean buzz about it (unlike the sweaty/chlamydia buzz of South beach). A great location, nearby there are some great restaurants, lovely territory for running/walking, and a few bars.

Arriving to be greeted by the valets, and then walking through the colonnades to a very smart escalator, one really feels to have arrived.

Welcome at reception was excellent, and check in efficient. Bags were delivered to rooms (not mine, mine were lost in transit by our airline).

The rooms were large, well presented, and we had a great view over Coral Gables, and towards Coconut Grove. A huge bed, easy chairs and that ubiquitous television, mineral water (not complimentary), mini bar and more telephones than a Mumbai call centre.

Ordering room service was a pleasure. Melissa took care of our needs, even suggesting food to help me with my indecisiveness. She sent some chocolate covered strawberries as a treat, a nice touch for which I am very grateful.

I spent mornings on the fantastic roof terrace, in the pool and reading on the loungers. I rather wish they would ban children from this area, and offer a poolside bar service. Essentially, they could make it more "playboy mansion".

Service at reception was exceptional. Nothing was too much trouble, and everything was dealt with with the utmost professionalism.

Surprisingly the hotel does not offer free WIFI.

Altogether top class, this hotel comes with my highest recommendation.

• Stayed June 2012
WestinC0ralGables, Manager at The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
Dear jsutcliffe2 Sheffield

Thank You for your positive review and for mentioning Melissa. . We sincerely appreciate your comments on the level of service you received from her, and we will most definitely share with her. In 2013 we will be changing the pool area and making it more of a lounge look. We do offer complimentary internet in the lobby area. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I had read many great reviews about this hotel prior to staying here and the reviews were justified, this is a really great hotel! When I checked in I was immediately upgraded to a cool two level room with a spiral staircase. Probably one of the nicest hotel rooms in which I have ever stayed.

The room:
Immaculately clean. Extremely comfortable bed, with a nice, soft, duvet. Great view of the "Miracle Mile" from my room.

Bathroom:
Very clean, but somewhat small. Only complaint about the room.

Location:
Fantastic! On the "Miracle Mile." Within walking distance of so many options.

Customer Service:
As mentioned earlier, I was upgraded upon check-in to a great room. I like to run and when I asked about running routes in the area, I was provided with a map of many running routes in the area. I was impressed by this level of service.

If I am ever in Coral Gables again I will stay at the Westin Colonnade. Great hotel!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Dear Padcrasher,
I’m delighted to hear that you liked the complimentary upgrade to our Bi-Level Suite, and that the room was immaculate. I am glad that you got to experience what the City of Coral Gables has to offer, on our great location on Miracle Mile. We sincerely appreciate your comments on the level of service you received from our staff, which will be shared with our team. We hope to see you again very soon at the Westin Colonnade Hotel on your next visit.
Be Well,

Been to The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables? Share your experiences!