“Consistency at the kitchen but poor management” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 284 Restaurants in Coral Gables
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between LeJeune and Salzedo Street
Description: Seasons 52 is a fresh grill and wine bar that invites guests to discover the sensational flavors of a seasonally-inspired menu and award-winning international wine list in a casually-sophisticated ambiance.
buenos aires
“Consistency at the kitchen but poor management”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I love this chain, specially the location on CGables. In fact I decided to invite some friends to join me on my birthday celebration. I made the reservation thru OPenTable at least 3 weeks in advanced. The day before I received a phone call from the restaurant in order to confirm my reservation, which of course I did. When we arrived to the restaurant, our table wasn' t ready and we have to wait at least 30 MINUTES before we were seated. In the meanwhile, I realised how dirty was the carpet, full of leftovers , also the ladies room was a mess. I really expect more cleanliness of a restaurant, I understand they can be vacuum on site but they can sweep.
Our food was as always great, our friends love it and our waitress Daniela was very kind and made us excellent recommendations. We have a wonderful time and after the first 30' I have to say I was glad I choose again Seasons 52 for my special day..

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

South Florida, Florida
“Awesome restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

This is a excellent restaurant, good for a quiet evening out, couples night or girls night out. The flat breads are spectacular we had the plum tomato and basil, very fresh and delish. For our entrees I had the cedar plank salmon and my husband had the pork tenderloin with polenta. Everything tasted fresh and the tilly white wine was great with our meal. A must try is the mini indulgence deserts just the right portion for the end of your meal. Our server was attentive and there was someone playing live piano and singing in the background. Over all great experience.We brought our toddler to dinner and it wasn't an issue also no reservations.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Miami, Florida
“First time is a charm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

I walked in the restaurant a year ago on mother's day.Their was no one in their and hostess refused to seat me without a reservation! Anyway,I called and complained their was no one in the restaurant.If it was full I could understand anyway,they sent me a complimentary meal ticket and I've had it a year.I finally went.They have a very nice well rounded menu,server was great! Atmosphere was deliteful

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hitchin, United Kingdom
“Good food with excellent service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We were visiting Coral Gables for just a short while - so to find Seasons 52 just around the corner from our hotel was a perfect choice for us. We enjoyed a large family meal, along with dinner for just the 2 of us, and then lunch before we left for Miami airport. Each time the service was great and the waiting staff friendly and helpful. The food was good, all freshly cooked. The desserts are a fun way of ending a meal!! Would recommend and if we are back in the USA would search out a Seasons 52.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Coral Gables, Florida
“Good food, clueless service!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Yes, I've been to S-52 a few times and like it very much. But not tonight. We took my mom and wanted to use an AMEX gift card as well as a gift card from the actual Seasons 52, itself, then pay the rest of the bill in cash. The service was pitiful tonight, from the get go. The server was quick to recommend a wine, which was very good, but she never asked us if we wanted water. By the time they brought our entrees, I asked the 2 who brought our food. They seemed befuddled, as if I'd asked for a rental car or airfare pricing info. A while later, there was still no water, then the server reappeared. When I asked her why the delay, she said "they never told me". When I went to pay the bill, she took the AMEX card, Seasons 52 gift card and some cash. A good while later she came back and told me the AMEX card was not enough and I needed to give her more $. Knowing she was mistaken, I asked her what about the S-52 gift card, which she's managed not to see and misplace at the register. She ran back and found it, then more delays. She returned once again and told me their system was having trouble processing both items. Last time I checked, an AMEX gift card is no different than any other 16 digit acct. number on a credit or debit card. The S-52 gift card isn't even digital, it's a paper business card with a 4-digit code stamped on by them. Regardless of whatever problems their deficient software or personnel have, it's not my problem. The waitress wouldn't bring me my change until they resolved the issue they themselves created. It was as if I gave them a bad card or some other form of non-payment. She & the manager finally got it sorted out and she brought my change, apologizing. Chains like Seasons 52 spend a fortune training their staff and there are plenty of them buzzing about. Yet they can't do a simple task like bringing water to a table or running 2 types of gift cards that have nothing in common nor any limitations or fine print. This is ridiculous and what I'd expect from a burger chain, not Seasons 52. Even good food is killed by lousy service. Instead of the customer's always right, it was guilty till proven innocent. I doubt I'll return there, there are too many great restaurants in Gables to put up with bush league tactics.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere