“Variety.....lots to chose from.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 274 restaurants in Coral Gables
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
“Variety.....lots to chose from.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

We came on a Friday night for a company Christmas party and we truly enjoyed the selection. We must have tried over 20 kinds of sushi, shrimp and Japanese style selections.

The American style food was your typical cheese sticks and potato skins which we did not try but seemed appetizing.

Definitely worth a second trip. The amotsphere is casual chic; pretty comfortable.

88% Recommend
South Miami, Florida
“Bad Groupon experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

If you want to feel like you're back in high school, this is the place. We had two groupons that were about to expire, so we went there fully expecting to have to get separate checks, since it says one per table. We were even prepared to sit at separate tables. However, they would not let us sit in the same room together. We laughed and said that's ridiculous, but they replied that they would not let us sit anywhere close to each other and made us sit completely out of sight of each other, in two different areas of the restaurant. I felt like I was being punished for trying out their restaurant. I thought groupons were intended to introduce new customers to a business? In this case, they completely ruined any chance they had at acquiring new customers.

The food was not "all that" either. The sushi is acceptable (really, how can you screw up slicing raw fish?) but the hot dishes were horrible. Anything fried was cold, greasy and chewy, the grilled meats were fatty or overcooked, and the desserts were cafeteria quality. Too bad - had the staff been more accommodating, I could have excused the quality of the hot food and enjoyed the sushi. Instead, it was an awkward uncomfortable experience.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Great. Food .....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

I didn't know about POC . It was a heaven in sushi land Jajaja. I'm a sushi lover so I hit the jack pot I don't mind spending money buy just my self I eat a lot . So price can become a big problem for a ssushi monster. 2 WORDS FOR U. great quality of sushi ! $15 plate ... any question .

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Miami, Florida
“Something different to eat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

I went last night for the first time. Decor was nice, tables were a bit too close together. Friendly, attentive service. The food quality was good. The size of the shrimp were impressive, the steak at the grill was tender and tasty. I had fresh fruit, some passion fruit ice cream and tiramisu (small portions) and was satisfied. I have never been to that type of buffet before, so when I saw tomatoe and mozz and beef carpacio on the buffet I was surprised. I'm not sushi eater, but that section looked good and fresh.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Miami, Florida
“Very good buffet and a something for everyone's taste!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Not a bad price. The selection is not huge, but what they have is very good. My kids and husband love the sushi ad we all love the lobster bisque(even though the last time was a little on the smoky side). We go for the crab legs and they are usually excellent. Service is very good too!! I like all the tempura dishes dipped in their soy sauce. The place is very nice and with good light. The selections made in the grill are someties standing there too long, always ask for a fresh one made for you.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Been to POC Buffet? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage POC Buffet, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.