“Perfect for my business trip” 5 of 5 stars

Book Early and Save
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Coral Gables
GreenLeadersBronze level
Mexico City, Mexico
“Perfect for my business trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

I usually avoid Boutique or Design hotels when travelling on business. I want to know how to open the shower faucet in less than 10 minutes...
This one had everything I expected: spotless rooms, amicable staff, efficient laundry service, fast internet connection (although I had to pay for 3 different devices - not cool). Fast room service (when the line works - had to walk to reception but it was a glitch).
Overall, I was very happy with my stay, not having to worry about logistics for anything.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
, General Manager at The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Thanks very much for your recent review of your stay here in the Gables! Glad to hear that we met your business needs with fast internet (I sent a personal note regarding the device charges) and will insure my ambassadors know your stay was a Refreshing one! Be Well and hope to see you soon.

Mike

Cleveland, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Very nice hotel,but can be noisy as rooms are clustered in groups of 4:can hear doors slam children yelling but service and location make up for it,definitly do breakfast excellent food,and access

• 5 of 5 stars
WestinCoralGables, General Manager at The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Thanks so much for your wonderful comments on both our Ambassadors service here at the Westin Coral Gables and the Outstanding Breakfast...Chef Thomas and his team are very proud of thier craft. Be Well and hope to see you back with us again.
Miami, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

We lived in this hotel coming to Miami for a week and absolutely loved it! I would highly recommend staying here. There is Morton's the Steakhouse right downstairs which is very convient. They even accomodated our Yorkie with a feather bed! 5 stars!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lindsay C
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

Beautiful Hotel, excellent Front Desk Staff. They went above and behond to make my stay memorable. Customer service is excellent, the rooms very clean and spacious. Staff makes you feel like family, the location of the Hotel is very convinient to shops and restaurants, close to everything. I will recomend it to my friends and I'm a loyal guest.

• 5 of 5 stars
Heavens0815, thanks so much for your wonderful feedback! Looking forward to seeing you back many times in the future as a Loyal CG guest. Be Well
Miami, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

Let me start by saying I love Westin hotels. We have stayed here in the past and had an amazing stay but this time it was very bad. We arrived on Friday night, waited a while for the bellman who was mad that he had to work on a wedding night, so needless to say when we asked for some help it fell upon deaf ears. Once we were finally checking in I was at the front desk with two employees behind the counter the bellman and a female manager, I asked for change to break a 20 and there was no money at the front desk, they all looked to the female manager and she said "I don't have any". So finally after a few awkward minutes one of the front desk clerks ran down to the Restraunt to get change. We get to the room and the bellman sets the three suitcases in the middle of the room and drops the hanging stuff on the bed, even though there is clearly a closet and they were hanging in the car he decides it's better to drop it on the bed. At this point it's 1130 and we decided we were going to get some sleep so we can start the day early. We quickly notice that we can hear the couple next to us arguing and arguing and arguing. I finally decide we need to get another room so I go to the front desk and explain the situation and they gladly move us, never asked us if we needed help with our stuff even though he saw us with a cart and the bellman. I get the key go to the new room and it had been used, so now I have to go back to the desk and get the keys to room number 3, still no help no nothing. The next couple of days nothing major happened we were in and out. The first to last day as we were getting ready to venture out the GF forgot something in the room and we had to go back upstairs, when we came back the valet and someone else who works there were arguing in Spanish about us leaving the car, unfortunately for them we are bilingual and understand every word that they thought we would not understand. On our last day the phones in the room were not working so I had to call the hotel from my cell, I asked for someone to help with our luggage and bring the car around, someone was up promptly and very friendly, once we got downstairs the car was not brought around and the valets were arguing about who did or did not get the car, finally one of them decided to get the car and we were able to leave. Unfortunately a bad experience at a great hotel. I have been to other Westins where the slightest issues are left for the manager to follow up with, it's a shame this hotel does not follow the same practice or there is just no communication.

• 4 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
Dcaillier, my apologies that your stay in Coral Gables was not up to the standards you expect on your most recent visit. Please know that I will address the issues at hand with all associates mentioned from Bellmen to Valet and the female Manager on Duty. Please reach out to me directly at gm@westincoralgables.com and I will personally insure your next visit is a refreshing one.
Thanks again for your gift of feedback and we will win your loyalty back!
Evansville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

We brought our family into Miami for short cruise to the Bahamas over the 4th of July. We could have stayed at several area hotels that offer "Park and Cruise" packages but we chose the Westin Colonnade because of the people who work there!! They are so caring and accommodating! From the wonderful staff at the check-in desk to Andrew and Umberto at the concierge desk to Carolyn and the sous chefs in the 1800 dining room, down to the valet parking crew. When we arrived for both our pre-cruise and post cruise stays, we were given spacious rooms together so the family could unwind and relax after our travels. We were greeted with friendly smiles and helpful hands everywhere in the hotel.

The hotel is convenient to the airport as well as the cruise port and is situated on the "Miracle Mile" a shopping mecca in Coral Gables. Our rooms were immaculate and very nicely appointed. We were given two adjoining corner rooms at the end of the hallway on the top floor. Very spacious, VERY nice. I like to feel special when I travel, who would'nt? This staff made us feel like VIP and we definitely would recommend this hotel to anyone!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Corner rooms offer a better view of this bustling area of Miami.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
ChrisV8, thanks so much for your kind words about your recent stay in Coral Gables. If your travels bring you back anytime soon contact me directly.

Thanks and Be Well!
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

Excellent location, right in heart of Coral Gables- 1 minute walk to Miracle Mile. Building is old, but the hotel is in great shape. Rooms are spacious. Beds are comfortable. What was a little different was the living room was by the window and the bed inside. Entire hotel was very clean. Staff were all friendly and helpful.
Only negative is they charge $6/3o min for the internet in the business center.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Teij, thanks for your kind comments about the Hotel and I hope you truly enjoyed the comfort of one of our Deluxe King rooms. They are my favorite room type becasue of the two televisions and the living area. Sorry our price was a little high in the business center. It is run by a third party. We will look in the near future to purchase our own machines and reduce pricing. Be Well and hope to see you soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coral Gables
#6 of 11 in Coral Gables
4.0 of 5 stars 203 reviews
Coral Way
Four Points by Sheraton Coral Gables

Been to The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables? Share your experiences!