“I love this hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Coral Gables
Princeville, Hawaii
“I love this hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

If you are going to be in Coral Gables - or even the MIA area, stay here. It's worth the 10 minute cab ride from the airport to stay in one of the best hotels in the country. A beautiful building in a wonderful place, with wonderful people as hosts. The hotel is not small, but it feels boutique. The staff WORKS at being helpful and they have a genuine friendliness that a guest can feel.
The location can't be beat: in the center of Coral Gables great dining and shopping. For business travelers there's a Morton's in the hotel and a Ruths Chris two blocks away! This is the best!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
WestinCoralGables, General Manager at The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Thomas B thanks so much for your kind words....my ambassadors love to serve and I am glad it shows. If you return in the Fall you must try Sushi Samba which is our new Three Meal restaurant...it is sure to compete with the Best that Coral Gables has to offer. Thanks again for your comments and Be Well!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Tampa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

I never write reviews, then again I have never been so consistently pleased by a hotel!

............being a world traveler with over 30 years of international travel and hotel occupancy I rate the Westin Colonnade in Coral Gables, #1 in my books. Great service, great staff and a great location.

Every stay has been amazing, consistent, comfortable, good value and truly dependable.

Not to mention the good food in the restaurant (there is an amazing Japaneses restaurant right across the street as well) and the fact that the pool and the gym are looking out on the city of Coral Gables (just the right size pool).

I have, and will continue to, recommend Westin Colonnade to all of my associates and friends.

Truly thank you for your Hotel!

Room Tip: I have slept in all the different rooms and they are all great
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
George B we are so pleased that you are pleased! Thanks again for taking the time to review the Hotel in such a postive light and we look forward to your continued loyalty. Be Well
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

From the very first opening of the car door stand by. The customer service starts, smiles from every one and a friendly welcome. The hotel employes could not stop helping you. The Hotel offers a feeling of true class the finis work to all the wall finishings. The room there is noithing less than Great I walked in and found myself relaxing so much that I lost 4 hrs. The Hotel is so well located great shopping and restraunts the term shop to your wife drops can easley be done.

I plan on staying at this location when ever I travel to Coral Gables for businessand and plan staying there this fall with my wife.

Room Tip: overlook the city higher floor like the 5th floor
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
SteveO, thanks so much for your kind comments about the WestinCoral Gables, the ambassadors, the finishes and the great location! We look forward to hosting your wife and yourself in the fall and if I can be of any Personal assistance please contact me directly. Be Well!
Lexington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

We actually stayed here pre-cruise and it was amazing!! Not only were we upgraded to a room with TWO balconies, but the manager also sent us a bottle of wine and a fruit & cheese platter along with a really nice note! We loved the hotel, the staff, and the location. I would not hesitate to stay here again and we are actually looking to book again for next fall. The rooftop pool area was so beautiful and the fitness center was really nice as well with great views. The whole hotel was just lovely and there was so much to do within walking distance. LOVED the Westin in Coral Gables!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the same floor as the pool/fitness area.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

Stayed for a couple of nights for business purposes paid by my firm. The main entrance suggests that the stay would be marvelous. A nice restaurant on the left, a escalator and elevators right positioned, a fair service at reception. However, getting to the room was hard, given the long walk. Actually those large corridors turning to the right and left suggests that you went through a labyrint. Room was quite spacious, but revealed that the hotel is aging. Some renovation would fit perfectly. It is fine that the room is supposed to be classical, but bathroom for example should be painted. The control remote for the TV set and the key of the bar were missing in my room. Ok, nothing is perfect, and I did not mind asking for them, since I usually do not watch TV and don´t have snacks during the night. Nevertheless, these little mistakes prove that the hotel is not all that it pretends to be.

Room Tip: Prefer the rooms near the elevators to avoid long walks with your luggage.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
WestinCoralGables, General Manager at The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
Silvio, thanks so much for your gift of Feedback! Our hotel is attached to one of the first buildings in Coral Gables built in 1926 by the City's founder George Merrick. The Hotel itself is not near that age but was designed to incorporate the luxury of time past along with modern luxuries of today. I do admit our halls can be a little long but the rooms tend to be very peaceful and rejuventating within. My apoologies for both the remote and refreshment center key i will discuss with my ambassadors. I do hope if your travels bring you back to Coral Gables that you will contact me directly and I wil personally ensure a Refreshing stay!

Be Well
Antwerp, Belgium
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

At the arrival they give us a nice upgrade to a townhouse suite. Nice but the airco is not powerfull enough for the first floor too.

Bathroom is so small, never seen it like this in this category of hotels.

Great staff at the reception, also the concierge.

But the swimming pool area is nice to see, but it could be better. You have a nice area to read in nice sofa's and a nice view. But it is not up to date, it is dirty also, I think there are pigeons in the area and you can see their s***, also on some seats. I was surprised there was a guy to check something and was looking to the s*** for a few minutes, he didn't do anything and was gone after a few minutes. Then a second guy was checking both pools but when I was in the wirhlpool, i saw something strange in it, what was the guy doing? And then a women was their to check the towels but the s*** was still there.

A few hours later I was again at the pool area and I was curious and it was still dirty.

I think you can find something better.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
My apologies for your recent stay in the Gables. Pidgeons are a problem at times on the pool deck but there is no reason that any "debris" left behind was not promptly attend too. Thanks for the comments about my Service express staff they get quite a bit of positive feedback, I am sorry the Townehouse upgrade was not what you expected. The square footage is nice but the bathrooms are a little tight in relation to the suite size. I do hope you will give the Westin another try in the future and if you do please reach out directly and i will be more than happy to make your next stay a most refreshing one. Thanks again and be well!
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

If you are looking for a hotel in this price range in Coral Gables, there are basically three choices: the famous Biltmore (built in 1926), the Hyatt Regency, and the Westin Colonnade. If you are interested in golf, tennis, the swimming pool, and/or staying in a historic landmark, then the Biltmore wins easily, as long as you are OK with the older and smaller rooms.

The Westin Colonnade is as central as you can get in Coral Gables, walking distance to many of Coral Gables' excellent restaurants, as well as a supermarket (4 blocks), Sears, three bookstores, and lots more. My room was clean and spacious, everything worked properly, and was reasonably priced for my group booking. The hotel has a small fitness center and pool that are available at no cost to guests. The staff was attentive, responsive, and friendly.

But WiFi in the guest room is an extortionate $13 or $18/night unless you have Platinum status in the Starwood frequent guest program, and valet parking is $24/day with in/out privileges (no self parking). If you want to use the computer in the business center, it works out to $23.80/hour.
So your final bill can be considerably higher than just the room rate plus various Dade County taxes.

Would I return to the Colonnade? Doubtful. Not because it's bad, but rather that the other two luxury hotels in Coral Gables are superior in their own different ways.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
WestinCoralGables, General Manager at The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Bluevoter,

Thanks for your recent comments regarding your stay here at the Westin in Coral Gables and I do appreciate the positive comments regarding my staff being so attentive and friendly, as well as the location of our Hotel. I do apologize that you felt we were adding too many add-ons for parking and internet. Our parking garage is not owned by the Hotel so we have little influence over the pricing there....as far as internet, I am sure at some point all major chains will stop charging for internet but at this time the full service hotels continue this practice to all but their Platinum customers.
If your travels bring you back to Coral Gables please reach out to me directly and I will personally insure your stay is a comfortable and refreshing one.
Thanks and Be Well

Been to The Westin Colonnade Coral Gables? Share your experiences!