“If you love chicken - go here!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #100 of 307 Restaurants in Coral Gables
Cuisines: Peruvian, South American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Giralda Avenue and Aragon Avenue
Description: The floor-to-ceiling rotisseries, red walls and comfy booths invite you to stay, but Pardo's Cuisine is attuned to our grab-and-go culture. A slew of delivery and takeout deals plus curbside service offers the best of both worlds: home-cooked, slow-roasted Peruvian flavor with fast-food immediacy. This Coral Gables spot is the only U.S. Outlet for the Lima-based chain that specializes in pollo a la brasa, spit-grilled chicken with crunchy skin, a moist interior and an intoxicating marinade of 14 "secret" herbs and spices that hint of cumin, paprika, annatto, soy sauce and lots of salt. Beef lovers will rejoice over lomo saltado clasico, a Peruvian stir-fry of marinated steak strips, with onions, tomatoes and soy sauce over white rice and French fries. "Pardos" is a term for Peruvians of mixed heritage, and this warm, casual eatery uses the best of Chinese, Spanish, African and native influences in its unpretentious cuisine.
NC
“If you love chicken - go here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

Now, I like chicken. Good chicken, that is. And I think you would be hard pressed to find better chicken than what they serve at Pardo's. I had the 1/2 rotisserie chicken. It came with a side salad which was excellent - several slices of Roma tomato, several slices of cucumber, and strips of red onion over lettuce.

I know pretty much nothing about Peruvian cuisine. However, they have some kind of yellowish sauce with some flecks in it. I think it may be huancaina sauce from what I saw on the menu. It is creamy and has just a bit of a spicy kick. I wasn't sure what to put it on so I put it on EVERYTHING! It made a good salad dressing, I dipped pieces of the chicken in it and I dipped the yuquitas in it. Yuquitas look like big fries but are made from yucca root. Delicious! Especially when dipped in the sauce.

But did I tell you about the chicken? Moist, well-seasoned, falling off the bone tender. If you pay extra (like 90 cents) for all white meat, you are wasting your extra money. Get the vertical half rather than the horizontal half! The drumstick and thigh were SO succulent it almost defies description! The breast and wing were fine but not as moist as the thigh and leg.

This huge meal set me back less than $15 and I couldn't finish it. The servers were friendly and helpful. There is NO reason not to check out this place!

• Visited June 2012

Miami, Florida
“Good food at a great price!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

I eat there 3 or 4 times a month. The service is always good and the Peruvian food is great. The chicken and seafood is good. The price is also very good. Coral Gables is usually an expensive place to eat . Pardo's is generally 30 dollars for dinner for a couple. I would recommend Pardo's!!

• Visited June 2012
Miami, Florida
“Great food, fabulous service and atmosphere and not expensive!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

I dont know much about Peruvian food so the waiter recommended some kind of beer thing that was amazing. THe portions are HUGE (I ate 2 more meals from my leftovers) and the service was excellent. It was crowded because it was St. Patrick's day but the food still came out quickly. I can't wait to go back and try their ceviche and chicken!

• Visited March 2012
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Delicious!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

My friend and I discovered this gem after the Miami Film Festival around the corner - what a find! Our waiter Rogerio was a doll - very professional and personable. We started with the Causa, which was amazing - it was the first time either of us had eaten one. It's similar to a terrine, but has a specific set of ingredients: ají amarillo, avocado, potatoes, and tuna. My friend then had a salad, which was huge. I had the rotisserie chicken which was tender and juicy and oh so tasty. Sadly the rice was rather hard (we had arrived after 9pm on a weeknight), but Rogerio insisted on replacing it with fresh rice, which was better but still too al dente for my taste. The fresh chicha morada was excelente and served in a very large glass. The prices were surprising reasonable. We will definitely be back! (This is a Peruvian restaurant).

• Visited March 2012
Big Lake, Minnesota
“So much more than chicken”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

Chicken may be the mainstay on the menu but Pardo's has so much more to offer. A few stand outs include Choclite (Inca Corn) w/ Huancaina sauce and their Ceviche. Don't miss Pardos Brasa Chaufa, Peruvian/Chinese fried rice with pieces of rotisserie chicken. Three things stand out about this restaurant. The quality of food is only exceeded by the uniqueness of the menu which is exceeded by the reasonable menu prices. For those of you unfamiliar with Peruvian dishes, rest assured this casual restaurant comes highly recommended.

• Visited December 2011