“Great Mexican food un Coral Gables” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Talavera is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 270 Restaurants in Coral Gables
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Doing business
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Giralda Ave.
Description: Mexico.... home of Talavera, the unique fine art pottery from the 16th Century, native of the city of Puebla. This genuine and refined Mexican spirit of the Talavera art sets the ground for the spirit of our menu. From the "Huarache" grill, a series of delicate dishes served on a corn tortilla base, to a variety of regional specialties from Sonora to Oaxaca, from Michoacan to Puebla, from Jalisco to Yucatan. Talavera, the art of a genuine and refined taste of Mexico.
Caracas , Venezuela
“Great Mexican food un Coral Gables”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

If you want great and authentic Mexican food , go to Talavera. The food is delicious. We had flautas, huaraches, guacamole and poblano queso fundido All washed down with a great sangria .

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Miami, Florida
“Best Mex”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Charming atmosphere, first-class bar, attentive service, and a wide variety of delicious dishes make Talavera the best Mexican restaurant in the area. From gourmet (huachinango en salsa verde) to everyday (enchilada de pollo) the cuisine is superb.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Just OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Went there recently and I left unimpressed with the place. Food was OK, I had the tortilla soup which was OK, and as main the shrimp cocktail, which was not bad but for sure I've had way better. The highlight was the Cilantro Lemonade which was very exotic and tasty, I liked it very much. My main disappointment was with the service. I sat down and no servers were nearby, I thought it was because we had a mariachi singing next to the tables, but even after the mariachi finished, no server in sight. After a while somebody showed up asking if I had been served. No, I hadn't. From then on was if I did not exist. Even to pay I had to chase my waitress. If you don't go, you're not missing much.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
jaguargroupmiami, Public Relations Manager at Talavera, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Merchanda, we appreciate you bringing this up to our attention. Thanks to you, we will be able to avoid this in the future. We are so sorry for the miscommunication between our server and yourself. We love that you enjoyed the Cilantro Lemonade but that is not enough. We would love to have you back for a better experience, on us. Please provide us with your mailing address to teresa@jaguarspot.com so we may send you a gift certificate to make up for your previous experience.
“Best Mexican food & restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Talavera is an incredible restaurant. They make you feel at home right away. LOVE the menu. I enjoyed the skinny margarita, wine, Mexican chopped salad, and ceviche. Everything was delicious!!! Enjoyed the outdoor patio. Marvin and Sergio's hospitality can't be beat. Always smiling and interacting with their valued customers. I wish I lived closer to enjoy the place more often! I will be back!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Viva Mexico”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

This place rocks. For appetizer try the queso fundido with chorizo, amazing! The cilantro lemonade is a must try. The mole poblano chicken is nuts! Even the deserts ate amazing. Try the crepes or the mamey/guava cheesecake. Cant go wrong here