“Venetian Pool” 5 of 5 stars

Activities: Swimming, Sunbathing
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The most glamorous municipal pool in the world. Must be 38" tall or 36 months old to enter. Admission prices $3-9.
Stayner, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Venetian Pool”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

My parents lived just 2 doors away from this pool from 1971 to 1983....I have very many fond memories of spending 2-3 months of the winter at this pool. My mother used to teach the Red Cross Swimming lessons there. Don't know if they still do. I see it has not changed as for the coolness of the water....too cold for me, but my children all has a ball there. It was a lovely retreat from the winter months in Toronto..... They used to have events in the evening after the pool was emptied, I remember watching a lovely wedding one evening. My parents moved to England and sadly my Mum has now passed away.....Many Many Many memories of this lovely pool.

Visited February 2013

• Turkish first
coral gables
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“great place to visit, but too many kids”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

This is really a special place here in Coral Gables. It's an important part of the history of our city. And a great place to hang out and get some sun and take a dip in the pool. BUT, i hope you like kids. It's certainly a place that is popular with families. I sure wish they had an "adult only day." It's just not very relaxing with all the kids running around screaming.

Visited September 2012
Coral Gables, Florida
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Unique Swimming Pool”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

The Venetial Pool is very different from other pools. You feel like you are in another country. The water is very cold even in the summer, but it is a unique experience.

Richmond, Virginia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Closed for repairs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Just a warning, Closed for repairs in January and February 2013, so check before you go. Very charming and old world as I viewed it through a locked fence. Definitely glad I saw it and worth driving by.

Visited January 2013
Plantation, Florida
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Little Venice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is a great place that has served generations of gables residents. My grandparents met and fell in love here while attending UM back in 1940. Still has that charm with its grotto, beaches and Mediterranean architecture. My only reservation is the water is colder than I'd care for and so I never go in. Tropical polar bears would love it.

Visited February 2012