“Old World Charm” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 11 hotels in Coral Gables
Longboat Key, Florida
“Old World Charm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

In the heart of Coral Gables, a superb hotel that offers old world charm in its decor and service. Rooms are spacious, especially the bathrooms. Breakfast is plentiful and served by attentive staff. Overall a pleasant experience and good value.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
WestinC0ralGables, Manager at The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
We would like to thank you for your feedback. We strive to provide you with both an exceptional and memorable experience. We are very pleased to hear that we exceeded your expectations. We are looking forward to welcoming you when your travels bring you back to the Westin Coral Gables. Be well.

471 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Suitland, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

I stayed at the Westin while on a business and found it very relaxing and in a great location. The Westin is located in the heart of Coral Gables in the middle of countless shops, cafes, and restaurants. There's also a Publix about 1/4 mile away. The Coral Gables trolley stops right in front of the hotel. I had to request a microwave and there wasn't much room in the fridge for my personal items. The view from the balcony was great and the pool deck is amazing. Service was excellent and there was always a smiling face.

Room Tip: go for the second floor.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
barbsvh, Manager at The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Thank you Badusoul for your kind comments and glad to hear you had a great stay with us.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon to the Westin Colonnade.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

On a recent business trip, i stayed a night in this hotel. It is right on the Miracle Mile in Coral Gables, next to a steak house and other eateries. The hotel has open access to the building it shares with other businesses, which is unique. I liked Westins and this one was nice and I had a decent experience except for two things a) there were uninvited guests in my room (ants!!) which i called down to the front desk they had an engineer verify that indeed i had ants and then got moved to another room, it was hot and humid and maybe this was an exception and my new room was fine, b) there were hotel cleaning staff at 11 across the room from me speaking and conversing with loud voices as they probably prepare a room for a late arrival. I was working so it did not bug me too much, but i thought that was a little strange and unprofessional. Would i Stay here again?? I guess so, i'm hoping these experiences were unusual and infrequent, because the hotel itself looks nice, but wanted to share what occurred during my stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you Fredpt for your feedback. My apologies for the inconvenience you encountered with the ants and the noise you heard from our staff late at night. We have taken the correct measures, and YES they are unusual and infrequent. Please contact me personally when your travels bring you back to the Coral Gables area so I can insure a renewed stay. Thank you for very much for choosing the Westin.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

I checked in last week for a business trip but forgot a couple things. Like a phone charger, parking arraignments for my rental car and oddly enough a razor. When I got to the hotel, since I would be staying for a couple days, the valet guy (Ryan) informed me it would end up being cheaper to valet the car instead of self parking. I was surprised that he was so honest, normally hotels are looking to make every dollar they can! He unloaded my luggage and even had it delivered to my room! What a sweetheart!
When I made it up to my room and realized I forgot the razor, I called the front desk to see if they had any. They said it will be right up, sure enough not 5 minutes later someone was knocking at the door. As I shut the door, the phone rang checking to make sure I got it! Seriously impressive.
I appreciate them taking the time to assist with my specific needs and will come back soon.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
WestinC0ralGables, Manager at The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Sheena M
It is always a pleasure to hear from our loyal repeat guests and know that their warm Westin experience keeps them returning year after year. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon! We would also thank you for your feedback, especially when our ambassador delivers good service to our guest. I’ll make sure that I pass the information to their Managers as well, and it will be my pleasure to be able to assist you in any request for future stays here at our Hotel. Looking forward to see you again.
Be Well,
Melbourne, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

I stayed here recently for a business trip. I love Westin hotels in general (oh the heavenly bed!), but this location went above and beyond. First of all, I was able to bring my dog; he is definitely not one that fits in a purse (75 lbs), and I struggle with the weight limitation at most hotels (~30 lbs). Every staff member was not only courteous, but genuinely wanted to provide exceptional service. From the valet, to the bartender in the lounge, to the front desk staff, to the concierge -- everyone was smiling and asking if there was anything they could do for me and my pup. I had a drink with my client in the lounge and we were the only ones in there -- the bartender suggested that I bring my dog downstairs to sit with us at the bar! Then he went outside and grabbed some treats for him...

Couple of warnings... grab a tag for your door when you check-in that says you have a pup inside. I didn't get one and although my dog is HARMLESS, he really freaked out the mini bar guy coming to refill my water bottles. Also, there isn't much grass that close, so research your walking paths ahead of time. Concierge helped me, but it would have been better to figure it out ahead of time.

Room Tip: I got a complimentary upgrade to a suite, and it was great!
Tammy L
I would like to thank you so much for your comments on your recent stay in Coral Gables and I do appreciate your kind comments. I’m glad to hear that we provided you with excellent service, I’ll make sure I pass this information to all of our Managers and Ambassadors. We are a pet friendly Hotel, we enjoy having them also as our special guests, at our Front Desk we provide to our guest a door hanger that will be put in every room that has a Pet inside for our ambassadors to be aware if they need to go inside the room. We are indeed in a great location for access to all that the Gables has to offer and I hope if your travels bring you back to the Gables that you will choose the Westin as your Loyal home once again!
Be Well
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012 via mobile

It may be a little shallow to judge a whole hotel on one thing but the bed was pretty damn good. I've stayed in a couple of the hotels around the miracle mile on business and this is by far the best. Whilst the rooms don't have a discernible style, they are clean, comfortable and well appointed. The staff are great and the room service prompt

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Ahillyer
Thanks very much for taking the time to comment on our wonderful location here in Coral Gables next to Miracle Mile. We feel very proud of our signature Heavenly Bed, I’m glad that you get to experience the comfort and softness that provides, it will leave you refresh and energized. We will be opening our new three meal restaurant Sushi Samba later this year. Please let me know when you are back in the Gables.
Be Well
fort lauderdale
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

Staff paid zero attention to busy talking to themselves. Asked Concierge for a local place that has a Sunday brunch - he responded , "you need a bus", I said no brunch, he said "bus" after this went on for a few minutes he finally wanted me to go to a place 8 miles away - that's local? then he said another place 3 miles away. I walked away. He failed to mention that the property has a Sunday Brunch. //The A/C did not cool the room, I called twice, no one ever came up....The pools area lacks shade...forget about geting something to drink at the pool....when I checked out I was not asked how my stay was, nor thanked for staying....poor hotel standards....

Room Tip: Long hallways...check a/c
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables? Share your experiences!