“Consistently superb, beautiful food and atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars

305-443-8388
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Anacapri On Ponce is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #43 of 280 Restaurants in Coral Gables
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Pinecrest, Florida
“Consistently superb, beautiful food and atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

I have dined at the original Anacapri in Pinecrest for more than 25 years. It has ALWAYS been great! I've never had anything less than an excellent meal there. I then tried the newer Gables location a few nights ago. The setting is even "cozier" than the original with a smallish bar just as you step inside the restaurant. The food was splendid...every bit as great as the home restaurant. Each dish that my wife and I had was truly sublime. I marvel at the consistency of this wonderful pair of restaurants. The food is ALWAYS superb, the service is impeccable, the atmosphere friendly and very helpful, the value incredible. As a native of the Miami area with more than 55 years under my belt, I would have to say that this is probably the finest Italian restaurant in the Miami area. They even make a ricotta cheesecake here that is clearly better than any where else in the southeast. I can't say enough about this restaurant. Keep it up!

• Visited January 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

miami
“Fabulous for groups and families”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2012

We came to Anacapri to celebrate my brother in-law's birthday. There were 17 of us. We were seated in a large, spacious room on the second floor. The arrangement was for a family kind of dinner. We had no idea as to what was going to be served. It was a great experience. We were treated to a bunch of delicious appetizers, several meat and pasta entries with several different side orders and a large variety of desserts. Everything was delicious. The service was excellent and the owner /manager frequently came by to check on the experience.

I would definitely recommend Anacapri to any large group that wishes to have a great family dining experience.

I would also assume that this would be a great experience for a couple dining but it is not that common to find restaurants in the Gables that can fit groups of 15 to 40 and provide such a great dining experience

Enjoy

• Visited January 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Miami Beach, Florida
“Decent Italian restaurant, could be better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

I figured i would try this restaurant for lunch. I went and the service I had that day was good. Was sat down right away. Server was attentive also, no problem. My meal came with salad and they also give you bread witch was nice. Its a decent price to a little pricey depending on what you order. I thought the food was just OK. I've had the same plate in other restaurant and tasted much better. Which i was dissapointed because I like the atmosphere and how the restaurant looks in the inside. Its nice and has a bar. Maybe I will go back to give them a second shot one day but not sure. Maybe next time. I would say to everyone else try atleast once. Other people do like coming here.

• Visited October 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
coconut grove
“So much potential”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

It is unfortunate that a restaurant that has a lovely setting and good food falls flat because of the awful service that Miami finds acceptable. We were practically ignored by everyone on the service staff with notable exceptions. I would not go back.

• Visited September 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Miami, Florida
“A big disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011 via mobile

Location is convenient and ambience is okay but they no little about Italian cooking

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere